Is training 6 days a week as a natty retarded? Has any anons on Veeky Forums seen good results from doing so?

Is training 6 days a week as a natty retarded? Has any anons on Veeky Forums seen good results from doing so?

Depends what you're doing.

I do ppl 6x a week and it's great.

That's what I'm thinking of doing. What does your PPL look like brah?

Not the guy you responded to but im doing reddit's PPL routine and I'm seeing good results 2months in. I'm doing it on a cut so i do less volume

>Is training 6 days a week as a natty retarded? Has any anons on Veeky Forums seen good results from doing so?

Depends on your priorities. Elite athletes train every day for a reason. Are you aspiring to be at that level, with all that it entails? And all the risks associated with it too? Then go ahead, train six days a week.

kek

I do le reddit PPL routine too

Honestly it's great.

1) I like how i feel my muscles are get tired from the shorter rest and more volume
2) I like being in and out of the gym under 50 mins.
3) I'm noticing much better gains, it's just great
4) it's actually fun to do. Other routines are boring, and no one really likes to be bored

eyy
I feel exactly the same. I look much better and because of the frequency of training my form has improved drastically and because of that I can lift more.

3rd user here, doing reddit ppl too, metallicadpa?
funniest program i have tried so far

I think so

Either way it's neato

This thread is why I come to Veeky Forums, a good morning laugh.

yea. time on it?

3 months

Not if you have a good 3 - 4 years of actual lifting behind you. With good progress that is.

I can almost smell the roids. Hate how vasculine they make you look.

Yea. More training = more results. Overtraining is a meme and there is a reason Rppetoe gets no respect, is fat and isnt strong. Pussy fat fuck.

kek.
The analogy of someone's skin on roids looking like a leaf always made me chuckle because of how true it is.

I would recommend full body 3x for the first 1 - 2 years. Upper/lower 4x between year 2 - 4, and then switch to PPL 6x or remain on upper/lower 4x when you have some decent muscle maturity.

Don't be upset because you're skinnyfat. You can also make it if you want it bad enough.

If you're just bodybuilding no real reason to unless you're doing PPL or roids

Overtraining isn't a meme at all, the problem is people just use it as an excuse to lift less.

I do 7 days a week and still feels fine.

I can bench your total for sure

not him but what do yu bench

Seen the best size gains while on 6x a week, I was full cocoon mode who only hit the gym and studied so all those rest days while on 3x a week seemed pointless. Wouldnt recommend if youre a complete beginner though

I'd rather overtrain than undergain

train 7 days a week, take a break when i feel like it or have plans

this is 8months in

looking good brah, lifts before/now?

month 2 of lifting

S 70
B 45
D 90

now
S 160
B 120
D 180

PPL is great, you'll make great gains but you might burn out after a few months (when I feel burned out, I remove a legs day, PPLxPPx or take a half week off PPLxxxx). You'll also wanna alternate and do variations depending on the day (ie. close grip vs. narrow, db vs bb, etc). What I do:

Push: 1st day will be more focused on chest, 2nd day on delts
Bench press (first push day of week)/OHP (second push day) 3x5 try to increase strength
OHP (1st day)/Bench press (2nd day) 3x8-10
Incline press (db, bench or hammer strength machine) 3x8
Flyes 3x8
Lateral raises 3x8
Triceps isolation 3x8

Pull:
Usually warm-up with pull-ups xF and chin-ups xF
Rows 3x5-8 (whatever works for you, I don't like Pendlay, I do Meadows or T-Bar instead)
Cable rows 3x10
Lat pulldowns (1st day close, 2nd narrow) 3x10
Shrugs 3x10
Facepulls (1st)/reverse flyes (2nd day) 3x8
Curls 3x
Hammer curls 3x
Wrist roller 3x

Legs:
Squat 3x5
Deadlift 1x5
Leg press 3x10
Calf raises 3x10
Ab work

2 exercises for ab work (ab wheel, cable crunches, leg raises, planks) every other day
HIIT on bike after lifting session, everyday unless I go running

pics?

also do you find it hard doing both bench and oph on the same day or is it something that takes getting used to

jesus, hiit after your workout? doesnt this effect your gains negatively? why dont you do your cardio in the morning?

>90 kg on squat
>90 kg on DL
>75 kg on bench
>as a natty
>being ~12% bf
>in 5 months while lifting 7 days a week

I run a brosplit mon-thurs, might do cardio on friday, and full body on saturday. 3 months and I'm okay with the results for now. I want to push it out more and see where it takes me.

I see you in the other thread where you said 8 months of lifting.

>Is training 6 days a week as a natty retarded?

No.

Has any anons on Veeky Forums seen good results from doing so?

Yes. Pic related.

I basically just lift heavy ass compounds and medium weight 10-15 rep isolations after that.

Brosplit or PPL work fine.

Besides that it's really all about diet. I don't lift to get big, I personally like being lean/strong for my bw and I box so I basically perma IF and maintain my weight with a strict diet. When I stop boxing in ~4 months I might slowly gain another 10 lbs, though.

>I only work out 3 days a week and want to justify not doing more so here's my retarded reasoning

>OP asks about natty lifting

Are you even trying to be serious rn?

This tbqh fampai. You always gotta be careful about damaging your body, but working out hard for 6 days a week won't hurt you even after a decade+ of doing it.

Annnnnnd I fucked up my memetext. Fucking kill me. Ima go get some coffee before the gym.

What do i tell to haters who say i need to rest?

month 2 of lifting was meant for the stats

i started lifting at the beginning of march

i dont know what this post is supposed to suggest

looking great man

Use less weight, more volume on the second lift.
Alternate: bench first on monday, OHP first on thursday

5-10 minutes bike sprints isn't much, but if you do it everyday it adds up, I like that it's high intensity but low impact. Feels easier on the body than even 2 HIIT running session per week, since the effort is more spread out.
Two different types of training a day doesn't seem practical to me (two warm-ups, two showers, etc. waste of time).

I see you too didnt care about mounting second and third part of those shitty ikea mirrors

Worst shit i have seen in my life

what is perma IF? does the boxing really affect your gains a lot?

I really like the idea of PPL and the exercises look great and I've also read the >Reddit thread on the program so I might give it a try. I'm doing SS right now but I'm dying to work out for 2 more days atm.
There's only one thing I'm struggling with: for practical reasons I can only work out Monday - Friday. How bad would it be to cut out the second leg day and just roll with PPLPPxx? As in is 1 day of the week really too little to achieve any progression? I could always add a set of squats on Friday

That you have an issue with your body
It's called "I can still fit through doors"

Either skip the second leg day if you can live with it, or work in a squat in a push day and deadlift in a push day so you'd still do them twice a week, or you could also try PPLxPPx LPPxLPx PLPPLx.

What is a good five-day schedule? I'd go six times a week and do PPL or something, but I can't lift during the weekend because I'm away often. Currently doing a five-day split (chest/arms/back/shoulders/lower body) with extra squats, bench, and OHP worked in during the week.
I should mention that I'm an absolute beginner with my main lifts only just above 1 pl8.

Intermittent fasting. Basically skipping breakfast and having a normal sized lunch dinner. I only add a breakfast of cottage cheese and fruit, Greek yogurt with protein powder mixed in, or oats with medjool dates to my diet if I start losing weight for whatever reason. I back 1-2 lbs within a week that way.

Yes, boxing and fighting are some of the most intense bouts of physical exertion I've ever had in my life and I love doing it. It just feels really good to have practical strength desu, but lots of body builders don't bother. Personal preference at that point.

Thanks bro. We're all gonna make it.

lol yeah its not practical but youll get dem extra gainz

Thank you user. I'll stick to deadlifting on the pull days and add a squats to a push day so I hit them both twice.

you just add 2,5kg per week to the squat instead of 5kg, so if thats what you dont mind go for it

permanent intermittent fasting

Can either of you post the routine? I'd rather not have to go over there to find it if possible

How to perma fast? I actually have money now and its hard to not grab a bite to eat at least 3 times a day.

>doesnt this affect your gains negatively
This meme needs to stop. If anything, cardio increases testosterone secretion. Just eat a bit more to make up for burned calories if you're not trying to lose weight.

but you roid

Chest and forearms could use some attention, noice progress brah

Skip breakfast, eat normally for lunch and dinner.

Usually I make myself a kale and spinach salad with ahi poke totaling about ~$4-5 a meal and has tons of protein for lunch, and a meaty/vegetable/fruit dinner with some carbs like potatoes or rice if I'm maintaining, cut the carbs if I'm cutting, add breakfast if I'm slow bulking. Works well for me senpai because I have to watch my weight for welters, and cut down 4-5 lbs if I have a bout coming up.

If you think I roid you're just making excuses for why you haven't made it yet. Buy me an anabolic blood test from privatemdlabs.com and I'll take vid of me taking it and my test results if you don't believe me. Email me at my throwaway, [email protected] and I'll tell you which hospital to schedule it at, then laugh when you waste $300 proving I'm natty.

Chest definitely, I'm working on some volume training and considering swapping to brick's workout to blow that shit up. Forearms I feel are proportionate and shredded nuff for my body, but I'm hitting them 1-2 days a week with iso's and multiple times with compounds.

Does it help lose fat on a lean bulk? I would think not but I could be wrong

Was just the angle I guess. Mirin' mang, no homo

I've worked out I think 9 days in a row and took a rest day yesterday but only because I was rearranging my room all day and had no time for legs.

One of those days don't count because I only did ohp and lat raises

What are your stats?

lol calm the fuck down
i just thought i saw you post in /fraud/

is it possible to go training 7 days in a week for 2 hours?

I'm now at home with a knee injury but as soon as that's healed I want to get back into the health gain (since I'm fat now)

I was thinking half an hour of cardio, 1 hour of exercises and then another half hour of cardio to wind down

He hates mast. I think he got caught up in the people now

Thanks dood.

145 lb OHP
255 lb bench
225 lb squat
325 lb diddly
@145 lbs

>inb4 squat KEK

I'm an amateur boxer, not a body builder. Idgaf.

All good mang, I just don't like people dismissing me and attributing my body to roids when I've worked for it nearly all my conscious life through sports, diet, and lifting.

? masT is quite possibly my favorite trip, I even took my name after him. I don't hate him, I love his bantz. I literally mire him because he's everything body wise that I won't be. People who think I hate him don't understand our relationship desu.

As a natty, a 4 day upper/lower is most likely going to get the same results as a 6 day PPL right?

I can tell you right now poke is $6-$8 a lb here in the desert. I have loads of frozen beef patties and chicken but Im tired of eating that shit plain. Adding anything fugs up the cut. Do you take any caffeine? I dropped it altogether in may and wonder if it has anything to do with my appetite.

Lol.

Quarter lb of poke a day on salad makes a $5 lunch erry day and is absolutely amazing.

I cook my meat/chicken/fish in tons of different ways, but normally dry rubs or thin breading and egg that isn't insanely caloric.

Pan frying chicken in a bit of olive oil, cooking wine, and cracked pepper with a dash of Hawaiian sea salt is fugging amazing.

I posted recipes for seared steak before in fraud, and broiled salmon with a dash of garlic salt and lemon juice is amazing, too.

If you don't snack through the day, drink water, and skip breakfast you can afford to splurge a bit on lunch/dinner and still easily loose weight if you count calories. It's just hard at first staying at ONLY two meals and no snacks or drinks besides water.

And the only caffeine I have is a glass or two of coffee in the mornings. No caffeine pills or 5 hour energy or monster of any of that shit.

Volume and rest+nutrition matters

How many times you train a week is just a very easy, stupid proof, way to measure that.

i do upper/lower twice a week basically (candito 6 week for strength), and i think the answer depends on the rest of your duties during the day. If you're very busy, like you're a full time student or worker, then 6 days a aweek may be too much.. i mean i'm in the gym 2-2:30 hrs each session, so i get pretty tired. also i hate being in the gym every day, i need different stimuli in my life, it can't be only duty all the time. i enjoy lifting but it's an undeniable stressor.. I've been lifting 3 years and i'm not genetically gifted, and i think 4-5 times a week is optimal for a natty (assuming around 2hrs sessions each time)

also, this

atlethics don't train 6 days a week desu, unlike gym you can't recover fast enough

This is exactly why brosplit is the best for advanced natties, and why I've done it for years and masT did it for about half as long as me before roiding. You can exercise 2 hours a day, get day 3 DOMs, and repeat it again all over working your entire body constantly as hard as you can and going again as soon as you're recovered.

Littealy masT, who was the arguably most developed and aesthetic natty on this board did brosplit before roiding and people still think it's a meme.

I don't understand you anons sometimes.

Is pic related any good? Using linear progression on the big compounds, running it PPL/X/PPL

kinda messy, just make a day schedule, having like chest/tricep on 2 days (like monday and thursday) a week and such, and start building a program after that.

When i was younger i used to go six times a week but i could throw the weights around and have recovered by the next day now I'm in my 30s and it takes a bit longer for my body to recover from a workout.
Going to the gym is a hobby like any other and if your body can handle going six days then great but remember that you don't grow in the gym that happens while you are resting.

Hey whats ur routine mate

Your routine looks scarily close to mine user. Was doing a 3 day PPL but about switch to 5 day (1 leg day as running a lot) and mix up the 2nd PP days exactly how you mentioned.

Push Day
Flat Bench Press 3x5
Seated DB OHP 3x12
Skullcrushers 3x12
Incline DB Bench Press 3x12
Bench DB Flies 3x8
Standing Barbell OHP 3x8
Linear One Arm Jammer 3x8 each arm

Pull Day
Chins/Pulls xF
Pendelay Row 3x6
Seated Hammercurls 3x12
Seated Lat Pulldown 3x5
Barbell Shrugs 3x12
Wide-Grip Barbell Curls 3x6
Alternating Deltoid Raise 3x10
Seated T-Bar Cable Rows 3x10

Legs & Lower Core
High-Bar Squat 3x6
Hyperextensions 3x12
Leg Press 3x10
Smith Calf Raises 3x12
Deadlift 1x8
Alternating Hip/Leg Lifts 3x14
Bulgarian Split Squats 3x10
or DB Weighted Lunges 3x10

Pic related, day 5 start over, rest day only on Sunday for me but you could do all 7 days a week like this.

Listen. Losing fat is just eating at a caloric deficit. You can sit on your ass all day and still lose weight, you just need to eat below your TDEE.

>But what if i do cardio

Hey great, that will burn more calories, which, if you maintained the amount of calories you were eating at a deficit while you did zero exercise would put you at a greater deficit.

Example: You do zero exercise so your TDEE could be, lets say 1,500cal. A good caloric deficit is 300-500 calories. So, being the responsible individual that you are, you would eat 1000 calories everyday to lose 1-2lbs every week.

>But muh cardio

Now you add in cardio, and you're TDEE is higher depending on the intensity and length, emphasis on intensity and length. Instead of 1500, its now maybe 1700, putting you at a greater deficit which isn't bad. This is where the meme that cardio kills gains comes in.
>Spoiler: It doesn't.

Reasoning: You need to take into account the amount of calories you expend when you do cardio. This means tracking your weight weekly and adjusting those values properly. If you lift and do cardio and are losing weight that means you are at a caloric deficit. Meaning you need to add ~300 calories and see if that's enough to gain 1-1.5lb in a week. It's not? Add more. There you go. Thats why its a meme. People don't eat enough when they do cardio in addition to their lifting. Cardio provides immense cardiovascular gains which will allow you to be less out of breath when your performing your lifts, making everything much easier.

Recap: Calculate your TDEE. Add or subtract 300-500 calories depending if you want to add mass or lose fat. Weigh yourself weekly and adjust your calories accordingly. Do cardio after lifting to prevent injuries due to exhaustion.

I don't get what you're saying.. You think upper lower (4-5 times a week) is better than push pull legs (6 times a week)?

No, I think working out 6 days a week at the same intensity instead of less than 6 days will give you better gains.

I think brosplit is better than both of those routines, but PPL is a good routine.

Yeah but you never end up doing all muscle groups twice a week. Also, isn't it difficult to get stronger your way? You probably get better mass gains but strength requires more frequency

A guy I know whose natty and competes in cbb trains 11 times a week (twice a day mon-fri, once on sat and none on sund)

hes big af

>hes big af

not natty

>@145 lbs

are you like 5 ft

where are your balls lmao

Hey guys, does this routine look any good?

Monday: Power Upper Day

Bent over rows: 4x5-8
Rack Chins: 2x8
Wide grip pull-ups: 3x6
Flat dumbbell bench press: 3x5-8
Dips: 3x10
Seated dumbbell shoulder press: 4x8
Arnold press: 3x8
Dumbbell alternating curls: 5x5
Flat bench skull-crushers: 3x10

Tuesday: Legs

Squat 5x5
Hack squat: 3x8
Leg extension: 3x15
Stiff legged deadlift: 3x12
Face down hamstring curls: 3x12
Seated calf raise: 3x15

Wednesday: Shoulders

Seated dumbbell shoulder press: 3x12
Arnold press: 3x12
Lateral raises: 3x20
Cambered bar front delt raise: 3x12
Cable delt pull: 3x12
Face pull 3x12
Seated rear dumbbell delt raise 3x12

Thursday: Back

Bent over rows: 4x12
Rack chins: 3x12
Seated close-grip rows: 3x12
Wide-grip lat pull-downs: 3x12
Horizontal dumbbell lat raise: 3x12
Cable lat pushdown: 3x12
Deadlifts: 3x12
Friday: Chest

Flat barbell bench press: 3x12 (low weight)
Incline dumbbell bench press: 3x12
Incline dumbbell flyes: 4x12
Chest press machine: 3x15
Cable flyes: 3x20

Saturday: Biceps and Triceps
(4x10 each exercise, bicep superset with tricep)

1:
Normal curls standing
Tricep overhead dumbell sitting
2:
Hammer curl no thumbs
Bent over tricep dumbell kickback
3:
One arm dumbell preacher curl
Classic rope pulldown
4:
Barbell curl
Overhead tricep cable pulls
5:
Preacher curl
Flat scullcrusher
6:
Seated curls
One armed cable tricep extension

Its kind of retarded b/c if you're invested enough in the way your body looks to unironically go to the gym 6 days a weak you might as well just get on gear.

>tfw made nice gains on just ss + 3 acessories or so

welp, PPL seems fun but not good for a natty

Not if you want to live a healthy life past 50 or dodge every normies question about your physique
Besides the neets here wont even know the difference between sitting their ass at home for 3-4 hours less a week and their usual lives

I do this PPL routine 7 days a week and only rest when I know that my gym day will be absolute shit if I don't. 60-90 min. a day.

PUSH:
Bench
Incline
Dumbbell Shoulder Press
Ropes for Triceps

PULL:
Deadlift
Bent-Over Rows
Dumbbell Shrugs
Dumbbells for Biceps

LEGS:
Squats
Leg Press

What really scares me of 6 days a week routines is not even the amount of stress.. It's the fact that you have to go to the same place every day of the week, life becomes monotonous. I mean I go 4 days but I always reserve some time for social activities and my nerd hobbies (I go play mtg In a local game store). There was a time (first 1 1/2 years of lifting) which I wanted to go everyday and literally only lifted and cared about Uni.. I still want to lift and get proper nutrition and rest, but if all one does is lifting, he becomes one-dimensional self obsessed faggot that none can stand. Mental life exists only in relationships with others..

Plus another flaw in all PPL routines I know is they don't have a clear scheme of progression or any kid of periodization in it. I mean it's ok if you're a casual, but most successful routines have a previously set weight for the day, and not a generic "add 2 kg when you can". As rippetoe said in practical programming, success requires planning.

thx for tuning in, your post made me chuckle a bit