So I'm gonna get surgery to remove my pilonidal cyst in a few months. I've seen threads about this before...

So I'm gonna get surgery to remove my pilonidal cyst in a few months. I've seen threads about this before, so for the anons who know about or have had this surgery, please let me know what I'm in for. Thinking about this makes me really depressed.

Wtf, I recently developed what I thought was an unusually hard pimple on my left butt cheek.

Fuuuuuuuuuck

It was super easy and I have had no problems since. 10/10 experience. That was for the last surgery though. The first three times I had it removed outpatient, which didn't go deep enough. Had to be put under and they really went at it. As long as they get it all, it's not a big deal

How long were you out from training? My biggest fear is losing my gains because working out is all I have at this point.

i dunno how you would go about this but make sure they know where it is exactly

i had mine done and they made the incision virticle instead of horizontal and the top of my buttcrack is not exactly right. its not that big of a deal really but its relatively noticeable if im naked

I got a giant one removed when I was 15 (the size of a tennis ball, no kidding). I just ignored it until it got very very bad.

The epidural anesthesia doesn't hurt, it just stings a little. Try to relax when they do it.

When the anesthesia goes away you'll feel some pain for sure. Also, remember to pee after the epidural, you won't know when you are peeing yourself for a few hours.

The recovery is slow as fuck, but it shouldn't give any problems assuming proper hygiene.

As for the gains. I'd say you need to take 2 weeks off, then continue with exercises that don't put pressure on the lower back.

Tfw autistically feeling my own ass for hard lumps now

THANKS OP

Honestly, you're welcome. I wish this upon only my worst enemy.

Brother had this done at 27. Six months later he was still not fully recovered and had to go back for second surgery. It's three months on from that one and he's still not recovered properly. However he is shitty at self care so maybe you will do better.

I have this on my left cheek is it bad? I just feels like a big pimple on the skin

Had one done a few years back

Needed a nurse to come daily for months. Didnt lift for about 6 months after, ended up havjng a few courses of antibiotics of varying strength, but i think mine went worse than a lot of others

This fucking thing ruined my teenage life, Jesus Christ. I wish it had a body so I could punch it in its stupid face.

The surgery is fine, takes a week or so for basic recovery, but do what you're told for a month or so to make sure that it fucks off forever and you should be good. I have a bunch of scars but I don't give a shit because I don't have pus shooting out of my butt 24/7 anymore.

I had one surgery when I was a teenager and another when I was 24. First one healed in two months, daily dressings from a nurse. Second surgery took a much larger chunk and i had complications (post-surgery bleeding) so had to be re-sutured. Took six months of dressings to heal. Second one apparently was about 12cm deep and at the opening about the size of a golf ball. My bum crack looks and feels a bit weird now, but not a homo so doesn't affect me.

Went to the doc to drain it for the first time a couple of weeks ago, but it's filling up again.
Should I get it removed with surgery?

The changing of the dressing sucks, but it is not anything to get upset over.

>Shave my ass, no homo
>pimple shows up next week
>ingrown hair gone wrong, it's pretty large
>squeeze it until it pops
>it comes back after a week
>shit nigga, squeeze it out again
>still inflamed after a few more days
>get worried it's a pilonidal cyst
>Squeeze it extra hard, grab tweezers and pull the hair out
>Didn't come back
Wew lad

This surgery ruined my life. No joke.
Did it 3 years ago and the scar still hasn't healed properly
>wound closes entirely
>back to the gym 2 months after
>wound reopens
>have to change dressing every other day
>had to drop dream of military career after

It can be a fucking nightmare depending on how you do it. I wouldn't remove anything, just have your doctor make and incision and drain it. Heals in weeks supposedly.

>grab tweezers and pull the hair out
How can you grab a hair with tweezers when you can't even see it? That's some sensei shit right there user

I got one of these cut out of my ass at 19 after it got very badly infected. They told me they cut a 2" hole about 2.5" deep, and it took about two hours to get it all (they put me under). I swear I got fucking PTSD from the staph infection that manifested two weeks later. That was worse than the cyst getting infected and so far the most painful experience of my life. Cue six months of nurses replacing gauze in a gaping hole in my ass (goodbye biking and power bottoming). That was 5 years ago and I still freak out if I get touched anywhere near the wound site or catch myself sitting in a way that puts pressure on it.

Oh, and thanks to that staph infection I haven't taken a solid shit in 5 years. So that's cool too!

Holy shit according to these replies you're fucked OP. Godspeed

We have a 6th sense for shitposting user, even within our own bodies

Didnt realize how common this was.

I had this surgery 18 months ago and as you can see the scar is healing nicely

Don't be depressed at all user, getting it removed was great and it didn't really hurt afterwards and it's so much better to not have a lump the size of a golf ball between my cheeks

>Inb4 ban

b-bump, literally lads.

bump

I have a pilondial cyst.

Luckily, it doesn't hurt, but I wish I didn't have it.

Holy fuck how many of you niggers got this shit, what the fuck is it and how can I prevent it?

If you have a hairy ass it increases your chances.

If you sit a lot that, also, increases the chances -- used to be called Jeep Butt, or something, due to soldiers in WWII getting it so often from riding in jeeps so long.

Well that's just nice I have a sasquatch ass and sit down almost all day

It's not guaranteed, but keep your ass clean and maybe even get your crack lasered -- it comes from ingrown hairs bundling and shieeettt.

OP which kind of operation are you getting and where is your cyst located? I have had the surgery done and am also a nurse, got any questions?
I was out of training for months, i also had the big operation, the so called cleft-lift. My ass crack was a bit off for a couple of months, but it returned to normal quickly. The wound/scar was 9 cm long. I got a nasty infection after and it took 2 months for my scar to fully heal, 1 cm would constantly stay open for those 2 months.
I had to wear menstrual pads, switching them out twice a day because of all the pus from the infection.
Zinc salve helped the wound finally close
DO NOT SQUAT till atleast 3-4 months after. I got told by my doctor when i closed that i could squat again, my scar almost bursted open and it swell up to 4x the size.
You should never sit down for the first week or two, always lay on your stomach and side. Sitting on your ass forces a lot of pressure on the scar, and forces the blood away from the area (think oxygen and nutrition that the wound/scar needs to heal is carried in your blood).

This shit is horrifying

I have a sinus, but no cyst

Just ignoring it atm lel

A sinus? do you mean a lump?
Go to the fucking doctor, it can be stopped from evolving into a pilonidal cyst with antibiotics. It could grow into your fucking anus and make you lose control of your sphincter causing you to shit liquid for the rest of your life, unless you choose to get a colostomy.