CE/BCE

>CE/BCE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=czgOWmtGVGs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>it’s another Christian safe space thread
Sage

Great thread, never seen one like it on here before. Love the effort you put into the OP. I'm sure it will inspire many pages of scintillating discussion.

youtube.com/watch?v=czgOWmtGVGs

Anyone who agrees with this shit disgusts me

Can you even go more reddit than that?

Political correctness is cancer.

>going full cultural revolution

Never change leftists

>starts a shitty thread
>people point out it's a shitty thread
>I'm sure they're saying that because they disagree with me

Do you agree with OP?

>Veeky Forums- history and humanities

>don’t actually discuss things relating to history

Woah...this is the power of leftypol

>post a thread we’ve had a million times
>literally whining about a change in the fucking name of a calendar
Never change armchair Christians

Yeah I’m sure you REALLY want to talk about history.

>not using the founding of Rome as the zero of your calendar
Leave, barbarians

>don’t actually talk about historical dating systems

Hmmm

Posting a meme frog because you’re upset that the new name for the dating system doesn’t have Based Christ in it does not beget historical discussion.

>The term "Common Era" can be found in English as early as 1708, and became more widely used in the mid-19th century by Jewish academics
I'm shocked

This.

>when a redditor says CE/BCE

>tfw someone doesn’t acknowledge BASED JESUS CHRIST and uses the JEWISH KIKERY THAT IS (((((((CE/BCE))))))))

>widely used by Jewish academics

Just a coincidence, goy

>a group of people that don't believe in Jesus Christ do not use terminology that relates to him
wow

>deliberately bucking the universally established dating system in your society because you’re a snowflake

Change don't believe in to actively hate. Jews don't like Jesus at all. In fact the slur "kike" comes from the fact they refused to mark immigration forms with an X because it was too similar to a Christian cross and used a circle instead. Now THAT is petty behavior.

I do not give a single fucking shit. Personally I tend to use BC and AD but have no problem using BCE/CE in e.g. an academic setting where it's expected of me. The two systems coexist just fine.

If you actually want to have a discussion, then actually write a real OP next time. But that's all moot because you don't actually care about historical discussion, it's a front. What you really wanted was to get people bitching about political correctness and leftists, and probably Jews and redditors for that matter (and unfortunately some dumbasses are complying), because although you have an entire board for that shit, SOMEHOW IT'S JUST NOT ENOUGH.

You guys are literally whining about a couple different letters. How can you lack that much self-awareness when calling others snowflakes?

people (in countries that use the Gregorian calendar) who don't want to use BC/AD should be forced to use the French Revolutionary calendar

I just don't understand why western countries are continuously expected to hide or remove aspects of our culture because it might offend some people from different areas of the world. It's tiresome having postmodernists continually scratching away at what makes Britain, Britain under the guise of being politically correct.

>I do not give a single fucking shit. Personally I tend to use BC and AD but have no problem using BCE/CE in e.g. an academic setting where it's expected of me. The two systems coexist just fine.
You didn't actually answer to the question though

>have 1,000 year + established dating system
>hey I’m going to start fucking with it
>why? That’s dumb just leave it alone
>HAHA TRIGGERED YOU! SOUNDS LIKE YOU NEED A SAFE SPACE!

Who are you quoting? Is that what OP said? No, he fucking posted it for the umpteenth time with a fucking meme frog. You’re fucking whining about a literal non-issue.

>You’re fucking whining about a literal non-issue.
This would hold more weight if the left hadn't been actively trying to strip my country of it's cultural heritage for the past few decades. How many traditions have we had to give up because it might offend? Can't say Merry Christmas anymore, got to say "Happy Holidays", can't celebrate our independence day because it would offend the native peoples, can't use the name of our calandar Anno Domini because it might offend. When does it end? You're correct that this particular issue in isolation is a small one but the same justification is used to strong arm us into giving up pretty much all our cultural traditions because we're too worried about offending people who came from different cultures.

BCE/CE

Still based on the date of Christs birth

Really makes you think

>Implying the next step won't be to change the date itself
C'mon now. They're already pushing for it

>DUDE APATHY LMAO