What's the difference between this (gold standard) and myprotein whey or isolate ?

What's the difference between this (gold standard) and myprotein whey or isolate ?

I'm currently taking myprotein isolate and some people around me swear the gold standard is a lot better but I haven't found any real study or proof that there's any real difference expect for taste.

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11880595
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I've bought both, and looked at the nutrition info on both. Macros and calories are virtually identical.

Biggest difference is that MyProtein frequently gets massive sales and discounts, whereas Optimum only goes on sale during a BOGO 50% promo at GNC.

Optimum also has better flavors, whereas most MyProtein flavors are ass.

Why is it so hard to find a protein powder without soy?

Because soy lecithin is what allows whey to dissolved in water

What's the problem with soy ?

So no real difference apart from personal taste ? I think myprotein tastes are fine you just have to find the ones you like

What flavors have you tasted?

I'm still waiting for at least 50% off sale before buying.
I was thinking of getting Chocolate Nut and Strawberry Creme.

Natural vanilla (okay-bad) / chocolate (okay-good), cookie cream (good but can't get that shit down anymore) and chocolate mint (okay-good). Fat fuck so usually took em with water but I tried and it's pretty good with milk.

Pretty much. The chocolate flavors from Optimum are really good without being too artificial sweet, whereas MyProtein has that problem on almost all their flavors except for Chocolate Brownie and Chocolate Mint.

>MP flavors are ass

Just buy unflavored and add your own, morons. I always buy Unflavored and have no issues with adding my own. You fools must be lazy.

Redpill me on protein bros. Been lifting for a month now but havent started using protein yet. What do I need to know and what brands and flavors are the best? What should I avoid?

This study is dated a bit but shouldn't have changed much.

ON and MP are generally the most popular because of quality for the price.
ON is just more popular in US and MP in Europe because of different pricing. Also OP has better marketing, that's it.

Best brands are chicken and egg whites

You gotta make sure you 100% know what you are doing

Protein isn't some magic injection that can make you bench 3pl8 for reps in a week, you gotta know exactly what you are getting into. You can end up benching 3pl8 for reps, but it will take a few cycles,but by the you might find it to be too dangerous to continue and you might die in a sauna a la Zyzz. So research everything you can before losing your natty card.

You gotta plan your protein cycle, and take regular bloodwork from a physician to make sure it ain't fucking your kidneys or liver up. And if you start losing hair, cut the cycle then and there and do PCT right away cause your protein levels are far too high.

In my opinion it's a good thing ONLY IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND IF YOU ARE ASKING THESE QUESTIONS YOU DONT.

YOU ARE NOT READY FOR PROTEIN YET, UNDERSTAND?

Now read the sticky and get off my board. Chump.

MP has been hit with a class action lawsuit over inflating their protein content

Produces estrogen

Especially soy protein concentrate

Do I need protein to make fast gains and get better recovery?

I want to go all natty but I want results too.

sauce?

Total broscience. Even if it did, the amount of lecithin is incredibly small. A big tub of protein only has a few grams of soy lecithin.

>Total broscience.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11880595

Fug I just got body fortress

Read this and sticky again.
It's a bit excessive but I agree. Don't take whey or other stuff if you don't know exactly what it does to your body, how much you already ger and need.

Man, it really *is* that bad. Sorry, bro

>MyProtein frequently gets massive sales and discounts

Where at? Tired of spending as much as I do on ON

Website, you can get 20% or more easily

Good lord they have way too many choices. They have 10 different choices for "protein powder". Shit needs to be simplified

Well maybe you don't know your shit because it's pretty simple to find what you want