>everything is subjective and we should respect all other opinions

Why do people still believe this meme and what is a good way to counter it

Other urls found in this thread:

gotquestions.org/God-allow-evil.html
gotquestions.org/God-allow-Holocaust.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Aren't frogposters the ones claiming everything's subjective because the facts show that they destroyed this website?

Think of it like this.

You and I want to drink water. This is universal to human experience.

We both invent a cup for water drinking that are different.

While there is no sky daddy or galactic court to tell us which one is the best or right, we can find a universally agreeable way to measure the cups water-drinking ability based on our common humanity.

From that we can conclude which one of the cups is better suited for the job.

If someone disagrees with the purpose of a cup, he's probably mentally ill.

Dubs if everything is relative.

ITT: i haven't read any of the landmarks in the evolution of philosophical thought
Work your way up to Descartes and Hume and then try Wittgenstein

Well uh, thanks for your retarded answers. Sure did contribute.

Well what if you're told "well we gotta respect that other persons opinion b/c that's how they were raised".

Also, on an unrelated note, why don't you believe in God?

>Well what if you're told "well we gotta respect that other persons opinion b/c that's how they were raised".
I don't care

>Also, on an unrelated note, why don't you believe in God?
While I don't believe in many of the mythologies surrounding it nor in a phyiscal God, I believe there is profound wisdom in Christianity about humanity and our psychology that is still very relevant today - and I don't mean it in a cheap "Jesus tells us to be nice so being religious is nice" way. I sometimes feel more Christian than actual self-proclaimed Christians.

Interesting. I myself am a Catholic, but your point interests me. Could you elaborate a bit more on it? In what ways does Christianity seem deep to you and how does it comment on humanity?

No one believes that

Retarded frogposter.

Or he has a better idea you both fail to understand. What you described is how racism comes into being ffs

>why don't you believe in God?
I have a hard time believing that an inherently good and caring god would remain silent in the face of man's truly breathtaking cruelty to his fellow man. When I was younger I visited a number of Holocaust sites in eastern Europe and viewing the true horror of that incident really changed my view of God. If there is a god clearly he does not care enough about humans to intervene on their behalf, so then what is the point of organized religion? The more I thought about it the less meaning i saw in worship of a diety that even if he exists is effectively irrelevant to my life anyway. I'm not going to tell others they're foolish for worshipping, but frankly I have my doubts that he exists. I just try to be a good person and help others for it's own sake

>he says this while racism is literally entirely related towards exposure to other races, easily correlated by looking at any map of exposure to black/Hispanic communities and the average "racism" as polled by the state

[thinking]

Well, the Bible does state that man has free will, and that bad things can and will happen to even good men.

Don't take my words as gospel though. I too have doubts, though they've been clearing slowly.

I like this site's answers. Tell me what you think.

gotquestions.org/God-allow-evil.html

Same guy here. Take a look at this one too
gotquestions.org/God-allow-Holocaust.html

Or in simpler terms: The hatred of one group towards another reasoned through a feeling of superiority.

I dunno man, Jamal breaking into my house at fifteen was pretty bad, as was being jeered at by literal porch monkeys while working in the ghetto.

I wasn't racist before I had to deal with
>14% of the population commiting 50%+ of violent crimes

Perhaps if we fixed Black culture we'd see better outcomes.

The Asians and Indians are fine. Indian cultural autism as represented by your average H1B/R visa worker coming in for Notary is mildly annoying but tolerable.

Wtf? Dude, if wanna talk about that then I just got the right place for you . I was more arguing about your bullshit point you made in the first place

O Pompeie! If you can hear me, do you have a good roast for that cheap baiter?

"Feelings of superiority" and "reasoned" implies that there isn't a statistical reason for this assumption of superiority - there is a very rational reason for this.

Try a public bus in Newark NJ, specifically the 76 to Hackensack.

You'll see the true meaning of "cultural cross-section" there.

Don't you have a Parthian campaign to be failing at?

That phrase is actually pretty accurate.
Not for science, because we try our best to not let it interfere, but any opinion a person have on anything cosmological or spiritual (in any way) reflects their personal stage at growth and maturity. That's why it should be respected.

ask them about their opinion on Trump supporters

Parthian arrows pirece harder than your words!

Nah. Usually you kill the guy who made the other cups. Then your cup is better by default.

Basically when someone starts spouting shit on atopic you know about ask them where they developed there opinions and if it doesnt involve research and reading berate them for being gullible and uneducated

This has nothing to do with politics, it's more involved with philosophy.

>If there is a god clearly he does not care enough about humans to intervene on their behalf

statements like this cause my cancer to act up

Everything is subjective, but I don't believe we should respect each other's values.
The lion eats meat; the sheep says "stop, and think about the animal"; the lion says "I do, every time".
The lion doesn't starve himself for the sake of others who aren't lions; he has his own view, and doesn't care about others.

Point is, I'm not a very altruistic person. I cognitively understand that everyone's views is subjective and relative, but I emotionally don't give a shit that there's kids in Africa starving to death. I don't see a name or a face; they're just another number, and I could care less. There's hypothetically billions of alien civilizations out there with starvation and torture going on, and we couldnt care less. That's how I feel about people I don't know and don't care about.
Yes, morals are relative, but nobody else's morals but my own are correct.