Can barely deadlift 140kg for 1 rep because grip keeps failing

>can barely deadlift 140kg for 1 rep because grip keeps failing
>buy hook-grip attachments for my writs/hands
>instantly work up to deadlifting 180kg for 3 easy reps first time using the hook-grip strap things

who else here shit cunt grip?

You better be missing digits using that shite

What a load of bullshit.

I got injured so now I have to reverse my mix grip to lefty though and finally pulling good numbers again. Slowly working on actual hook grip, unlike the teenager trainers in OPs image

Chalk? Hook Grip? Reverse Grip? da fuck bitch

what

im nearly 30 years old ya fucking clowns

also, added 50% weight to my shrugs, and im doing them with far better form and feeling the muscle working a lot better

i recommend buying these hookgrip things, got them for a few bucks, easily the best purchase ive made

Ok let me know when you need help opening a pickle jar

so you're too weak, so you buy something to make you more of a bitch? why not just buy some lipstick and a purse?

I already opened your gf's pickle jar with my cock ya dweeb.

Did your cock have a rubber extension slipped over it?

Jokes on you I don't have a gf

you didn't do anything to no ones gf. you bought a gimmick that usually only skinny jihads fall for.

LOL wut? Get your grip stronger m8 that is one of the biggest benefits of dead lifting.

Hue hue hue very good sir

i am thinking of resorting to these fucking things too

am missing part of my pinkie finger on the left side and my last rep always nearly slips

if i just keep lifting will i be able to compensate for the missing part of my finger?

dont want to get straps because enjoy having forearm / grip strength

>30
>Old
Nigga I'm 29 and I just hook grip that shit.

Hook grip faggot.

i use this thing. it works.

>Shit grip
>Gym doesn't allow chalk (Yeah I know)
>Mixed feels fucked

I think I'm going to give into mixed, but how do other anons here like hook grip?

The stigma against mixed grip is a meme.
>but user, you will tear your bicep!
With proper form, you won't.

lifters far more experienced than me have torn their bicep deadlifting with mixed grip and i'm not above them

furthermore it works muscles unevenly and for me even switching hands i still feel it on one side more than other the next day

if it works for you, great but not for me

what is it? how does it called?

whats it called*

im 31, and I DL 4pl8 without any grip issues.

You just need to man the fuck up OP

You're thirty and you're this retarded? Fuck man. Time job sabotaging your strength. Instead of letting your forearms catch up, they are now gimped. Congrats.

Liquid chalk you idiot. It's cleaner and provides better grip than traditional chalk.

This is why you switch, to even out your body. I switch every rep.

Just get lifting straps if you don't want stupid looking hook things. I use pic related for all my top sets of deadlifts.

Straps do the exact same thing as that hook but they feel much worse on your wrists
Who cares about looking stupid in the gym as long as you're not actually doing something stupid?

I deadlift 3.5 plate (160kg) with the hook strap thing (or with mixed grip), and can't really get past 2.5 plate double overhand.
Hook grip feels like ripping a thumb off, and mixed grip scares me if I'm reaching above 4 plate, so my options are
>hook strap
>improve grip strength

I don't see any improvement at all by only doing deadlifts and shrugs, how do I improve grip strength?

>30y/o
>still gives a fuck about personal opinions of others on menial shit

don't do this

the supinated hand bicep tendon will be under more stress always, so you want to consistently supinate the same hand to get the best adaptation possible there

also keeps your form consistent

also do all your warmup reps mixed grip

Mike Tuscherer has a great video on this

kek
did you have to use a strap for that as well

You must lead a fuckin shit lifestyle to have shit grip at 30, you not a old man who can barely walk wtf

Straps are great. But use ones that don't choke your wrist like the one in that pic. Better grip and doesn't fuck with your wrists.

I just actually hook grip instead of getting some plastic thing to do it for me.

>can barely pleasure girlfriend because erection keeps failing
>buy penis sleeve attachment for added length and girth
>instantly work up girlfriend with 3 easy extra inches first time using the penis sleeve

who else here a dicklet?

I have to admit I use them, but not for heavy diddlys. I have pretty bad tendinitis and they help reduce the strain so that i can do lat pulldowns. Any other back excercise (+deadlifts) is fine

#DidNotKnowThisExsisted
Do i wear lifting gloves and use the hook ontop of it or is the hook only needed?

Just don't wear either gloves or this retarded shit

Maybe work on your grip strength, you fucking pleb.

Work up to as high as you can using them, then use straps. Rinse repeat.

e.g. if you are doing 180kg 3x5, try doing 140kg for 3 reps, 160kg, then at least 1 rep at 180kg.

>how do I improve grip strength?

brach{,iorad}ialis exercises like {hammer, reverse} curls and wrist exercises like wrist curl and reverse wrist curl

shoo shoo mixed grip goblin

So, if you guys are not using your own grip, that means your grip will stay weak... i don't see the point.

>how do I improve grip strength

if you're specifically trying to improve it for DLs, try taking a set that's like 70% of your max and holding it at the top of the rep. Do it for 5 seconds per rep, it's helped me a bunch.

why do you actually want your back to be stronger than anything your hands can possibly hold?

anyway, kettlebell swings are quite sick for forearm gains not even memeing here you will discover new veins and grow bigly

>30 years old
>this insecure
>not gonna make it

I swear these are meant for downsyndromes who have spastic hands..

mixed grip, straps, or hook grip if you hate having thumbs

those are your options for heavy deadlifts

double overhand will limit you always unless you're a weak pussy

>I use gloves
>no blisters/scabs/open wounds from skin tearing, thus loss of gains because you can't lift
>if you get an infection because of wound even more loss of gains and you're fucked
>hit 1k total after 3 years starting at 95 bench
>first months gf complained about rough hands
>that realization that people with no gloves probably don't get pussy because girls will always complain

inb4 lifting for girls

Gloves increased all my back lifts by about 10lbs because of that free grip. Deadlift went up by about 30.

>mixed grip scares me if I'm reaching above 4 plate
fucking lol

I'll use straps myself sometimes for high rep (6+) sets of deadlifts, snatch grip deads or block pull/floor pull super sets but there is literally no reason to be scared of using mixed grip. I've been doing it for 3 years and have had literally no problems (and no, I don't alternate the hand I supinate, it's always lefty)

REALLY AMPLE

cobra grip. it works like a strap but easier to secure, easier to bail. it also supports the wrist a little.

I don't pull as well with my uncoordinated hand. If I want to work grip strength I just set the pins to barely below hand height and load my barbell the fuck up and just stand there with it in my hands as long as possible. straps are better for me it's really all about preference.

This, there is no fucking way you're actually going to develop any kind of imbalance unless deadlifts are literally the only pull you do.

if I wanted to laugh I'd ask what's your """heavy deadlifts""" 1RM

I have worse grip with gloves, because of the wider grip caused by the added layer of fabric.
Thus I abbandoned it completely and just went man hands mode

the wider grip would also improve your grip when you take them off

Start climbing to increase your grip and muscle strength in your hands. Its insane how much climbers can lift when you see their small muscles.

>t. never seen anyone who has deadlifted for longer than 2 years with mixed grip

I hate this meme where people feel like they're ancient at 30. Your 30s should just be like your second 20s. nothings going to fuck up unless you make it fuck up.

Come back when you're in your late 40s to 50s and tell me about how your body is failing you.

>My last rep always nearly slips
So just aim for one more rep every set and trick your grip into working for your actual last rep

Looks healthy and fine to me?