Dyel here. I fucking hate deadlifts

Dyel here. I fucking hate deadlifts.
At my campus gym, theres one deadlift platform that's dominated 24/7 by chads doing power cleans and deadlifting 4pl8 or more

I've been using dumbells because they go up to 120lbs, is this okay?

My hands fucking kill afterwards and I feel like it's straining my arms/hands/shoulders more than it is my legs

I literally squat and bench more than I deadlift please help

Buy your own bar and weights and lift in your room

But the dumbells are more than enough weight for me. Is it normal to experience more difficult using them?

deadlift somewhere else

DBs won't be enough after a few months. Just ask to work in at some point in your 1.5 hour gym session (try have a friend to help you deload the pl8s quickly) - if that isn't possible then go to the gym manager and say it's not a practical gym for you.

just dont do it. Deadlift is a meme anyway. Just do enough rows and pull ups and your back will be bigger than these meme chasers.

just work ask if you can work it while he's resting between sets. it takes few seconds to take the plates off.

idiot

>Usefull compound movement a meme

Some guy keeps telling me if you're not feeling anything in your glutes, you're doing it wrong. All I feel are my legs and fucking back. Am I being memed?

Felling DL in the glutes? Wouldnt suprise me if some people felt something there but thats not realy the muscle group that is primairly being used

>useful
>fastest way to ego lift to snap the lower back

pick one

Yeah, IF you ego lift and dont drop it when you cant lift it. Again, IF you wgo lift, and if you do your fuckin with your entire workout

The primary action in a deadlift is hip extension from flexion. The primary muscle which performs this movement is the glutes. If you don't feel it in your glutes you're doing it wrong.

the key to build muscle is to progressive overload. And soon or later, that one more rep of heavy deadlift will fuck you up.

I've seen enough fucked up backs from trying to pull heavy off the floor.

platform? The fuck you need a platform for? Go steal the bar off the bench and load it up with 45s. Throw your earphones in and ignore everyone else in the gym with a passion. Boom, you're now deadlifting off the floor.

120lbs isn't enough. I'm 145lbs at 5'8 and I'm deadlifting 305 for reps.

How do I convince my roommate to benchpress?
He works out but says he doesn't like doing bench presses. As a dyel, it's my understanding that a well-rounded workout requires them.

Then they are doing it wrong, simple as that. DL is a dangerous exercise if you dont know what your doing, but extremt usefull if you do know what your doing. And yeah, progressive overload is important, But you dont have to go inte 1 max range, thats ego lifting

> DL is a dangerous exercise if you dont know what your doing

The risk/reward ratio of deadlift is too high. Just like other lifts like overhead press, upright row ... these lifts surely build muscles but they have a great potential to fuck up your body.

Want traps? >>> shrugs
Want upper back? >>> rows and pull ups
Want forearms? >>> towel pull up, farmer walk
Want glutes? >>> pull through, hip thrust, split squat
Want hamstring? >>> one leg deadlift
Want lower back? >>> back extension, one leg deadlift

All the above mentioned exercises are much better in both safety and effectiveness. But the majority of meatheads doing heavy deadlifts in the gym just want to look badass in the gym then boast shit on the internet rather than building muscles.

behind the neck overhead press *

This, nobody is going to say shit because almost everyone there has major insecurity issues causing them to focus so hard on their body image.

That isnt very time efficent thought, and those excersies arn't as good compound movements as DL. And you realy want some good compound movents before moving Into hypertrophy

Except most of those movements are just as unsafe as the compounds you mention while also being tedious, long, boring and worthless.

You likely don't lift, and certainly don't lift anything meaningful. You definitely look like shit too.

Or just dl

So either this has happened to you and your form was shit and we can laugh at you

Or it hasn't happened and you're over exaggerating the dangers of a lift you haven't even had problems with.

So which is it faggy?

Put your money where your mouth is.

Show us your shitty body

walking on the street is dangerous as well. if you don't lift with your ego and progress slowly and safely while using proper form, nothing bad can happen

Your mum's a meme, but not much of a chase.