Tfw natty lifting for over 4 years and have grown tired of it

>tfw natty lifting for over 4 years and have grown tired of it

the last year i've only been going 3 times a week just to maintain what I have

I'm at a point now where it's a chore and something to get me out of the house.

why even lift natty after 4 years? It's literally pointless.

inject le steroids XD XD XD

i don't wanna lose my hair

take up kickboxing or some shit and just go to the gym a couple times a week to maintain strenght

i'm almost 6 years in, pretty much permastalled at 445/285/575 (yeah mediocre bench fuck you)

i'm starting to lift more for size now, mite b cool

just find some new goal that interests you in lifting or in some other sport

bout to hit 5th year here

shits got old

gains basically all done

nothing to look forward to

i just go to maintain now

its a flat out depressing experience but i dont want to quit and lose the gains

same. just lift to maintain otherwise it feels like i wasted the last 4 years. have gotten pretty relaxed with my diet too but just make sure i hit 160g protein every day otherwise fuck all else

I started olympic lifting for a change. I'll see where this takes me then maybe go back in a year. There's lot of other activities.

How do you get bigger without getting stronger?

gotta adjust training or diet friend

those numbers aren't even close to what I'm sure you're capable of

Yeah, im on my third yer now and i haven't made much progress. 200 kg squat, 220 kg DL, 140 kg bench and 80kg ohp. Done every routine out there and i don't wanna become fat just so i can increase those lifts ever so slightly

By training for hypertrohpy on a body building split

There are a lot of memers on fit but it's just memes from people that don't lift

Want to train for strength?

Routine 100% compounds, sets of 5.

Bodybuilding? Routine should be compounds and then shit like curls, wrist roller, etc, train x failure and train for hypertrohpy

Muscular size is bodybuilding. 12-15 reps to failure
Strenght is from the central nervous system, powerlifting 5 reps very heavy

Don't be a loser and have an actual life you sub human lmao

Switch up your workouts, try something athletic like sprints and olympic lifts. Focus more on a powerlifting style of training if you've been doing bodybuilding stuff, or vice versa. Working out can't just be a goal oriented activity, you have to enjoy yourself too or you're pretty much guaranteed to burn out if you're not having fun doing it.

I feel ya OP. half the time its good but the other half im just doing it to keep my body dysmorphia and depression at bay

post physique

>why even lift natty after 4 years? It's literally pointless.

To maintain your musclemass and physique you've built over those 4 years.

Do you really only care about lifting/making "gains"? If so: Start roiding.

If you're a well-balanced individual who doesn't care particularly much then maintain and lift for health.

I switched up to calisthenics because its so damn fun.

Mate, you can push to 100kg OHP.

this

Im glad i hit 60g some days. Its pretty great i can lift so well on such a low protein diet.

Im about to hit 6 years too. 535/385/585.

I bench everyday just trying to hit 4 plate but its not working for the last year and a half.

Get new programs? Push yourself, train different.

Maybe do 40 sets of deadlift one day, 50 sets of squat the other etc.. There's so many methods/ideas to adapt and try out when being natty (cause it doesn't come easy compared to dat cheat)

Two things
1.To maintain your strength and mass you only need to do ONE max effort set of ONE exercise for each muscle group. ONCE every two weeks. Once every week just to be on the safe side.

2.Replace the workouts with an active sport or some other way to keep fit and active.
Calisthenics, street workouts, take up a sport, an active hobby or just go hiking. Use that physical strength and muscle to do something in your life.

Feeling like you're on a treadmill when it comes to lifting is normal. Once the cheap thrill of instant weekly and even daily progression wears off you're stuck with the reality of lifting for normal natural healthy men. Growth is not infinite and we can't continue to do the same shit that geared up guys do and hope that we simply can gain like them.
Doesn't work like that.
If you want to get stronger then you're going to have to do daily strength practice. Look up greasing the groove and the idea of how old lifters would do a few slightly close to max reps of a given exercise every day just to slowly but surely build a base of tremendous strength.
And look into powerbuilding. It's what the old timers would do.

They'd lift for mass AND strength and when they hit an absolute wall in one they'd turn their attention to building the other and they'd see greater gains. But you'll have to learn some level of awareness and not compare yourself to the enhanced people. They have infinite energy and recuperative abilities so they can essentially bully their bodies into growing faster then normal, and they pay the price by having weaker joints and higher injury potential.

>Two things
1.To maintain your strength and mass you only need to do ONE max effort set of ONE exercise for each muscle group. ONCE every two weeks. Once every week just to be on the safe side.

no, this is not how the human body works

you can handle a 2/3 reduction in training volume relative to what you have right now and still keep most of your adaptation as far as muscle mass goes for some period of time, however with a long enough phase of this low volume you will detrain

couple that with a decrease in frequency (especially once every two weeks - who told you that nonsense?) and you have a recipe for negative gains

>If you want to get stronger then you're going to have to do daily strength practice. Look up greasing the groove and the idea of how old lifters would do a few slightly close to max reps of a given exercise every day just to slowly but surely build a base of tremendous strength.
And look into powerbuilding. It's what the old timers would do.

you don't have to do anything daily, plenty of top level natural lifters train each lift with 2-3x a week frequency

training volume is the most important variable, but yes higher frequency is a good idea generally especially for high skill lifts like bench and squat

>They'd lift for mass AND strength

any decent training plan for a powerlifter has them doing just that anyway, this is not some old timey concept that has died away

PLers have hypertrophy blocks, or combine their heavy work with lighter high rep accessories, or just pound themselves with competition lift volume (Sheiko style) to get bigger

you're not done progressing after a few years, even after 5 years or more, you can still continue eeking out little gains in size and strength

or do tren

>why even lift natty after 4 years?
>It's literally pointless.

Isn't playing football as well?

Thanks, anons

i don't get it. Just don't lift then if you don't enjoy it. I lift because I enjoy the progress and pump. If you derive no pleasure from it why do it?

Wont happen.

>negative gains

It's called a loss

Sounds like you need to try
>that first sip

if you start using roids.. you'll have to use them all your life.. as soon as you stop using them you will come back to your natty limit physique

I'm on week 8 of being serious. Lifted on and off for a few months but nothing concrete till now.

I'm going to do powerlifting for about a year. Should I try olympic after that? Snatch and cleans scare me a bit. Maybe try bodybuilding/aesthetics? I don't NEED to be pretty but might be cool.

I just don't know. I don't really have a goal right now, just losing fat and gaining muscle.

Same here bros. I still use weight for accessories and legs though.

Probably doing boring workouts and have gotten complacent , you walk in the gym knowing what to expect, you do not have a multi phase plan of attack regarding your training. That maybe it.