Who has pets here?

>Who has pets here?

Just learned/started to see why so many people have pets

I have two cats at home. I graduate in a month and move out in two to begin job training. Month and a half after that I'm wherever the company wants me.

I plan on getting a cat once I'm all settled in.

Pets are great.

Cats are nice because they are low maintenance while providing nice companionship and they're a warm, soft ball of rumbling fuzz that's just so calming.

Dogs require attention and if you're not going to be around a lot it's kind of cruel to leave them all by themselves, they're social animals and need interaction or else they get depressed. They are a bit more expensive and if you're dog turns out to be an asshole (probably your fault if you got it as a puppy) then it's harder to deal with than if your cat turns out to be an asshole (also probably your fault). That being said, they provide companionship that cats can't really touch. There's nothing quite as amazing as a good dog. If you've got the time to devote to a pupper, get one.

Why are you starting to see why so many people have pets?

Story time?

These are god tier pets if you don't mind the smell, they just sleep all day

Ferrets would be strictly better than cats if they could hold their bowels slightly better. They reliably shit in corners, but I've never met one that reliably shat in its damn litter box.

My dogs are literally the only thing that has ever gotten me to do cardio. They want to run around; I want to run around with them.

So people don't feel lonely and have a reason to go out etc..

I just feel odd going for a walk without a dog or qt gf by my side..

2 dogs; huge orange saarloos wolfhound (pic) and a german shepherd

Depends on the ferret and how early you train em, mine doesn't even need a litter box in the room. If he needs a shit he'll linger around the door until I take him to his cage.

90% of the time they shit after they wake up so its pretty predictable.

Ultimate wingman

Sometimes after a night of tfw no gf I spoon my dog when I sleep.

So long as you draw the line at spooning. Unless you're canadian.

are they well trained?

I had some. I didn't have any pets since the day I witnessed my little bunny's death. At that time I was at my early 20s and I cried like a bitch. Tears and shit. You see, the downside of having pets is you usually see their deaths.

I have a doggo and he's amazing. Made me become more responsible and begin giving a shit about someone other than myself.

yes however the one in the pic is stubborn af but that's normal for that breed

>Just learned/started to see why so many people have pets
You just developed empathy now?

Rate my pupper?

very good boy/10

That's a good boy

I bet he makes funny growl noises when he's about to fall asleep. Good dog.

Pets are great because they are not human. People with pets are often lonely. See a single man or woman with a dog or cat? They are lonely.

>lonely guy with 2 cats

bunny master race anyone?

do these cute bastards count? one of the better pets i've had.

3Cute5Me

>just learned/started to see why so many people have pets
Why is that then? I've had a cat and a dog. I buried my dog last Tuesday and I'm almost certain I'm never getting another one. Its not worth it in the end.

cell phone is broke, and the only pics i got are from sister's facebook

he's a year old now and is the sole reason i'm making it

Doesn't believe government lies/10

This is me, dog.

Rate don't hate.

VERY good boy.

How old is he? Is it a puppy shepherd?

have him fight other dogs in the ring of honor so that he may grow up to be a big strong dog

I thought this about 7 months back when I lost my 12 year old. The pain will always be there, but you can give a happy life to another animal. Today is day 2 with my new pupper and I love the shit out of him.

My doggo.

I'm 8 weeks old full bred

>Its not worth it in the end.
it's always hard but it will pass. don't dwell on it too much. we all die at the end, it's just a cycle of life.

it's not the end that matters but the journey. you gave happiness and love to your dog and he loved spending time with you and so did you. that's all that matters.

so go to shelter and give that same love and happiness to another dog even if he only has a few years in him. you will change his life.

i want to get a dog, but i live in an apartment and it's just me, don't want to leave a dog alone for 8-9 hours a day so i guess it's not time yet :(

Those are intelligent as fuck.
My friend got a wild one in his attic once.
Couldn't manage to throw it out of the house for years. Tried gas, fog, sound gadgets, poison, etc.
Then he just got pissed and bought a dog to throw in there. What do you know, the dog found it and cornered it.
Well, my buddy obviously killed it, but holy shit, to imagine that this thing managed to live in his attic for years.

Iktf, same thing for me.. I thought by getting a house with a big back yard would make it better but I realize I am just not home enough... might have to get a cat sadly, and I think most cats kind of suck

I wish that were always true, my girlfriend bought a ragdoll for 800 euro and he's worse than any dog I've ever seen. Outside of being really handsome and fun, he's like a somewhat disguised Stephen King villain. He's jealous as fuck, bites people who get close to her sometimes. He starts biting her phone if she talks to me for a few minutes. Still adorable as fuck, but.... eh. Pros and cons.

Where did OP get a picture of my dog, Bruce?

damn this guy's chillin like a villain

jake's a people name. Why'd you give him a people name/10

>miss my ex's dog a lot
>can't see her cause it's my ex's dog

feelsbadman

why would I NOT mind the smell?

rare doggo? never seen that breed before