Can only bench 85 lbs

>Can only bench 85 lbs

Is this the end for me?

Nope. Work on it and keep getting stronger. You haven't failed until you've given up.

lovely digits.

And no, just lift and make sure you eat eat eat. And if you're fat, then its only a matter of time, your bench will increase.

No, I started benching a laughable 30 lbs and 8 months later I can do lmao1pl8 x3. Just keep bumping the weight up gradually and force your body to adjust.

sorry man but genetically you sound like you aren't built for this. definitely keep at it but don't expect to get much stronger than the average lifter.

No, quite the contrary. It is just the beginning.

>30

Even girls can start at the bar

That's total bullshit. You don't know shit about OP or his genetic potential. You don't know his training routine, caloric intake, etc.

Stop throwing genetic bullshit at everything. He may not be Arnold but that doesn't mean he can't get somewhere.

Dubs of truth in this thread.

>This is what I looked like when I started, legitimate skeleton...this pic was taken on a pump.

sorry if this is really stupid question but what do people mean by this? is that the heaviest he can lift for just 1 rep, or is that the best he can do for sets?

>85 lbs
I ohp this shit

jesus christ, bulk some shit.

kek

im on the same plate OP, i'll try to set a new PR tomorrow, wish me luck, going for 50 kg, thats 110 lbs for you amerifags

>8 months
>lmao1plate

Very impressive, what's your routine???

When i started out 2 months ago i could only bench 77lbs, now i do 1pl8 for reps, you can do it user

Slow down there, killer.

it's good you improved but damn the only person I remember in high school who didn't start the bar was 4 feet.

start the bar? what do you mean user, bar is like 44 - 45 lbs aka 20 kg right?

I think your form was bad. If you can do 1 pushup, you can do the bar at least 3 times unless you couldnt do a pushup...

yeah

I did. Put on about 25 pounds in the last 8 months, now cutting to lose the fat around the middle.

I started off just doing 5x5 on the bench and bumping the weight up by 5-10 lbs every 2 weeks or so.
Currently I'm doing
>Bench press
Reverse pyramid (6 / 8 / 10 / 12)
I also do a set of heavy weight I can only do for a few reps before starting just to push my body to adjust to heavier weight.
>One hand pec flyes
4 x 12, the last set is a drop set
I like doing these one handed because I can get a much better range of motion and a better squeeze. The pump I get after doing these is great.
>DB bench press
2x10 with a standard grip, 2x10 with neutral grip
>Cable crossover flyes
Reverse pyramid, 6 / 8 / 10 / 12

I'm not too far off, 5'7" manlet status
I'd never touched weights in my life until I was about 22, sat on my ass on the computer since I was a teenager and barely ate anything. Diet pretty much consisted of soda, chips and frozen pizza.

Probably. I was working out of my garage with a cheap bench/barbell set and only had a slight idea what I was doing. At that point I can't recall if I'd ever done a pushup but I can definitely do a few dozen of them now.

that's what i said

he ain't arnold. in fact, he's below average. fact is, you will cap out before you can throw impressive numbers around if you start as low as that - people who can achieve good levels of strength do not ever get that weak.

however i'm not shitting on him. best thing you can do to a man is tell him a truth he may not want to hear. i'm saying to the OP that he should try and improve as much as possible, but not to get confused and frustrated if he finds he sticks at 240 and can;t move beyond it.

Who /hubris/ here?

>lifting partner can't go because of midterm
>didn't need help on bench press last 3 times, so figure I'll be fine by myself (gym doesn't have rails on power rack)
>load up 90 lbs
>2nd set 3rd rep, completely fail, stuck under bar, thinking whether i should wait it out or just roll it down
>indian bro comes over and reracks bar with one hand
>t-thanks
>get embarrased, deload to 65 lbs and do 3 more sets

To top it off I failed every set of barbell row at 85 lbs even though I did 80 lbs last week perfectly