Lifters who don't follow any routine... what do you guys do? do u guys have a general plan at least...

lifters who don't follow any routine... what do you guys do? do u guys have a general plan at least? post stats in ur responses

I don't really have a routine. I try to bench and press consistently and deadlift once a week and then Ill add some accessories like dips, pull-ups and chin-ups, and curls. I also started squatting. I used to lift pretty religiously with a set routine so I had a lot of muscle memory to work off of

Bench 195 3x5
Press 130 3x5
Squat 205 3x5
Deadlift 285 1x6

Could be more for dead but my grip is very weak. 5'10 175 lbs

get chalk. I'm cutting and my deadlift has gone up 25 lbs after using it

Oh I use chalk. I just have like 5 inch wrists lol

Strange, I'm 5'4 160 with relatively short arms and can deadlift 320x5 but only OHP 135 1x5. You probably have technical flaws holding you back.

>5 inch wrists
pics?

I don't follow a program and lift as often as possible. So anywhere form 3x to 7x a week.

My general plan is to do some lifts that I like, go heavy, do some 5s and a lot of back off sets for volume and stimulation.

I like to deadlift like two to three times a week.
Like to bench up to 5-6x a week
Like to squat like once a decade

I've thought about compiling a list of press movements, a list of pulls and alternating every day
So like maybe one day I do barbell hack squats, then the next day push presses, then the next day stiff led deads, then bench etc etc (with squats thrown in once a while)

>not following a routine
That being said, just aim to do at least one of either of these any given workout and you're pretty much set:
>Bench or Overhead Press
>Squat or Deadlift
>Row or (Weighted) Pullup

Probs. Tbh I wasn't even going to squat at all but I felt like my deads were suffering because of a weak lower body. When I said I could deadlift more I meant more reps. At 6 reps my grip failed. But not more weight. My form is really good I'm pretty sure I think I'm just weak when it comes to deads for whatever reason

I've gone long periods of time without a definite routine. I would mostly just focus on doing enough work in the main compound movements 3-5 days a week. this is adequate for maintaining or even gaining strength as long as you aren't lazy.

however, I would definitely argue that having a structured routine designed to reach defined goals is a more effective way to train

Here's a look at what I did this week for example
>bench
>new 3rm
>back of set of paused 5
>back off set of paused 10

>bench
>new 5rm
>back off set of 5 TnG
>back off set of 10 TnG

>deadlifts
>new 5rm

>deadlifts
>new 5rm again (needed stimulants for this one)
>back off set of heavy 10

Lots of accessories too if I feel like it.

What about a template- meeting in the middle of randomness and a routine. Like u plan to hit certain lifts or movement at terms x times a week

I just go to the gym and lift whatever I feel like, I do remember what i lifted last time so i don't do the same lifts again.

I usually pick at least one full body movement as my main movement, squats, dls or bench. Then supplement with complementary exercises.

I like to go heavy, maybe do a daily max or some heavy doubles or tripples, but sometimes I just do lighter work, more volume etc. I listen to my body and adjust accordingly.

I find this style of training much more enjoyable, rather than following some kind of program autistically. My lifts are decent. 4pl8 squat 1rm, 120kg bench 5 reps, 4pl8 dl 4-5 reps

Forgot to say I've been lifting for 3 years now. Went from skelly at 77kg to beeing 91kg now.

When will they learn

how many days a week u lift?
do u do man variations of the powerlifts?

When you lift for a long time some things become second nature. Like when i see an egg i think well theres 6 grams.

I do block periodization but i dont really structure it. It just happens. I do a few weeks of high volume feeling excited and energetic. After like 3 weeks im burnt out and just do some intensity sessions. And finally ill go back to volume and think hmm i feel good. Lets add 4kg.

do what i feel like

360 bench
460 squat
500 dl

2.5 years lifting

train legs maybe once every 2 weeks as well

did you find that your training took shape, i.e. you ended up following a pattern?

I do deadlifts arleast 5 times a week. Is that bad?

before that can be answered - what is your 1rm

I diddlylift lmao2pl8

when would it ever be good?

if its working for u more power to u - i would advise tho you keep it varied, i.e a heavy low volume day, a dynamic effort day, a form focused day, an all assistance work day etc

like in what situation would high frequency deadlifting be good?