Whats your method on cooking this ultimate protein? Stovetop with lid on low heat for 10 minutes/rest...

Whats your method on cooking this ultimate protein? Stovetop with lid on low heat for 10 minutes/rest? Bake it in the oven?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2GlZpyuDM-M
draxe.com/eating-tilapia-is-worse-than-eating-bacon/
youtube.com/watch?v=dBNc3YW04b8
skinnytaste.com/healthy-baked-chicken-nuggets/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>cooking

oven

Put some butter in the pan.

Spread the butter around.

Put the chicken in.

Wait until one side is golden brown and you can see the cooked part of the chicken move up onto the uncooked side.

Turn chicken over.

Wait until that side is cooked.

Turn heat off and let sit their when I microwave frozen veggies and wait until rice is finished cooking.

Stovetop, blender, drink

Pic Related

Crockpot

I dice it into little cubes, I mince ginger and garlic, chop up some onions if I have that. I also like to chop up the leftover broccolli stems i have into thin coins and use those here.

Put a little spoon of olive oil into a hot pan (only as much as you need so it won't stick).

Then you toss in the chicken, brown it a bit on one side, then you toss it around in the pan while you throw in the garlic/ginger. Cook it out for 30 seconds and then add in your onions and your chopped broccoli stems. Saute for a minute or two until the onions and broccolli stems become translucent, then throw in whatever spices you want along with some soy sauce, white wine if you have it or liquor. Then you reduce the sauce and coat everything in it, then serve.

Best is outdoor grill. Second best is coated in panko breadcrumbs/flour and fried on a skillet.

Poultry gives you cancer, right?

Correct

This is literally, exactly, what I do.

i hate cooking with cast iron...its too heavy

Are you sure you're on the right board?

you dont have issue trying to drain the grease/fat from food? i have the 12" cast iron pan

Totally serious here guys, if you don't know how to cook, just do it like this, it's ez mode for ya'll njegas thats culinary dispositioned.

Take yo' thawed chicken breasts, fuck 'em up with some seasoning and cooking oil, throw em on a plate and shove it in the oven. After about 20 minutes at about 200 celsius (fuck fahrenheit) take it out of the oven and cover it with some aluminium foil and let it rest for at least as long as it was in the oven. Trust my word it'll be delicious tender chicken thats not even dry. If you don't believe me I'll upload a vid of me cooking the next batch and showing you just how ez it is.

>If you don't believe me I'll upload a vid of me cooking the next batch and showing you just how ez it is.

Do it.

>ultimate protein
>not a picture of salmon or tuna

nigga what

>salmon
>tuna

Disgusting. I've been right into haddock recently, it's so god damned tasty with just a little bit of butter, salt and pepper

Top with cottage cheese green onion mix, bread with crushed rice crispys, 350 for 20mins then broil for 2 mins topped with parm. Eaten with rice

Fry in little pieces then I put olive oil after the cooking

2 favorite methods:
1. Cut chicken into ~1 inch squares. Mince 1 clove of garlic per pound of chicken. Put it all in a pan with a tablespoon of olive oil per pound of chicken. Cook until golden brown on all sides. Add to rice and vegetable mix.

2. Slice each breast in half. Marinade in low sodium soy sauce, a bit of olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper for an hour or so. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees (F). Cook for about 25 minutes. Serve on top of rice and vegetable mix.

>best method of cooking

Sear each side w/ olive oil. Bake it. Finish off with some light teriyaki and soy sauce. Best shit ever.

>cut in half lengthwise
>marinate
Bake 7 minutes each side at 450

dumb question, do you put something over the chicken so your oven wont get messy from all the juices flying everywhere from the heat/oil?

tuna is not especially nice, but man, fresh salmon from the fish market is delicious.

foil roast with some lemon and butter.

Never had haddock, but I'll try some next time.

Can vouch for this. Do this all the time.

Like this

Put in glass pan
Season with lemon pepper and seasoned salt
Cover with foil, bake at 375 F 15-20 mins per pound of chicken

Every fucking time, takes literally one minute to prepare plus the cooking time.

I don't.

Tilapia Master race.

why the fuck would i eat dense protein with higher calorie content, less protein.. when I can have Tilapia

Easy to eat, light, less cals etc.

Only new lifters eat chicken.

I have mentioned this many times but I will again because it's seriously the most tasty method for me

chicken ala creme

recipe:

youtube.com/watch?v=2GlZpyuDM-M

results: see pic

how does Tilapia compare to other types of fish (e.g. salmon tuna or swordfish)?

Taste and texture is worse.

I usually get aluminum foil, pour extra virgin olive oil in it, coat chicken breast with olive oil and rub pepper on it. Then I cut a lemon in half and squeeze it on the chicken, I slice the rest of the chicken and lay it on top of the chicken. Then I sprinkle some fresh rosemary over the chicken and leave some leave in it for aroma. Close the aluminum foil and throw it in the oven for 20 minutes at 450F. Chicken cooks best at high temp and low time.

it tastes nowhere near as good as any of those because it doesn't taste. it is the most boring, depressing fish.
you stuff it in your mouth and try and get it down your throat before your tastebuds realize what you're trying to do to them.

not as fatty as salmon.

not as expensive as tuna / swordfish.

You eating for a goal? or do you also sip your protein shakes...

in all seriousness, for taste, plenty of recipes for that. As for texture, grill, pan fry etc.

you disgust me

Look into tilapia farms and you won't want to eat it. It's absolutely terrible quality and just disgusting. The hot dogs of fish.

you are not gonna make it

right..

like chicken farms are any better.

protein is protein.

or keep Sipping your protein shakes.

Won't it be easier to just put some ketchup on it?

It doesn't help that it tastes like shit.

draxe.com/eating-tilapia-is-worse-than-eating-bacon/

>Chop into 1/4" pieces
>Cutting and on a somewhat tight budget for fat so use cooking spray instead of oil at the moment
>Add Thai Holy Basil seasoning packet and water with some extra veggies (seasoning packet is like 90 cals, mostly from carbs)
>Stir fry and serve with Basmati Rice
love being a lazy fuck. Also like to mix with Mexican seasoning and serve in a bowl with rice, black beans and homemade salsa and make low-fat vindaloo if I have time.

That's literally the same with chicken breast

Sous vide + pan finish with oil.

Anything else is pleb tier.

What the fuck

before I started to eat healthy (I used to eat pasta only) I'd eat carbonara often, and I know it's very heavy. isn't chicken ala creme too fatty?

you're welcome

You can do a lot with chicken, don't just be dumbass plebs who fry it on a fucking empty stove

At least season it jesus christ

I usually throw this in with 12kg of flour, 1.2kg salt and toss it around for about 5 minutes and then pressure cook that shit for 15

Bake 5 days worth in oven with olive oil + old bay.

Eat it cold throughout the day with ketchup

How long can you keep chicken in the fridge?

If I make containers of chicken + veggies on sunday night for my work lunch can I safely eat it throughout the week? Would eating the chicken by friday be pushing it?

Should be fine, 5 days is max for me.

Make chicken + veggies on sunday for the whole week.

1 batch for the sunday
3 batches in de fridge
3 batches in the freez

Defrost the night before in the fridge

Thanks. Gonna fry up some now

Spatter shields. Google them

youtube.com/watch?v=dBNc3YW04b8

I use cumin, chili powder, pepper and garlic salt on my chicken and the same with my unseasoned black beans. Cook some rice, then throw fucking valentina all over that bitch.

Make a chicken curry and count calories of other products in, very close to the chicken alone because it's mostly chicken, i made like 2 kgs last night from 1,5 kgs of chicken, and the rest is mostly veggies, water and low fat greek yougurt

Bahjis on cheat days?

>not cooking it in a wood oven with wood you fell yourself with an axes
Not going to make it.

First time im hearing about it, i am not a pajeet. I may try it though.

>entire thread full of common fucking sense basic ways of cooking chicken

Not only am I blown away this thread exists in the first place, I'm even more blown away by people replying to it sincerely like their advice of "season it and cook it" is actually going to help someone.

Get out faggot, you're not contributing

Butter in pan with fresh chopped garlic and a dash of montreal chicken seasoning with sauteed mushrooms and some sort of cheese and cilantro, past few days its been blue cheese

Spot on except for the last part.

Good job, babe.

In the pan, first with medium heat to gain some nice surface, then on low heat for a longtime for it to get fakin joicey

it should feel like cutting through butter

also yes the picture looks gross cus photographing food with the flash on fucks it all up

I actually started making this and bringing this meme to work.

Would recommend, it's good stuff.

Also I've been pressuring cooking brown rice with it, it's much quicker.

fat in this recipe comes from the creme and butter/oil

I use low fat creme and don't overdo it with oil and it tastes fine.

I just steam it with garlic, basil and rosemary and add some soy sauce later.
Fast, easy, delicious, don't have to use oil/butter/anything.
I'm so glad I have a steamer, I use it too cook most of my food.

PAN
NICE AND HOT

Put a sheet of tin foil on the grill, put some salt and garlic powder on the chicken and put chicken on the foil. After its done cooking I usually cut it up and put it on a salad

>Mix sweet soy sauce, homemade chili paste, some herbs, and butter
>Marinade it well
>Cook until golden brown
>Eat with red rice, fried tempeh, stir fry broccoli and green beans
>homemade honey chili paste as dip sauce

I like em spicy and homemade...

This made me kek and idk why

>separate the meat into convex pieces. better if they are similar sized, but convexity is more critical
>throw them in a pot of water, heat to a boil and let simmer
> check the temperature of all meat chunks frequently, get them out as soon as their thickest part reaches 165 F
>once they are all out of the water and about room temperature, put them in the fridge
>after they've cooled down a bit (~30 minutes) get them out and cube them

Zero fat and turns out to be quite juicy.

>skinnytaste.com/healthy-baked-chicken-nuggets/
>not making chicken nuggets
>2016

srsly how do people fuck up on cooking its so easy

>putting in the onions after the garlic

you failed

>tilapia

literally eating shit and antibiotics

lrn2cook and buy quality chicken poorfag

I put a ten dollar pack of chicken breasts in the slow cooker for around 6 hours.

Oven. As a bonus you don't have to do any dishes.

I recently bought an Instant Pot, which is just a mix of pressure and slow cooker. But the fact that I can make delicious and varied chicken in 15 mins top has hugely improved my eating habits.

Chicken breasts + whatever tasty sauce + some water + 15 minutes and done.

Alternatively fish and a steaming basket and 5 minutes with some water and lemon juice and it's fucking great.

dont know if you just started lifting or i am too lazy but if you eat 500-600 grams of breast every day you need to make the least time consuming thing.
these cooking methods are too much work and too much time consuming
i discovered the easiest and least time required one is oven. just slice ,spice , and use little oil. then put it in oven. cook it 20 minutes.
this only requires your 5 minute of time. and oven does the rest

>not as fatty as salmon.

This is not a selling point.

It is actually.

I bet you take fish oil after you eat your flavorless white fish, don't you?

Is 20 minutes really enough? I usually do 30 minutes.

And after baking, I cut the chicken in small pieces but I see all the juice dripping out and the chicken becoming dry. How do I prevent this?

That's why you pull it and let it sit for a while. The meat will pull some of the fat back in as it cools a little.

talapia is a shit fish that is farmed in its own waste. Absolute shit fish.

Nope. When trying to eat lean and clean, salmon provides a brilliant source of fat on top of the proteins.

Eeeyyy senpai,

Here's my secret recipe to moist and tender chicken titties:

2tbps of butter per breast
As many breasts as you can fit in the pan
Half a medium onion
A plug of ginger about half the size of a lime
Lee kum kee chili garlic sauce

Slice your onion top-wise into slivers
Matchstick the ginger
Heat your pan medium with the butter
Throw them the veggies in with a little scoop of the sauce and cook for five min
Throw the chicken in add lots of sauce (at least two spoonfuls) and cook until they are done through.

Always moist and tender, never failed me user

do it bro

Bake in the oven, 450 degrees for 20 minutes. Stays juicy when reheated, perfect for meal prep.

That sounds unappetising as fuck dude. Pls tell me thats not all you do

>Cut into small chunks with scissors
>Tiny bit of oil, bit of salt and pepper, maybe some sort of sauce if you're fancy
>Grill / Broil if you're American
>Quickest way to cook chicken that's still juicy and tasty

>extra virgin olive oil for frying in
nigger please

then he goes and says that this stops the butter from burning- seriously?