Why didn't romans just evacuate to one of pic related islands and just defend them with navy while living comfy life in...

why didn't romans just evacuate to one of pic related islands and just defend them with navy while living comfy life in dark ages europe

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Cartagena_(461)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Cap_Bon_(468)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

are you trying to get someone to post it?

well Sardinia is off the table for obvious reasons, good thing you didn't circle it op, you are very smart

no, just trying to get some cool discussion going about roman government going into exile but still functioning in some small community

You do realize it would take 50-60 years to sail to those Islands right? Technology back in the way was not developed and they didn't have modern ships.

don't say it
don't fucking say it

probably because they did it in Venice

Did you post this because you thougjt it would still be funny after 482 previous versions, or is it just a Pavlovian response?

Why not just walk there once the ice is thicc enough in the winter?

can you elaborate

Because there's no snow in Southern Europe. This is why Southern Europeans resemble desert people from Arab countries

Corsica and Baléares were overrun by Lombards and Arabs at some point. Sardinia remained Roman but was de facto indipendent.

Venice was born when roman people fled from the countryside to the lagoon during the last years of the empire, when the huns and the germanic tribes were invading Italy.

>thicc

You should drink bleach.

that's only arab's wishful thinking though

>Because there's no snow in Southern Europe.
So just wait for a mini ice age?

They did, Byzantium left a large fleet in Sardinia after genociding the Vandals

Dark Ages is a meme

no its not
the only meme is that it was caused by christianity

you can't genocide barbarians, they're not human

The closest you can get to this possibility is unironically the city of Venice

I'm not smart, please explain why

1)When Rome fell Vandals were in Sardinia
2)The Byzantine later did station a huge portion of their fleet in Sardinia as I've said above
3)A Byzantine fleet from Sardinia actually defeated the Lombard one trying to invade the island

Thanks user :3

As a Swedish+North German from Ohio i see no difference between Arabs and Southern Europeans.

No, the only meme is that all of the middle ages are considered as a dark age

I think it's a Civ IV/his meme

most of them are
only high middle ages are exception

Sardinian actually is the closest living descendant to Latin so maybe

Why didn’t they all just migrate to england instead?

it fell to barbarians pretty early
i dont know why they never consolidated their control of british isles... i know they were considered to be poor but it probably would take less effort that all these years trying to wrestle with sassanids

The worst part is some (majority) thought he was serious

>As a Swedish+North German

And as a Dutchman I think you are a brainlet in regards to phenotypes.

Almost positive that the Islands were already conquered by the time Rome fell.

Not a option because the Romans were losing the war at sea as well.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Cartagena_(461)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Cap_Bon_(468)

The Battle of Cap Bon was a rather large battle, you should read up on it.

>live on useless islands in bumfuck nowhere
>strong enough economy to keep a usefull navy
Choose only one

>in bumfuck nowhere

Right in the middle of the Mediterranean

>useless

Sardinia is full of copper and silver deposits

476-c. 1000: Pretty dark. We still don't know for sure if King Arthur was one person, a conflation of several, or just a legend.

1000-Renaissance: Not as dark, though the stuff about King Arthur arguably applies even more so to Robin Hood, and there was sort of a "double-dip depression" at the start of the Little Ice Age in the 1300s.