/k/ here, does lifting and physical strength help you out with your other hobbies?

/k/ here, does lifting and physical strength help you out with your other hobbies?

What are they?

What motivates you to lift?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XMpmnDU4nmM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No
Board gaming
The idea of falling behind my gymbro

Having a strong grip and back makes you automatically decent at rock climbing. Gives a huge head start. Your technique can be garbage, but you will still be able to just power through shit that weak twinks would fail on.

reducing perceived recoil

> your other hobbies
Funny

why do /k/ fags always say they are from /k/?

Is it because it's a "cool" board?
It really doesn't matter saying you are from /k/ unless you said something related to weapons.

Masturbation, yes.

okay, one of my hobbies is archery, and strength is definitely a factor because it allows me to hold longer and steadier.
I bet you're fun at parties

I like making pottery on a wheel and it helps. I like hiking and camping and it also helps. I like fucking women and it helps with that too. I like picking things up and putting them down and it helps that as well.

Le epic fun at le party meme

Since lifting is your main focus, what are your stats? How long have you been lifting? What kind of progress have you made?

I'm not pretending to be better than you, I have a drug habit and I'm miserable a lot of the time. I write shitty code for a living.

Because they are narcissistic /pol/tards who need to spout how much they love guns.

Sorta makes hills easier to climb
camping/outdoors
being swole so my grandkids will say wow gramps you were such a chad back in the day

youtube.com/watch?v=XMpmnDU4nmM

I lift heavy weights so that one day I can lift heavier weights

I'd say lifting helps with that

>having hobbies other than lifting

Yes, they both help out tremendously. The list is so long, I could be here all day talking about why, but it really comes down to increasing the amount of energy you have throughout the day. I've found that most people can't handle a full day's worth of obstacles and challenges very well because they lack the energy to do so. Strengthening neural connections, balancing hormones, improving cardio/circulation and developing healthy posture are some of the best things you can do to increase your pool of accessible energy. Being able to regulate your energy levels and tackle each obstacle with thought and care helps you stay happy and happy is good for hobbies.

Outdoors stuff like camping, hiking, hunting... recreational sports like volleyball, basketball and frisbee... playing vidya...

The feeling of superior health and vitality... the high that comes with exertion... the knowledge that I won't be happy unless I'm pushing myself and growing as a person...

die please, this is called an out-lier categorizing this person as a board of tens of thousands of people is objectively in every way incorrect. In fact /k/ is the exact opposite of /pol/ in almost every way. That shows how much you know about neither of some of the most popular boards here on this very website: Veeky Forums (just incase your severe autism made you forget what website we're on)

Did I tell you about Veeky Forums? A website that has millions of users with completely different-polarizing opinions that change on a user to user basis? Stop saying retarded shit like: "x" user from "y" board always thinks "z" no you're objectively incorrect in every sense of the word incorrect, fuck off.

Just to reiterate this is /k/'s sticky: "Welcome to /k/, Veeky Forums's weapons board. Our board centers around weapons, armor, and other myriad military technology. While guns are the primary topic, threads involving any other sort of weapons, from swords and knives to tanks and jet fighters, come up frequently as well."

This is /pol/'s sticky: "This board is for the discussion of news, world events, political issues, and other related topics."

sit the fuck down and put some fucking quality into your fucking posts you newfag

That's going to fail at some point. You need to find a reason not dependent on other people.

Helps out with boxing and BJJ. I also have to stand around and look "reliable" so being bigger also helps. Motivation comes from realizing the future falls on my back, so I'm going to need some strong muscles.

And while I don't own a gun (because I live in fucking NY), I strongly encourage gun owners to work out. Any time you need to fire a gun outside the range is also a time you'll need physical strength and stamina.

Definitely helps with backpacking, working on/racing cars, and gaming sessions that are longer than they should be. For me it's the fact that the multitude of benefits are worth the time I sink into lifting and eating healthy

They think being /k/ makes up for looking like a dyel or fatass.

do boxing lessons help? im thinking of taking them but im DYEL as fuck so it'll be in junction with working out more

helps with bouldering, like alot, currently at 3pl8 deads, 2 pl8 squats, 1.5pl8 bench, 1pl8 ohp, snatch and cj at 135 lbs 5% bf

Boxing does not build strength. It builds technique. You always have to push and pull heavy things to build strength.

not really for strength, just in general, more able to defend yourself, mentally, etc

If you want to do self-defense, practice one striking martial art (Boxing, Kickboxing, Muay Thai, etc) and one grappling martial art (BJJ, Wrestling, Judo, etc).

Raised by a chef, eating is my hobby. Explains how I got fat. Down to dyel skinnyfat mode now, but am always going to be afraid of getting fat again. I just wanna eat and be aesthetic.

lifting passes the time between now and when i die