With all the amounts of hormones in milk, and how they get cows to create it - is drinking milk stupid?

With all the amounts of hormones in milk, and how they get cows to create it - is drinking milk stupid?

are there any studies that actually prove it or is this just a meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19496976
veganhealth.org/articles/cooking
veganhealth.org/articles/dailyrecs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Not fitness related

Certainly related to this board, with the amount of people recommending you drink a gallon of milk a day.

Of course there are studies. Google is at your fingertips.

Maybe there are some side effects to drinking milk(and eating meat, if those hormones are affecting the milk, they're obviously going to affect the meat), but since after this much research, and this many years of this many people drinking milk, there isn't a definitive answer as to what extent the effects are, it doesn't really fucking matter.

Keep a sense of proportion in mind. Just because *some* effect has been proven, doesn't mean it's necessarily worth sweating about.

just makes you shit a lot and smell weird.

I drank milk once, don't make the same mistake

L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

Everything is a meme

Well to be fair the impact of milk would be really hard to completely isolate, as it's so pervasive - you can't live without milk

I'd go on a whim and say that it'd be very surprising if it didn't majorly affect you in some way, you just can't artificially consume that amount of hormoes and expect it to have no effect

tried googling studies and in pubmed but there doesn't seem to be anything worthwhile desu... i'd love some links if you got any

i would fuck you so gentle

>you can't live without milk

GOLEM GET YE GONE

>is drinking milk stupid?
What does the cow gain from having her calf stolen from her so we can have the milk, which has to be boiled to death so we can even hold it inside of us?
It's stupid as fuck. Same as meat, bread, eggs and all the other animal or processed products. It all comes from times where we had to survive, so we'd eat everything we came across.
Survival is over, now it's about going back to the optimum which is a raw, fruit based diet. It's delicious in it's natural state and has everything the body needs to get going.
And the trees actually benefit from us eating their fruits because their seeds get scattered.

Besides, every living creature on this planet eats raw and living food, you don't see a cow cooking a grass soup. And everything points to us being frugivores.
Our eyes are made to distinguish colors and the ripe (red or yellow) mango is better visible than the unripe (green) mango, which basically hides in the leaves until it's ready for us.
Every human being has a sweet tooth. Children run around wanting ice cream (fruit imitate) instead of organs or meatsicles.
And look at the teeth of a frugivore, compare it to ours. Then compare the teeth of a meat eater with ours. Another thing: our stomaches are way longer than those of a meat eater which means we can't get the shit out fast enough and it starts rotting inside of us. That's why farts and shits smell so disgusting when eating that kind of stuff.

>frugivores
the problem is that fruits and seeds cost way much more than the socially acceptable diet, wheat, cow and pig products
why would anyone spend 10x more money on memefood

This isnt broscience
This isnt even momscience

To be healthy and feel just awesome every single day. That's why I do it, and I have about 315 bucks for myself every month.
Not to mention all the benefits. My psoriasis went back drastically, my balding scalp is budding again (believe it or not), my mind is just so clear and focused it's simply amazing. Weight loss is merely a small side effect. I also dropped smoking tobacco and weed because I suddenly realized that I really don't need it and it just casts a layer of fog on my brain. It's like getting a complete new, awesome self.

Is it goodscience?

Go to wikipedia, article about milk, and follow the references. It is explained there every bad aspect of milk (it turns out, it is not good for bones, among many other things)

It's pseudoscience. Please don't fall for the raw food meme. Just google the food our ancestor ate. It is horrible. Google the ancestor of cabbage and broccoli, or the original corn or watermellon. And even bananas. All of these sweet nice fruits we have today are result of human genetical intervention.

Pic related. Wild cabbage. This is the food of our ancestors.

GOLEM GET YE GONE

Frugivores are a type of omnivore though. If anything we have a preference for starch not fructose since we have way more copies of amylase than any other primate.

I feel simply awesome on a raw fruit diet and like death when I have bread, meat, milk and all the other stuff.
Why feel like shit when I can feel absolutely energetic and full of life? I keep listening to my body, it seems to know best.
I do eat cooked potatoes and such occasionally but it's just not satisfying and makes me tired and sleepy after a meal.

All this yada yada and for what? What counts is finding happiness and joy in whatever you're doing.

>they're obviously going to affect the meat
No, that's not how it works.

You make a compelling argument, but:

>no studies
>fruit and othe raw food won't give me gains
>too expensive

also, how Veeky Forums are you?

No. All it counts are hitting the micro and macro nutrients. Enjoy b12 deficiency on raw diet.

I feel awesome eating cooked food and meat everyday.

here, eat what you want Idc. Raw diet are meme diets.

Here you go OP

''After the intake of cow milk, serum estrone (E1) and progesterone concentrations significantly increased, and serum luteinizing hormone, follicle-stimulating hormone and testosterone significantly decreased in men.''

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19496976

Can't link the article, google: "true-or-false-dairy-is-toxic-hormone" it's the suppversity one.

How do I get protein without dairy. No more milk, yogurt,quark, cheese. I can't picture living without it

That was a long ass blog but it looks credible, thanks.

Soy milk, almond milk... tofu &ct

Want to get fat? Drink some fuckin' milk.
There's tons of alternatives for the nutrients in milk without all that extra GMO bullshit.
And soy products increasing estrogen / lowering testosterone is a meme, so soymilk would be a safe alternative.

Don't worry is a newfag. If he wasn't he would of had basic knowledge about gomad and the fact diet is crucial to body composition.

The GMOs in plain milk are not often present in the majority of dairy products. You won't need to replace yogurt or cheese, but even so, there are soy alternatives to those. I can't speak on soy cheese, but I have had Silk yogurt and it's very good. I prefer greek yogurt though.

I'm still severely overweight but it's melting. I can walk around for hours and jogging is getting easier by the week, I can lift and throw around heavy stones and trunks in the forest and also climb trees. I inhabit a tall and broad body that's very flexible. I really just need to get rid off that stupid excess fat.

>Enjoy b12 deficiency on raw diet.
Why? Did I say I NEVER eat meat? I'll have some salami from the local hunter when I want some. I'll eat ten pounds of it if I want to. But I only really want to about once a month or so and only small amounts.
You should never put barriers on anything, leave every possibility open. Anything else is stupid.

I hear that all the time and most of those people are either extremely passive-aggressive or flat out unhappy (walking around with a serial killer face expression, getting loud over stupid shit, etc).
Only a few of them were believable because they had that certain sunshine in their face all week long and always greeted you with a sincere smile.
But if you really feel great every day, good on you!

Bottom line, a postprandial reduction in test is meaningless.

That said, the increase in prostate cancer may be reason enough to stay away from milk. I don't... yolo!

GOLEM GET YE GONE

DRINK MILK EVERY DAY JUST IN COFFEE

>But if you really feel great every day, good on you!

You too. Just do me a favor and plug you're average diet in cronometer to see if you're deficient in any micros, then supplement them or find raw food which contain them.

We're all gonna make it.

GOLEM GET YE GONE

Can't hurt I guess. Do you know any good websites or programs? I don' have a smartphone or stuff like that.

>We're all gonna make it.
We can achieve anything we want, we're humans. We do it all the time.

>I'm still severely overweight
Well no fucking wonder you feel great all of a sudden, that's not because of fruit, that's because of being a bit less of a fatass.

Don't make up broscience to explain your anecdotal experience and pass it off as fact.
>I really had to pee, then I put on a hat and felt fine, hats are great your guys! I mean, I also peed after I put it on, but I'm pretty sure it was the hat that made all the difference!

What? No. Fuck off. Milk is a staple food, and diet is very much a part of fitness.

Lurk moar newfag.

Freelee, I know it's you. You aren't fucking welcome here. Go away now.

>Scooby should have won

My point is, no one with bulking goals can get by with a diet like that

GOLEM GET YE GONE

Cronometer should work on your pc, if you google it it should be the first thing that comes up. Here is some other info which may be useful

veganhealth.org/articles/cooking
veganhealth.org/articles/dailyrecs

Peace out anyways fruitbrah, I'm gonna workout.

I've lost 80kg before, without eating any fruit at all. Sure, I felt the change on the outside which made me feel good. But this right now is a whole different game.

You don't know. Because I ain't.

I don't want to bulk, I want to be healthy. If I wanted to look like the regular bodybuilder, I wouldn't even think about such a diet myself.

Nice, thank you! A small workout doesn't sound too bad right now.

GOLEM GET YE GONE

GOLEM GET YE GONE

>80kg

Jeaus fucking christ.

There was a time were I barely ate anything else than chocolate, bread and meat. Sitting on my asshole 24/7.
Five KitKat Chunky and 750g of Salami with baguette? That was merely a breakfast.

Yeah, 160kg of existence. Half idiot, half fat. But I'm glad because it got me to where I am today, on my way to be a better human being, in all aspects.
You know you finally got it when you think back and start crying because of all the cruel shit you have done to your most important possession.
I will always have something to remind me of that cruelty, saggy skin. Never to be able to experience the feeling of a tight fitting suit of skin.

Well, shit happens I guess.