Just deadlifted a new PR, but I feel like my grip strength is holding me back, pic related...

Just deadlifted a new PR, but I feel like my grip strength is holding me back, pic related. What exercises should I do to improve? Also should I invest in chalk?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/GSC-PGE4360X-Gym-Chalk-1lb/dp/B0000BYSM0
youtube.com/watch?v=CyLgClmzTYU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

you should have already started using chalk

it's not optional in my opinion, if you want to pull heavy you need to use chalk

try a mixed grip, also keep your grip close to your fingers and not wrist so you won't get your pic related.

Looks like your holding the bar too far in your palm
Should be further down in your fingers, look up the stonglifts deadlift guide

I switched to mixed grip when I couldn't do 3x5 @ 100kg.

I haven't had any grip problems until now with mixed grip, at 170kg. I think I could've done another rep if I had better grip

chalk

chalk doesn't make a minor difference

it makes a night and day difference

use CHALK

whats your pr lad?

Seriously, this guy is pushing chalk autistically for a reason. Chalk will completely change your deadlifting experience, it's the best thing bar none.

Farmer's walks and kroc rows develop grip strength pretty handily too so I'd recommend those.

My gym doesn't have chalk, so I should buy my own.
Is it just regular chalk?

170kg I just did it 30 min ago. At 78kg

Any chalk you recommend? I have only seen Pepe at my gym using liquid chalk, at least this year. Perhaps solid chalk was banned but I'll ask before I leave

Not OP but when I let the bar hang down on my fingers, my grip is even worse and my fingers are sore for a couple days.

Then use straps you idiot

>tfw hands are 3sweaty5me

Will chalk help with this? My gym officially doesn't allow chalk but some of the stronger guys chalk up discreetly anyway and the staff doesn't seem to care unless you Lebron James the shit out your chalk.

just any magnesium carbonate you find on amazon is good

amazon.com/GSC-PGE4360X-Gym-Chalk-1lb/dp/B0000BYSM0

Chalk yes
Aldo try different gripping techniques

This may sound autistic but I can't just bring the one pound bag in to the gym, I'm guessing I must take a little baggie too or something?

I tried hook grip but I'm too much of a pussy to get used to the numbing thumbs feeling

lads

as the others said, use chalk.if your gym doesnt allow it, use liquid chalk, its literally the same thing but without creating a mess.

bought mine on myprotein (no shill intended) and it changed my pull day completely

i just put one block in a ziploc bag and then smash it

ez, works well

liquid chalk isn't as nice to use in my experience but it's better than nothing

use overhand grip for as long as you can and for warm ups etc. once it gets too heavy use straps. at the end of the workout, do a few sets of static holds.

ain't no downside to this if you can be arsed doing it.

Bar started slipping a few reps in on 160kg so I got chalk and lifted with it for the first time yesterday. Could do twice as many reps on my max overhand set and pulled 160x6 without the bar moving an inch out of my hands mixed.

Not op, only dl girl weight (my gym crush actually used my max to warm up after I was done FML) 200 lbs or so 3 x 5. I did farmer walks with a 35 db in each hand, do I need more weight for the walks? I had trouble holding near the end.

chalk, liquid chalk if regular is banned.

also, do all your warmups and any back off sets with double overhand.

why are you doing farmers walks with a 200lb deadlift

just get your deadlift to 405 before majoring in the minors

assuming you're a male and not handicapped you should be able to get to 315 very quickly if you stop fucking around and start eating and lifting like you mean it

Use as much weight as you can hold while walking a set distance (preferably 30-60 seconds at a normal speed) and focus on upping the weight over the same distance. You don't need more weight than you can handle right now. I do my farmer's walks with 60kg in each hand over 100 metres right now.

This guy is probably right, though. I didn't start doing farmer's until I was sitting on a 5pl8 deadlift.

i have to disagree with this, i think if you want to pull mixed grip for your heaviest set of the day you should warm up with all mixed grip

don't listen to me though listen to a world record holder and renowned PL coach

youtube.com/watch?v=CyLgClmzTYU

>best thing bar none
>bar none
>bar
>get it?

Delete this, you've tainted my post

I think I have been fucking around. I sort of bounce my diet between 500 Cal def, and maintenance but without enough protons, cause looking to drop fat.
How do I decide if I'll focus on weight loss or getting strong first?

Turns out im 76kg, that's quite a bit over 2x my bw. Could my day get any better

bouncing around on your diet is a great way to never make progress

if you're approaching 20% bodyfat, cut, otherwise eat 500 cal surplus and get stronger

at a 200lb deadlift you should be able to progress almost irrespective of diet though, what does your program look like?

Push pull self made to include big 4 and all other major body parts, was adding 5 lbs a week till I stalled 2 weeks ago. Guess I should just hop on ss till linear progression stops and diet on point with no more booze and more sleep.
I know what I gotta do, just need to do it

Yeah so I just asked and they banned solid chalk this year because people were bringing chalk in plastic bags and it was bursting everywhere. So I'm left with liquid chalk, I guess that's fine

> Lebron James the shit out your chalk

pls xplain

Listen to instructions from a girl?
I didn't vote trump for this!!