Whats wrong with people who powerlift and focus on strength gains then are suprised when they look like pic related...

Whats wrong with people who powerlift and focus on strength gains then are suprised when they look like pic related? The name of the game is muscle HYPERTROPHY.. unless you walk around wearing a shirt that says how much you DL or squat youre the same as a dyel/fatass. Youre welcome for the wake up call.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=boLl8rGhJvE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Relative strength is the patrician's choice. What are doing with that soft and puffy muscle that entails little to no power? Every gram of muscle you build should serve a purpose, otherwise the additional weight is just hindering your pull-ups etc. The new muscle mass you build should be lean and stony, containing as much brawn as possible.

This, powerlifting is just a wanking competition for fatasses who failed their cuts

Big muscles are strong muscles retard. Bbers have more functional strength because they do more exercises and rom

>every gram of muscle you build should serve a purpose

>shows dedication and hard work
>is attractive
>is healthy
>increases strength

yeah hypertrophy lifting serves no purpose

Retard

Sure, if I gained 20 kilos of weight, I could most likely deadlift, squat and bench more. I couldn't do as many pull-ups, though, and my relative strength would most likely go down. Are you really claiming that bodybuilders are the strongest individuals there are? Whether we are talking about absolute or relative strength, they are not on the top in either of these categories. Why would they be, since their object is to be as big as possible, not as strong as possible?

I'm not saying hypertrophy lifting serves no purpose. All I'm saying is that my training philosophy is packing as much power as densely as possible. That doesn't mean I look like a dyel, or that I don't find a beefy physique cool.

Thank you for your contribution to the discussion.

Hate this autistic viewpoint. I lift for strength, but it's because I like seeing the numbers go up, and I already have a pretty wife sp I don't need to impress anybody. It's fun, and improves health. If I were still on the prowl, I'd lift for hypertrophy, no question.

People like you who think they're somehow morally superior for lifting for strength are just compensating for an inferiority complex. You realize youll never be the biggest or even close since most people lift for hypertrophy so you make up for it by lifting for strength to gain some moral high ground as of anyone gives a fuck.

>inb4 projecting
Yeah probably

If that guy cut, he would look pretty aesthetic

I'm genuinely surprised how triggered people got for a stranger on a Sudanese cartoon forum having a different training goal than them. I haven't said anything about any moral high ground.

everyone who does SS or powerlifts says this bullshit yet I have never seen it actually happen

Funny how you talk about pullups when most powerlifters can't do a single one

>All I'm saying is that my training philosophy is packing as much power as densely as possible.
you're a faggot

retard

I'm not a powerlifter per se. At the moment I can do about 25, or at least 4 reps with 25 additional kilos. Besides, what you say is not true. Look at this, for example: youtube.com/watch?v=boLl8rGhJvE I know he's kipping, but that's pretty impressive for a guy his size. You'd have to be a quite shitty powerlifter and/or inhumanely huge in order to not be able to do a single pullup.

You are right in the sense that I rarely see powerlifters, or bodybuilders for that matter, doing pullups. It's even rarer for someone to do weighted pullups.

Okay.

Because they care more about being good at something than walking around flexing for girls.

If the guy in OP's pic went into a cut in the off season and continued to lift he would look fucking jacked by the time he was done. Anyone who knows anything about anything can see that he's built like a brick shit house.

Check out this pic of Dave Gulledge who cut down after an injury. Yeah man he looks so fucking DYEL, so skinny fat.

>roids

What's your point? You ain't gonna get jacked without them mate.

In fact if you're not taking them you're going to see more visual progress lifting heavy in a powerlifting program than you are doing bbing isolations.

Strength = big thick muscles

If you wanna get big, get strong.

You do realize the the guy in that picture outright fucking stated that he fucking trained like a bodybuilder for a long ass while after he got injured right?

That the only people who believe the outright bullshit you're fucktarding on about are american powerlifters who are considered the least aesthetic of all lifters and outside of a few genetic anomalies have never placed on the world stage when it came to strength training.

Face it faggot. You're living in a fantasy world.

You think the guy in OP is all fat? You think he's pulling that amount of weight and is dyel in appearance? He's fucking huge. If he dropped the fat he'd be jacked. End of.

It's not up for debate it's blatantly obvious.

He would also have loose skin fuck dat

Depends how long he took to cut. His BMI would say he's obese or worse but most of that is lean muscle.

See all a powerlifter like that has to do is diet down or keep a balanced caloric in take while training to look ripped.
What does your average ripped looked bber have to do to put up insane numbers like that?

Ones an easy matter of time and caloric restriction.
The other is a matter of years of grueling programming and struggle.

I know which one is worth more to me.

Look, stupid.

Lifting fucking anything while on gear = big thick muscles.

The type of lifting lifestyle you're fucking advocating DEPENDS on heavy gear abuse.

Naturals who are not on any drugs beyond caffeine can't workout like the asshole in the OP, like any of these people you are talking about.

We have real solid fucking recovery issues we have to deal with.

Lifting for strength like those guys do as a natural = a mile wide wall we can not go through called injuries. Many people try to ego lift past it and end up getting completely fucked by it.

There's a reason ALL major lifters of the past who weren't genetically elite make heavy as fuck lifting a smaller but constant part of their lives and saw heavy lifting as a smaller daily practice and rarely ever made a full day of it.
They lifted with an eye on better form and working every muscle and the entire body.
Greater health and overall strength.
They never worked as hard as these guys do but have better results when it came to health and had fantastic strength gains.

Partially because they couldn't.
Because they honestly had too listen to their bodies or they're bodies would have completely broken down and their lives would have suffered overall.

The average power lifter can be outlifted by sheer volume by an average actual bodybuilder(not the impotent aesthetics queens real bodybuilders)

You don't have to go as hard as a powerlifter on gear to get big and strong. Many people train naturally and get relatively very big and very strong without significant injury.

If you're a natty you're better doing regular heavy compound work with volume if you want strength and/or size.
Isolations and bbing isn't worth dick to anyone not on gear.

Besides the difference is so fucking negligible. If looking good and flexing for chicks is all you care about you can get big enough in a year doing nothing but fucking bench and pullups.

Routines and programming are redundant unless you want to compete in either side of it.

The thread was started implying that people who focus on strength gains end up looking like shit. That is total bullshit.

>kipping
>impressive

Pick one

But what if I don't care about looking aesthetic? I really don't care what other people think of me. Either way, power lifters don't look dyel. They look strong, not buff, not ripped, strong.

I'd like to see you do 55 pullups even with kipping. Besides, the man weighs 122 kilos.

Not triggered, you're just an autist, that's all I'm trying to say

jokes on you, i'm 18% bodyfat and i can crank weighted pull ups with 85lb

in fact bulking and getting mass improved my pull ups centfold compared to just cutting weight

Why is valuing (relative) strength over sheer muscle mass autistic?

Look at any competitive powerlifting who isn't in the super heavy weight class and most of them are pretty lean and good looking

He wouldn't look like a bodybuilder. He'd look like a guy who lifts heavy shit and didn't give a fuck what he looked like underneath.
You're being disengenuous right now.

>If you're a natty you're better doing regular heavy compound work with volume if you want strength and/or size.
>Isolations and bbing isn't worth dick to anyone not on gear.

Yeah you are fucking retarded.
A natural person well out of beginner babby gains and well beyond intermediate is not going to be doing dedicated compound only pure strength training unless they do FUCK ALL else period and are littearlly IMMUNE to fucking injury and have no downtime what so ever.

No one fucking does that.