How to get ahead

what literature should I read if I want long-term investment for the money I've saved up after 7 years of wagecuckery?

I've squandered my potential and now I need a safety net for later in life. I don't want a pump & dump crypto scheme but that seems to be the only thing anyone talks about anymore

I've got about $20k to invest. right now it's just sitting in the bank rotting away to inflation

Your on the wrong board my dude.
I fucking hate what this boards become.

Tbh though id just go for Utilities stock with that money.

thanks for the reply, I came here a couple years ago and it was honestly like a different board

I'm thinking I'll do that, play it safe with the majority of it then maybe keep 2 gs for a roll of the dice

>I dont want a crypto pump and dumb scheme
>Im gonna waste 2 grand on dice
just buy bitcoin and forget about it for a couple years

yeah this board is completely different from what it used to be.

Its literally 90% shills and cons preying on poor fools with expendable income. I hardly ever come here anymore, used to be a regular.

But id say you've got the right idea. invest the vast majority in sonething solid, meme around with the rest. I would definately be careful though with all these shitcoins. Crypto as a whole is a massive elaborate pump and dump scheme. Goodluck trying to buy something as simple as a coffee with fucking "chadcoin" or whatever the kids call it nowadays.

No, don't listen to that faggot. Lurk here for a few weeks at least and consider getting into crypto but actually research the coins first before you invest. You'll learn how to spot PNDs and coins with actual potential. Google is a great resource as well for anything crypto or business related. Not gonna spoonfeed you... but if you start lurking and start Googling whenever you have a question, you will get on the right track.

normal answer is >buy VOO

but macro US financial indicators point to a recession in the next 18 months. So, they tell you not to time the market, but I'd have a hard time butting all of that 20k in any one thing all at once.

If anything, make sure to diversify and scale into everything over time. I would open a vangaurd account or something that lets you do that with no transaction fees. An IRA or something. Maybe pick up some BTC if you're on that train. 5% in bonds. 5% international 5% XYZ sector, that kind of thing. Keep in mind, doing this will get you very low returns in exchange for a low beta portfolio.

This board was made for crypto

No don't listen to this faggot.
Stop trying to recoup your losses by sucking other people into the crypt(o).
The entire crypto market is a hyperinflated crock of shit that has absolute no value at all whatsoever other than what we put on it. It is the very essence of an unbacked fiat currency; it doesnt represent ANYTHING, and can't be used for ANYTHING. As a matter of fact, one would be hard pressed to actually call any crypto a currency. Its not. The entire crypto scene is a massive pump and dump scheme that makes money off the backs of the people it rips off, amd will oneday crash and burn. The people behind the crypto scene are Bernie Madoff in steroids x1000. Truly the biggest scam of the century, yet the law and the establishment havent wised up to it.
Yeah sure, you might hop in on the right shitcoin at the right time and make some money, but its unlikely, especially if you stay in it.
Walk into any financial institition or business and try to deal with them in dogecoin. You'll get laughed the fuck out of there.
Anybody who puts their hard earned money into something that DOESNT FUCKING EXIST is a fool and quite frankly, probably deserves to lose it.

Im currently reading Principles by Ray Dalio. It's boring af but very practical qnd straight forward.

Try Millionaire Fastlane by MJ DeMarco. You'll thank me later

Nice FUD.
I'm up over 5x from inital investments, so I don't have any losses to recoup. Just looking for new investment opportunities.

>something that DOESN'T FUCKING EXIST
It exists, faggot. Welcome to the digital age.

And of couse adoption is low still. It's a fucking emerging market.

>All discussion should pertain to business, finance, and economics related topics. This includes financial markets, securities, currencies (including cryptocurrencies), and commodities—as well as topics relating to starting and running a business.

No. This board was made for business.
Along the way some poor sap decided to let the cryptofags have their own thread or two, and like the virus cryptofags are, they managed to infect the entire board.

This board was in fact created to get crypto threads off of /g/.

salty boomer detected

>something that doesn't exist
kek

Enjoy your 5% gains at best, stockie.

>DOESNT FUCKING EXIST
As opposed to the alleged value of your FIAT toilet paper that MrGoldstein can wipe the moment he feels like it?

Name one thing you can buy with ARK.
Name one thing you can buy with ETH.
Name one thing you can buy with OHNI.
I can go on. Its not an emerging market. Its an emerging con.

Welcome to the digital age.

As the golden age of grifters and pyramid schemes comes to an end, a new scam emergies from behind the screen. Literally. But now, instead of a fine line between the perpatrator and the victim, its a blur. There is no one to blame but ourselves. We are complicit in our own exploitation. Our entire economic system is based off this.

Its not rape if she says "fuck my ass".
Its not theft if we say "take our money".
Right?

Go with a standard s&p 500 index from vanguard like everyone else, if you want more risk put some into bitcoin, ignore every other shitcoin though

>Name one thing you can buy with ARK.
USD.
>Name one thing you can buy with ETH.
USD.
>Name one thing you can buy with OHNI.
USD.

>5% at best
My best was actchually +50% last year, thank you very much.
Im content with my comfy 14-23% per year though. git gud pucci boi.
Also at least my FIAT TP issued by Goldstein can get me bitches.
You cant even get a call girl with cryptos. and cryptos are known for their illicit underground dealings.

Not that I would do any of those degenerate things though. Not on my good Christian /biz

Smartass. See this is what I mean.
Name something other than other cryptos and Goldsteinbux that I can buy.

>+50% in a year

Pffft

>Also at least my FIAT TP issued by Goldstein can get me bitches.

I see you are too stupid to understand economics, do stick to your safe stocks please.

Why? You can buy Goldsteinbux with crypto and then with Goldsteinbux you can buy what you need. Where's the issue?

First few books I read were The Intelligent Investor and Security Analysis, both by (((Benjamin Graham))). Common Sense on Mutual Funds by John C. Bogle is a good start too.

When goldsteinbux crash, they generally loose buying power.
When shitcoins crash, they dont loose buying power, because they didnt have any in the first place.
Im looking at the bigger picture. With the exception of btc, every other one of these cryptos are completely fluid and useless. Like I said, you might make some money now, but in the long run this shit will not survive.
Bitcoin itself was a demonstration of how arbitrary our currency system is. And now people are treating crypto like a legitimate investment.

I gotcha buddy. Just read Jack Bogle's stuff. If you wanna diversify into the stock market safely do this boring thing. buy 3 ETFs. one Total Stock Market, one International Market, one Bond ETF.

Stick with Vanguard since its the company the INVENTOR of the index fund created. He is retired basically. but he's still alive.

>inb4 "huh huh mah 6%. dinofag." VOO +100% last 5yrs. +22% this year.

passive investing this way is stress free. without constantly having to stay glued to your screen. If the market crashes, buy that dip.

>Utilities stock
HOLY hit. Didn't know boomers were on this board. Hello, Dad!

This. That book is an eye opener. I highly recommend the audiobook, the author narrates it.

I referred to fastlane millionaire

Name one thing you can buy with your Vanguard ETF. Name one thing you can buy with your Futures options. name one thing you can buy with your treasury bonds.

That's right, you can spend them only on USD. At least with cryptos you can trade into any foreign currency, buy drugs, fake IDs, let alone legit electronics from sites like Newegg and soon all of Amazon.com