A warrior in an era of peace is nothing more than a chained watchdog

>A warrior in an era of peace is nothing more than a chained watchdog

Can this statement be refused?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ol2nlBtBnZU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

when the world is at peace a warrior keeps his sword by his side

First for gassing the Phezzani menace

>(((terraists))) actually make the Reich stronger by making the traitors out themselves

It can't, but it's lending itself to sound smarter than it really is.

It works in the context of his character. He's too fixated on war as the means of proving himself and satisfying his ambition (as well as his desire to destroy himself) to be able to exist normally in peacetime. But, you know, it can be used in a broader sense. Anyone whose whole identity revolves around war isn't going to be suited to peace.

But why can some great warriors make the transition into peace easily while others can't?

It's policy. Soldiers today are kept on base, painting rocks and moving sand, shining their boots and tidying their rooms for pointless inspection, and keeping the parade ground neat for the officers to strut, so they are kept out of town and out of trouble. College freshmen are given more trust with their free time than an E4 in the military.

Be honest, did he really do anything wrong?

Really the worst part of the show for me. Trying to reform civilization into a feudal slave society when even-better-than-modern technology exists is ludicrous. There's a reason feudalism doesn't work outside of geographically small and technologically undeveloped areas. In no way could something as technologically advanced and of such large area as a galactic civilization not immediately have collapsed under his rule.

He did, but this one certainly did not

>implying laws, rules, and personal morality don't govern warriors even during times of warfare and discord.

>feudal slave society
I don't think it was that literal, it was more a case of creating a privileged nobility.

Because some people have other things to live for, like family, friends, things they love. They're more than just soldiers. But he was such that any other opinion was out of the question.

The audience is shown some of how the empire works before Reinhard institutes his reforms and it is very much the worst aspects of feudalism and serfdom IN SPACE. Like beyond Tsarist Russia levels of bad. I know the story needed Reinhard to struggle against a backwards system but it went overboard into unbelievability.

Because it's supposed to be a parallel to the Napoleonic Wars, hence why space battles were the way they were.

>but it went overboard into unbelievability.
Is this your only sticking point about the feasibility of the show?

Actually feudalism would work far better in space than in the contemporary world.

What did he mean by this?

Why do you have to be a warrior 24/7?
Plenty of soldiers in the past had a secondary trade that they could ply in peacetime.

No. A warrior doesn't exist without a war. An era of peace produces not warriors. Additionally a vast majority of soldiers absolutely despise combat.

Cpl. Ray Person explains this in the last bit of this video

youtube.com/watch?v=ol2nlBtBnZU

Potentially this. The distances involved would make centralization very difficult.

Warriors attack and conquer, they prey on the weak. Soldiers defend and protect the innocent - mostly from warriors.

LOGH thread ?
LOGH Thread!

Even in times of "peace" there's some war going on in some cesspool country go get your war fix there

Is Yang /ourguy/?

all I have to say is that civilian control of the military is a really great thing, and I'm glad its as strong as it is in western democracies

He was a cuck, so yeah, /ourguy/

western democracies are unable to create great men

Why was this faggot so smug all the time?

>Wenli
>Not a Chad

He was literally the most feared man in the universe

1. what is a great man
2. prove that non-democratic states can prove them while democracies can not
3. explain why producing great men is important

Because retards believed his ruse and actually managed to kill YANG FUCKING WEN-LI, something not even the Kaiser himself could do

yes animu, yes it is

>producing great men is unimportant

Great men are the result of a society that is in the process of changing even without that person, but history always chooses one person to be the representation of that change

Democracies always steal the spotlight for these kind of people and thus make the passing of history duller

Yeah what a fucking chad

please re-read the three questions I asked you, this does not answer any of them

1. A Great Man™ is a person that true his/her actions change the course of society

2. Usually societies are already in process of changing, so the great man isn't even necessary, but non-democratic nations tend to produce more due to the fact that the spotlight stays on them until they succeed or fail. Due to the institutions of democracy, the spotlight of that single man dilutes accross many others, making them to stand out less even if they get the same achievements

3. Great Men just make reading history nicer and interesting (Napoopan and Revolutionary France, Megas Alexandros and nor Kircheis Hephaestion, even if literal retards could have used to great effect Phillip's army, etc.

Whats the name of this anime?

legend of galactic autism

>monarchy is superior to democracy because it worked in this one cartoon I watched