This man has been squatting for three years, does his form reflect that? Keep in mind that's 195 pounds!

This man has been squatting for three years, does his form reflect that? Keep in mind that's 195 pounds!

Is that barbell brigade? Pretty jealous desu

Yes, he does work out in one of the best gyms in the country

? its literally just a couple of squat racks

first three reps were okay. remainder didn't look like proper depth.
>195 after 3 years and still questionable form
probably not gonna make it 2bh

What about the lumbar flexion and chest caving in?

Dude has some long ass femurs (thigh bones) so that's why he folds over like that to hit depth also maybe he has injuries or something that hinder his squat? His leverages definitely don't help.

Barbell Brigade is a sick gym and got a really great community and lifting environment.

Even with long femurs the back should be straight and the bar path should be straight

How is he at 195 lbs in 3 years? You should be definitely be lifting 3 plates by then.

Diet, 50 percent of lifters are skellies/fatties who cant stick to a cut/bulk and spin their wheels

thats retarded mindset that everyone increases weight year by year and becomes a olympic tier athelete.

I see you alan

3 plates isn't Olympic tier, 4 plates is.

I don't remember saying that his back or bar path shouldn't be straight. I was simply saying he has some long ass femurs. I put him in squat shoes, lower the weight and get him doing low box squats and high bar paused squats so he's more upright

Bad leverages

shit mobility

>This man
>he
It's really nice of you to make a thread about your...friend ;)

>4 plate squats are impressive to normies
what

But yeah tell "him" to look slightly up, like look at something on the wall that's high up (not straight up, just enough to keep the head up) instead of looking down at a ground, and also keep his chest up.

Cheekie....is this true?

That gootecks?

PogChamp

If so I'm sorry for misjudging you.

Yup,that's the strongest man in the fgc

I've only been lifting for 2 years and can already squat 4pl8
unless you're female not even 4pl8 is impressive
73kg oly lifters squat over 6pl8

Come back and post the webm of his spine snapping the fuck up plz.

Nice, now all we need is Mike to start lifting.

Mike would have manlet leverages and African genes so he'd probably do ok

Rico Suave probably strongest in FGC. There's also that really big guy who enters EVO every year and he's always in a vest. I've forgotten his name but he's a big guy. Not LI Joe

>4u

It's totally coolio ;) I'm always here so I get that people think that I'm makin threads

Man it really sucks doing squats as a lanklet. I feel that guy's pain.

>Man it really sucks doing squats as a [idiot with terrible form]. I feel that guy's pain.

Why is he leaning so far forward?

His body is folding like a pair of pants

>415lbs is not an impressive squat, despite being over 2x bodyweight

ok dude.

A 60kg guy could squat 120kg (2.5pl8) x2 bw but I wouldn't call that impressive.

A 150kg guy squatting 300kg (7pl8) is impressive though.

John Haack (the ipf 83kg raw world champ) has squatted 312.5kg at 86kg bw which is 3.6x bw.

Unless you're benching 4pl8 it isn't impressive

>this isn't impressive
>You need to compare to a world record powerlifter
>Everyone lifts for powerlifting

Ok dude

>I
hey bart

Not sure where that data came from but I'm 181 and already reached class I in 2 years of training. It's not hard to get a 4pl8 squat

This is what stresses me the fuck out. I'm just starting and I see shit like this and panic. Dear god what if I never progress in 3 years.

yeah true

that's why I see everyone at my gym squatting 4plate to depth all the time.

>talking about raw drug tested ipf lifters
>links untested lolfed standards

Watch your diet. Its the difference between spinning your wheels and wasting time in the gym for nothing and getting esstetik and swol

Veeky Forums's standards are a lot higher than average it's expected.

Wouldn't that mean that the standards are even lower?

That's kind of in my favor

That's ironic given how most people here don't look all that good

>commercial gym
Because the overweight dude trying to lose weight will be squatting for strength/size gains
That cardio bunny girl who runs on the treadmill for 30 mins then does an ab and butt "toning" routine will definitely be trying to squat for strength and size.
or that awkward teen who just watched a zyzz video quarter squatting 1pl8 for 5 sets of 20 like his favourite natty bodybuilder

Go to a pl gym and 4pl8 is nothing.

Just because fucktards don't aim for something or don't know how to lift correctly doesn't make it hard. You can spend all day chopping trees but that won't make you good at carpentry.

If the average guy trained correctly for a couple years they'd hip 4pl8 easily

You'd think so but IPF is the largest powerlifting federation and therefore has a much larger genetic pool of lifters.
Even in the USAPL, 9 198lb lifters totalled more that 1698 (considered internationally elite by USPA standards that you posted) even more in the IPF worldwide total more than those 9 lifters from america
The fact that natural lifters can get to those untested master/elite standards in 3-4 years of training means that those standards really are quite low in terms of human potential

Powerlifters are faggots though

I lift to look good, not to be a fat faggot

>That's ironic given how most people here don't lift
ftfy

hes also a vegan

What does this even mean though? High protein?

in my gym nobody could even do a 3pl8, even though we have guys who have been there for 9+ years. people just cheer for like a 100 kg squat.

Suits me fine, Im not far from the guy in ops webm but ive been only lifting seriously for a few months.

yeah man all powerlifters are fat faggots and there isn't anything called weightclasses where guys have to remain below a certain weight which is benefited by filling it out with muscle more than fat

Fits standards are high even compared to powerlifting gyms out in the real world.

The real dick measure of Veeky Forums isn't how much you can lift, but how high your standards are. Doesn't matter if a person can't lift 3 pl8 squat, only 6pl8 and up is impressive!

Remember to excessively brag about how fast you attained arbitrary goals with no consideration to starting point of people being individuals with different athletic backgrounds.

To be baptized in Veeky Forums you must brave a sea of flames and emerge unscathed.

If your fee fees are ever hurt they will smell the weakness and gang up on you.

This

His form is funny but I do the same kind of form. I'm doing lowbar with long femurs and I have to do that form myself.

That means your bar path isn't straight

I've been lifting for 6 months and I already do 255 for 5reps.
>tfw I didn't fall for the SS is a meme meme

Helps to actually NOT look downward like that.

Relax dude. I've been lifting for 2, and most of it has been pretty shit but every now and then I get a good 2 or 3 month bulk in and my squat went up (60kg - 80kg first time, 80kg - 100kg second). As your understanding of form, mobility, etc. ramps up, and you maintain consistent nutrition and discipline with your workouts you'll hit it no sweat. Little strokes fell great oaks.

of course

That's right.

it was my plan all along

Golem get ye gone

Buttwink and good morning.

Wtf? He's squatmorning like there's no tomorrow, his form is awful

>long femurs
>high bar
Please don't give advice

thats how i squat.. no idea how to fix it.

Keep ya head up, breathe

It means eat at a surplus so your body actually builds muscle.

I have femurs several miles long and I do high bar, femurs are a meme you fucking cucks

>buttwink and diving
>3 years

I'm not saying you can't do it, it's simply not the best choice if you want to squat as heavy as possible

That depends on alot more than just femur length

Does he have cancer or something? Jesus.

Where did Gootecks post this?

>ITT: if you are a serious lifter you have to be squatting 4pl8s ATG like the bar was empty in less than 3 years or else you are a DYEL who will never make it
Never change Veeky Forums

Well I've only been lifting for like 3 months now, skipping days now and then and I'm at a 180lb squat for 3x5, i'm dyel too but something seems off if he hasn't even passed 2pl8 for reps in 3 years, he's definitely not eating enough but at the same time I don't understand how you can't hit 2pl8 after 3 years of training even with a shit diet.

They look underwhelming and would look miles better on a BB routine

Not really. The ratio between femur lenght and your height is the most important factor

>lifting at fucking barbell brigade of all places
>where people dl 500+lbs for reps, squat 405+lbs for reps, and bench 315+lbs for reps
>squatmorning-ing fucking 195lbs and struggling
>at fucking barbell brigade

Does he not feel self conscious?

>Counting low bar as squatting.

>counting high bar as squatting

Front squats are literally the only variation that can be considered "squats".

Any form of back squat just throws the weight entirely on your posterior chain and eliminates all use of quads. That's why front squats are the only squats that count

My gym looks exactly like this except more platforms and 3 additional rooms for cardio, dumbells, and a machine room. BBB is overpriced for what it is

>3pl8 in 3 years
3pl8 is 6months to a year.
try 5pl8, bozo

You are literally paying for the environment and Instagram popularity if you pay for membership at BBB.

Idk why people are saying that's good form. The dude it bending completely over at the bottom. Back should be relatively straight, barbell should follow straight path.

You're wrong

wtf is this? ive been lifting for 5 months and squat 105 kg for reps atm

Been lifting for 3 years and I never squat. It's simply not efficient for everyone.

so whats your background?

whats your age.

you really need to just eat if you want progress. eat, and get plenty of sleep. it isn't actually a meme. drinking milk definitely helps. rip knows what he's talking about.

You look like you never went to college

Looking down for low bar is literally the worst fucking cue

All it will do is lean you even more forward than you already are.

Even if you're squatting low bar you should stay upright as possible. Looking forward (not straight up like some faggots do) helps.

Excuse me?

You look like you mirin'

I get what you are saying. But 195 lbs after 3 years is definitely not what I would call progress. Even a small girl would be able to squat more than that after 6 months.

If you aren't hitting 225 after 1 year, you need to reevaluate what you are doing. I'm not saying you should be hitting 3pl8 in under a year, but even that is manageable for most.

I'm getting memed right?

I've been squatting for 3 years now and my legs look nothing like that i can even squat 4 pl8

The retarded mindset is that 3pl8 is Olympic tier

you physical appearance makes me believe you never attended a university to study higher level education

your lack of reading comprehension just reinforces my assumption

I guess you and him have something in common then, huh.