en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonus_Army
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

no

>that doujin

>polluting glorious /ss/ with rapey homo trash
simply terrible, nuke the chinks again 2bh

My favorite Japanese emperor

This thread is a reddit dot cum slash err slash kaiserreich raid

Does Japan still hate the Gaijin Shogun?

Source? Google and Sauce give me nothing for OPs image.

No, NOW it's a Kaiserreich raid.

*blocks ur path*

H
A
R
E

beautiful

*nukes you*

E V E R Y
M A N
A
K I N G

hentai2read.com/the_wolf_and_the_seven_young_goats/2/19/

*doesn't authorize your nukes*

No, but he is the best Japanese Prime Minister

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonus_Army
>At 4:45 p.m., commanded by General Douglas MacArthur, the 12th Infantry Regiment, Fort Howard, Maryland, and the 3rd Cavalry Regiment, supported by six M1917 light tanks commanded by Maj. George S. Patton, formed in Pennsylvania Avenue while thousands of civil service employees left work to line the street and watch. The Bonus Marchers, believing the troops were marching in their honor, cheered the troops until Patton ordered[citation needed] the cavalry to charge them, which prompted the spectators to yell, "Shame! Shame!"[citation needed]
>Shacks that members of the Bonus Army erected on the Anacostia Flats burning after its confrontation with the army.
>After the cavalry charged, the infantry, with fixed bayonets and tear gas entered the camps, evicting veterans, families, and camp followers. The veterans fled across the Anacostia River to their largest camp, and Hoover ordered the assault stopped. MacArthur chose to ignore the president and ordered a new attack, claiming that the Bonus March was an attempt to overthrow the US government; 55 veterans were injured and 135 arrested.[14] A veteran's wife miscarried. When 12-week-old Bernard Myers died in the hospital after being caught in the tear gas attack, a government investigation reported he died of enteritis, and a hospital spokesman said the tear gas "didn't do it any good."[20]

>During the military operation, Major Dwight D. Eisenhower, later the 34th president of the United States, served as one of MacArthur's junior aides.[21] Believing it wrong for the Army's highest-ranking officer to lead an action against fellow American war veterans, he strongly advised MacArthur against taking any public role: "I told that dumb son-of-a-bitch not to go down there," he said later. "I told him it was no place for the Chief of Staff."[22] Despite his misgivings, Eisenhower later wrote the Army's official incident report that endorsed MacArthur's conduct

>Chad MacArthur vs. the Virgin bonus army

They are forever pissed that he outed their living God as a manlet

>american heroes

It's an unauthorized nuking then, whatcha gonna do about it?

>"I told that dumb son-of-a-bitch not to go down there," he said later. "I told him it was no place for the Chief of Staff."[22] Despite his misgivings, Eisenhower later wrote the Army's official incident report that endorsed MacArthur's conduct
what a hypocrite Eisenhower, he wishes he was as Chad as Patton and MacArthur

IGLOO was unintentionally hilarious

But being a harmless dweeb that wouldn't start fights with the Bongs is what got him the Supreme Allied Commander in Europe job.

*slash and burns Atlanta*

>nice /ss/ stuff
>ruin it with fag shit

>that fucking garand holster on the side of the jeep

fresh as af tho

Good. Commies getting BTFO.

Fun Fact: When MacArthur first visited Japan after the war, he insisted on going without bodyguards. He believed that the Japanese would be more impressed if showed up by himself. Most people expected that he would go directly to the Emperor to talk to him. Instead, he did the opposite. He completely ignored the Emperor until Hirohito came to visit him in person, many weeks later. It was late at night, MacArthur was actually in his pajamas at the time. He didn't even bother to change.

Why were 20th century American generals so cool?

They weren't, you just read cherrypicked anecdotes involving them.

Because having power and actually using it is awesome. If you cant use that power, you look like a bitch to the rest of the country.

Because they got to prove themselves in large scale wars rather than shooting at exploding sandniggers.

> haberdasher out of his depth
> gets suckered by Stalin
> loses the war
> blames you

MacArthur presided over two hallmark events in US military history.

First: the largest surrender of US forces in history.

Second: the longest retreat of US forces in history.

>[citation needed]

>A second, smaller Bonus March in 1933 at the start of the Roosevelt administration was defused in May with an offer of jobs with the Civilian Conservation Corps at Fort Hunt, Virginia, which most of the group accepted. Those who chose not to work for the CCC by the May 22 deadline were given transportation home.

Wow. Why didn't Hoover do this?

Why unleash MacDaddy?

This only happened because Truman refused to let him bomb Manchuria. The Chinese had overwhelming numerical superior, but MacArthur still could have held the peninsula if he'd only be allowed to use his air power to its full potential.

They made a movie about this jerkwad in Korea. I myself didn’t even hear of General Ridgeway until last year, when I decided to find out for myself.

wrong

He could have mitigated the defeat but he never could have prevented it. The actual number of US forces in the Philippines was small. Most of the fighting elements and the forces surrendered were native Filipinos.

It's actually impressive to stage a strategic withdrawal in the face of a numerically superior opponent, retain cohesion and inflict greater casualties without having your army be destroyed.

He's an ass and he fucked up, but it could have been worse. Retreats under fire are notoriously difficult. At least the army didn't get Singapored.

>Why didn't Hoover do this?
he didn't have 17000 jobs for the commies occupying Washington, the march was too big to work

>Why unleash MacDaddy?
it was his last year in office, might as well have some fun

>They made a movie about this jerkwad in Korea.

Why wouldn't they? He saved them from getting overrun. Say what you want about MacArthur, he's the reason why South Korea didn't get steamrolled in the first phase of the war. Even MacArthur's harshest critics were forced to admit that Operation Chromite was a masterstroke that turned around a desperate situation.

>They made a movie about this jerkwad in Korea.

Why wouldn't they? He saved them from getting overrun. Say what you want about MacArthur, he's the reason why South Korea didn't get steamrolled in the first phase of the war. Even MacArthur's harshest critics were forced to admit that Operation Chromite was a masterstroke that turned around a desperate situation. It's the reason why we still have a north and south Korea instead of a single Korea that is completely owned by the communists.

>China have an overwhelming numerical superiorit.....

Ridgeway managed without that, what's MacArthur's excuse?

Ridgeway was only tasked with defending South Korea whereas MacArthur was initially tasked with holding the entire peninsula, which he certainly could have done if he'd been permitted to make use of his air power.

He wasn't tasked with anything of the sort, he decided that was his job on his own

>some jap was salty enough to draw this

His specific mission (during the first phase of the war) was to destroy the North Korean army, which obviously isn't possible without occupying North Korea to some extent. Once the Chinese intervened, the situation changed.

Ike was unironically the greatest WW2 commander though

By what standard?

*Sacks u*

>This only happened because Truman refused to let him bomb Manchuria.
The "Bomb China with Nukes" memes happened after MacArthur got his ass handed to him by Chinks.

I'm not talking about nukes. Immediately after the Chinese started appearing on the Korean peninsula in significant numbers, MacArthur proposed a series of measures to counter them. These measures included bombing Chinese military bases in Manchuria to disrupt enemy supply chains. This would have been accomplished with tactical aircraft that were already present in Korea. However, MacArthur was forbidden to send his aircraft into Manchuria, even for the purposes of conducting reconnaissance or pursuing enemy aircraft. This crippling restriction is what made it impossible for UN aircraft to interdict the massive number of Chinese troops that were pouring in from Manchuria. UN forces had to pull back from North Korea just to stay alive.

The idea that somehow MacArthur had to retreat simply because he was a bad general is frankly fucking stupid. With the forces he had at his disposal, and the restrictions that he was being asked to fight under, pulling back was the only option.

well shit avoiding escalating a full on war with China is worth that i think

>have overwhelming superiority in tanks, aircraft, equipment, numerical superiority, and the largest industrial nation in the world behind you
>get blown the fuck out by a couple hundred suicidal chinks with submachine guns who just got down in a bloody civil war and getting JAPAN'D for decades
will amerimutts ever recover?

The chinks didn't even have real shoes just footwraps, let that sink in

China at this point in time did not possess any weapon systems capable of striking the US or even Japan.

it's less about being threatened and more about geopolitics and stuff

no sweetie, he's not even the best US Korean War General.

Chink in*

Ridgway held the peninsula without starting WW3...

>Ridgway held the peninsula

Not the entire peninsula. Only South Korea.

Doesn't anyone realize that the biggest reason they didn't attack China was because they didn't want the Soviets involved?

A war with the Soviet Union would have literally devastated Europe for the third time in a century.

No one was asking anyone to hold the entire peninsula though

He was the commanding general during the 2 worst defeats to a foreign enemy in US history so, no.

>Asking for promised wages to be paid is communism

Really makes you think

bingo...Truman was the good-guy here, the fact that people still defend Mac 70 years later is nutz.

Mac didn't hold the whole peninsula either, and nearly lost the whole damn thing.

You're making the mistake of thinking that the communist world was one unified bloc. It wasn't. The Soviets and the Red Chinese had separate agendas. Sometimes these agendas intersected each other. Sometimes they didn't, and the Korean War was one of those cases. If the Soviets had intended to get involved, then they would have done so at the same time China did.

>Mac didn't hold the whole peninsula either

Yes, because there was no way to do that given the restrictions that he was under. If he'd been allowed to make use of his air power to strike Chinese military installations in Manchuria, or at very least perform aerial reconnaissance in that area, things would have gone very differently.

The original objective of UN forces in Korea was to destroy the North Korean army. How do you destroy the North Korean army without taking North Korea?

>You're making the mistake of thinking that the communist world was one unified bloc. It wasn't.

You're correct about that. But China at the time was a strong ally overall to the Soviets and right on their border.

The last thing the Russians would want is even the slightest hint of a strong, friendly communist nation might be threatened by the US.

Sorry, I should add a strong, friendly communist nation on their border.

>Yes, because there was no way to do that given the restrictions that he was under. If he'd been allowed to make use of his air power to strike Chinese military installations in Manchuria, or at very least perform aerial reconnaissance in that area, things would have gone very differently.

yeah, the Soviets would have kicked the US out of Asia.

How? The Soviets didn't have any troops in the area. They had a few airbases nearby, but they wouldn't have been able to coordinate with Chinese ground troops efficiently because of the language barrier.

none of that is true.....the Soviets had massive resources in Asia and coordinated extensively with the Chinese and North Koreans not only on military but also massive civil projects.

>How do you destroy the North Korean army without taking North Korea?
By not taking 11 days to advance 20 miles

Firstly I want to make it clear I'm an Ameriboo. I defend virtually everything America has done pre-'90s and am entirely biased in favor of US people and US actions.

MacArthur is a fucking loser and legitimately retarded. Honestly I can't think of a bigger fucking retard in US history if I tried.
Here's a list of his dumbfuckery:
He disbanded the Bonus Army which might as well be treason, he scrapped a perfectly good plan in the Pacific and bailed out as leader leaving his fuck up to some other guy who salvaged it but corn smoking retard got credit anyway, he literally killed a General just for outsmarting him (Yamashita committed absolutely no war crimes and was only guilty of making MacArthur and the Brits look like retards), he refused to believe China was in Korea until he saw them with his own eyes, no matter who told him, and then he vied for FUCKING NUKING CHINA DURING THE COLD FUCKING WAR.

As a tactician he's a failure who fucks up and gets bailed out, as a human being he's a big doofus who tells photographers to only take photos of him looking like a fucking dweeb with his stupid shades and his unlike corn cob pipe.

And as a flip I can say honestly that flips don't fight so good. They couldn't shoot straight (like, literally could not, I'm not misusing the word) during the american conquest and the americans weren't exactly keen on teaching them how to in the afermath. Still lingering bad blood.

>It's actually impressive to stage a strategic withdrawal in the face of a numerically superior opponent,

If you noticed the picture: the UN Forces outnumbered the Chinks by 20,000.

as much i hate the decision to take back Philippines i ultimately accept it due to the need to rescue the Bataan march pow and help the flips resistance, it made more sense than Formosa nowadays

dunno if the best but definitely the most handsome

>Dugout Doug