What is Veeky Forums opinion on descending inward press (D.I.P.)s?

What is Veeky Forums opinion on descending inward press (D.I.P.)s?

>not weighted dips
But honestly, if you prefer calisthenics, then its a decent variation to work on your shoulders in a way differently than what they are used to.

best way to fuck up your shoulders

Only useful for getting out of in ground pools.

that feel :(

New to lifting, and I tried to keep these in my routine on chest day.

I've had to take a few days off now to give my shoulder a break. Feels bad man.

>weighted dips
goat. is memeing, weighted dips are unsafe if you don't know what you're doing, just like how squats are unsafe if you don't know what you're doing

Learn to do it right,
best bodyweight exercise for chest shoulders triceps

I have no shoulder problems during dips but 2 workouts ago i divebombed one and had massive inner chest pain for few seconds and then through the week a little bit.

Dont divebomb dips lads.
But the exercise is great, works chest like nothing, i dont feel the same on chest doing dumbbell presses and flys despite trying hardest

Maybe because my chest is still very undeveloped

How do i into weighted dips tho?

I want to start by putting that thicc rope on my traps and work from there. Dumbbell between legs seems kinda uncomfortable

Go to start bodyweight and do lower progressions first. You already have the strength to do them, but they haven't adapted to the movement yet. The lower progressions help that.

Weighted vest or leg weights. I prefer vest though since you can utilize it during other calisthenic exercises.

>memeing
of cooourse famalam
of course...

dips should be your main triceps exercise
a just as good alternative is close grip bench press
there's nothing better for triceps. one of those two exercises + some kind of overhead triceps extensions and you're set as far as training your triceps

not my fault you can't control your shoulder girdle m9

dip machine master race

I've been doing 3x10 of dips on an assistance at 6'1" 170 lbs with 50 lbs assist. Am I doing it right boyos?

My shoulder pain stopped when I switched from bench to dips.

>blaming own stupidity on exercise

never gonna make it

>there are people who build and buy a machine that does the same as two kitchen chairs

Terrible for my shoulders and elbows.

it totally destroyed my shoulder, form was perfect too... just avoiding dips now and everything is good

people buy a power rack when it does the same thing as two ladders. LOL

fucked up my shoulder doing them.
inb4 LEARN TO DO THEM PROPERLY
its to late now, risk/reward is whack. you are better off doing something else. its not worth risking your shoulder health for this excercise.
way to easy to fuck something up especially when you start doing them weighted.

>LEARN TO DO THEM PROPERLY
i remember when people told me that my form is shit and i can't do dips when i said my sternum hurts like a motherfucker after doing dips. Later on i did dips on the dips bar which are bit wider than the dip station i was using before and there was no pain at all. I would suggest everyone with problems to go and try different width

So pretty much avoid close-grip (tricep) dips, I've never had pain in my sternum doing dips btw.

i still felt my tris while doing them

I've been doing weighted dips for a long time, never had problems. Bw is 70kg and currently I have added 25kg, 3x10

This, I fucked up my serratus a bit when I tried adding dips back in. Had to do like 20 minutes of stretching every day for a week to fix it.

but thats the bench press senpai

my problem is exactly the opposite; I can do dips quite comfortably on closer dips bars, but wider just feels like it rips my shoulders out of their sockets.