When did you guys grow out of training for strength?

When did you guys grow out of training for strength?

a while back when i realized i feel a lot better doing isolations with little rest over heavy compounds with long rest periods and grinding my cns hard

When I'm dead

faggot

>edgy skinnyfat powerlifter detected

>Weak insecure teenager detected
at least you have abs, right?

>implying I'm not strong
>implying training for size doesn't also give you strength

You should always just treat strength as a nice byproduct.

when I fucked up my back doing deadlifts.

I look better and feel better on a brosplit.
Never going back to lifting for strength

>implying training for strength doesn't also give you size/aesthetics

You should always just treat aesthetics as a nice byproduct.

Inguinal hernia, then umbilical hernia shortly after. Oh, and the fact that I realized I have gained almost no real life strength (grappling, working, carrying etc).

t. On starting strength for 3 months

believe me you'll grow out of it soon.

My goal is to fuck my CNS into submission with more deadlifts and squats. Doing a pretty good job of it so far, so no points for class or style, but I'm the only person at my shit-tier apartment gym that uses the rack other than one shriveled octogenarian that loops a band around one of the supports and does this weird dance once or twice a week and I've got that going for me so that's nice.

Maybe I just don't know any better and this is a cry for help, but I'm pretty stubborn.

Not really.

Was does "Training for Strength" even mean to you?

>Was does "Training for Strength" even mean to you?

Training in order to get stronger past a certain level of strength in primarily the big 3 lifts.

I do not believe there is any need to get beyond several reps of bodyweight benchpress and bodyweight squats and 2x bodyweight deadlift.

Any more beyond that is a little bit useless but obviously that baseline of strength is necessary.

You know you have a terrible definition of training for strength when it disqualifies most people who train to compete in strength sports.

We're talking about most of the people on this board who much like Rippetoe and his Trainees have never actually had competitive lifts in powerlifting.

>I do not believe there is any need to get beyond several reps of bodyweight benchpress and bodyweight squats and 2x bodyweight deadlift.

"need" is very vague.
Sure, if you don't compete in PL, you don't "need" to maximize the amount of weight you can move on these lifts.
But unless you can 100% avoid picking up heavy things throughout your life, being stronger is always better.
Even though you will never get to pick up something with exactly the same stance and grip as you would a barbell, it still has a lot of carryover.
If you are VERY strong in an ideal position (deadlift), you will also be strong in a less ideal position (picking up furniture or whatever).
Same for the squat. If you can push with your legs against a lot of weight in the "ideal" position of the squat, you can push with your legs against a lot of weight in a less ideal position, like with your shoulder against something that's in the way.
Same for most other lifts.
If you can move 150-200kg on a barbell in the gym, 50-100 kg outside of the gym in form of random heavy objects are easy.

never did train for strength, jumped on the reddit ppl bandwagon from the get go

I switched over to mostly endurance training when I started getting into MMA since that's much more important.

>projecting
I play murcan handegg you donut, stay mad

can someone explain the difference between training for strength vs training for aesthetics?

training for strength: progress is measured by weight on the bar
training for aesthetics: progress is measured by looks in the mirror

>repping bodyweight squats
>enough

lol, bodyweight squat is nothing for most people

it does not lol

proofs