What's the minimum requirement to be a civilization instead of a large tribe?

What's the minimum requirement to be a civilization instead of a large tribe?

being white

The parameters are pretty debated and vague, even between a lot of historians, anthropologists, and such intellectuals.

Probably the most focused-on and common factors needed revolve around:
1. Sedentary communities
2. Introduction of agriculture, or some consistent and storeable food source that can create a surplus
3. The growth of diversified labor
4. More complex social structures, like hierarchies, castes, laws/traditions, etc.

I'm probably forgetting a few, and a lot of these actually feed into eachother (food surplus allows for the pursuit of other services or production of alternative goods [diversified labor, economy]), but these are the main ones that I remember.

* Central government
* Resource surplus
* Specialized jobs and roles
* Permanent defense force

Basically when your life is not dedicated to feeding and defending yourself and your immediate cohabitants, giving those responsibilities up to a bigger and abstract entity

Can you please kill yourself?

Cucking and assimilating all your neighboring tribes.

Mad darkie expressing his anger on a white invention.

>Chandragupta for India
FUCKING FINALLY
IM SO FUCKING TIRED OF GHANDI

Crew look kind of interesting, but where the crap are my Cherokee?

More likely an actual Veeky Forumsposter agitated with the fact that their board is still plagued with immigrants from a containment board.

Which I honestly can't blame.

This is why I haven't even gotten VI. It looks like they got the designer from Civ Rev in on it. Hell, the leaders from Civ Rev looked 10x better than this grotesque shit.

Holy shit, they changed her model!

She looks less mongoloid now, gave her more Asian features, and made her whiter.

Pic is now.

Pic is before.

>Europe and Asia have the same amount of civs
Inb4 it ends up with more asian civs than european

Why is a permanent defense force part of the definition?

It's weird that the Cherokee have never been in when other Native Americans have.

>She looks less mongoloid now, gave her more Asian features

Sorry, I'm an idiot.

They'd have neat potential for mechanics, like assimilating characteristics of the most advanced civilization, alowing then to eventually slingshot ahead. Or they could be a tech civ, since they had guys like Sequoyah developing writing and stuff, as well as implementing slavery, Western law systems, and modern infrastructure and such more so than any other tribe.

Something along those lines.

Greece is double and there is still another civ with Alexander the Great as leader, so Asia already has more civs

also, who got the GET?

India is also double.

Korean rulers were Mexican, yet another wave of yellowwashing.

Requiring permanent standing armies would rule out almost any civilization that existed prior to the 14th century.

>australian
>civilization

>Catherine de Medici
>Jadwiga
>Gorgo
What fucking meme choices

>3 greek factions
>fucking Sparta
they could have had Syracuse, or Massalia, or one of the Diadochi [spoiler]Pontus[/spoiler], and they chose Sparta

>Firaxis makes a realistic depiction of a Korean person.

>Americanized, surgeried & bleached as fuck South Koreans complain.
Like, If I went to North Korea, I can find those types of women.

Koreans generally complained that Queen Seondok wasn't a good ruler.

Beats fucking me: Firaxis often changes rulers of civilizations and the only good ruler Koreans had in their entire fucking history was meme Sejong.

But desu, the royalty had pastey white complexions because it separated them from the common folk.