After four years of lifting I finally tried to deadlift with one of these goofy bars and it feels fucking awesome...

After four years of lifting I finally tried to deadlift with one of these goofy bars and it feels fucking awesome. Any reason I shouldn't do this exclusively?

no. unless your some elitist powershitter, there's no real reason to do deadlifts at all.

Yeah all you have to do is shrugs, back extensions, leg press, leg extensions and rack pulls. This way you definitely won't get injuries

hex bar takes away the fact that the load is forward of your center of gravity. Which takes focus off the posterior chain and core, and puts you in a much more advatangeous position to use the quads in the movement. This helps you lift more weight, because the quads are fuckhuge relative to the other muscles in that area. And thus of course makes your usual DL weight feel easier and your ego larger.

It won't give you the same benefits as deadlifting, but if all you care about is lifting numbers then go for it...

This. I do them every now and then because I feel fucking amazing, but they fuck up your back over time and they kill any chance at a V-taper

Thanks buddy. I kind of like that idea, cause all these heavy squats are hurting my damn joints but I want to keep my big quads.

The hex bar will engage you body in a way more similar to squats than deadlifts. But as always do what works best for you.

>they fuck up your back over time
Incorrect. No study has found this to be true. In fact there is a lot of evidence to suggest the opposite as stronger lower back muscles can help protect against spinal injury. You WILL fuck your back up if you're doing shitty form though.

>they kill any chance at a V-taper
True. Since I started doing deadlifts about a year ago, I've been heading towards fridgemode. I personally love it but I can see how it's not for everyone. It can be argued that a thick core is generally better for you and reduces the potential for injury.

Your posterior chain is way stronger than your anterior chain. You won't be able to pull more weight with a hex bar. The quads aren't strong compared to your hips and glutes

>implying V-Taper or fridgemode is dependent on the development of your abs and obliques and not your general bone structure

the whole "taking focus off posterior chain" is technically a myth. you can set up in the trap bar with a higher hip angle making is similar to a normal deadlift, giving you equal benefits without drawbacks.

the reason why you can pull more is because of what he said (about center of gravity)

This is true, which is why you can low bar more than you can high bar and high bar more than you can front squat.

on a smiliar note is there any reason i shouldnt just deadlift from below the knees in the power rack? for some reason having the weight like 3 inches off the ground to start feels much more comfortable, i feel like i can actually push through the ground with my legs and use my upper back properly

No you can not set up a hex bar deadlift to be equal and better than a regular deadlift. you will no matter what include more quad in the lift, because of the shift in center of gravity.
Because of that you will not be able to pull more with a hex bar, because it utilizes weaker muscles than the regular deadlift.

don't even try everyone here is retarded, just straight broscience for them

Technically, that's not a diddylift, it's a "rack pull". I know, doing those is more comfortable, I do them too. I feel like the injury risk really drops, while keeping most of the benefits of the diddylift.

Sure, doing actual diddies is even harder, but I'm ok with what I do.

You may be better suited for sumo.

>implying diddlies help V-taper
Might as well do all in your power; just my opinion

>Because of that you will not be able to pull more with a hex bar, because it utilizes weaker muscles than the regular deadlift.

I think your problem is that you think that everyone's posterior chain is stronger than their quads. That's simply not true. A lot of people neglect their glutes and hamstrings. I know what I'm talking about, been there.

Have you tried a wider stance for your regular deadlift? Dont listen to the bullshit about standing hip width, everybody is built different. Look at how Brian Shaw deadlifts for an example.

That wasn't my point tho
My point was that everybody is able to grow a stronger posterior chain compared to their quads. Therefore the focus should lie in utilizing those muscle groups

I've done sumo with a not so wide stance( elbows just inside the knees)
And it was as demanding as deadlifting but much more comfortable

>definitely won't get injuries

I don't even have to link the video

the fake and gay video

what do deadlifts ACTUALLY do that squats don't?

make a man out of you

You're actually wrong. everyone with a doctorate in kinesiology and other relevant fields have told me specifically deadlifts when done properly, are the best exercise you can do for your posture.

Literally everyone with a doctorate in kinesiology has talked to you? Impressive.

every sprinter worth his salt does deadlifts

My hypothesis is that it takes away the movement of pressing the bar against your body so you are not falling forward at a traditional deadlift.

Is it okay to deadlift with a trap bar?

You may be picking up on a trend by now: If you’re a powerlifter, you should practice like you play for the majority of your training, and deadlift with a straight bar. (Trap bar deadlifts are fine as an accessory movement, or to use for a cycle or two when you’re far out from a meet as a way to train the deadlift pattern without quite as much back fatigue.)

If you’re not a powerlifter, it’s perfectly fine to deadlift with a trap bar. In fact, it may even be preferable.

In this study, highly trained lifters worked up to 80% of their straight bar 1rm with 10% increments with both a straight bar and a trap bar.

With 70-80% loads, the hip and spine moments were about 10% larger with the straight bar, whereas the knee moment was about twice as large with the trap bar (though the knee moments seen with a trap bar were only about 30-40% as large as you’d see with a squat in a similarly well-trained cohort – nowhere close to maximal).

Furthermore, they produced higher peak force, peak power, and peak velocity with the trap bar, perhaps indicating a superior general training effect for transfer to sport.

It’s also questionable whether the larger hip and spine moments would actually play out in the real world. The participants were able to lift ~8% heavier loads with a trap bar (584lbs vs. 539lbs), but all the comparisons were based on their straight bar 1rms. If the researchers compared 80% of the lifters’ trap bar 1rm to 80% of their straight bar 1rm, the difference in hip and spine moments would presumably be smaller than the 10% difference that was observed when basing all the loads off straight bar 1rms.

The results of this recent study corroborate the results of the first study: Slightly higher hamstrings and spinal erector EMG readings with a straight bar, and slightly higher quad EMG readings, peak power, peak force, and peak velocity with a trap bar.

In short, the differences between the two lifts are much smaller than often assumed. Powerlifters should train with a straight bar. For non-powerlifters, it’s primarily a matter of personal preference. However, since the trap bar deadlift tends to be easier to learn and tends to allow for higher peak force, power, and velocity with any given load, trap bar deadlifts are probably slightly better than straight bar deadlifts for most non-powerlifters.

Deadlifts will not thicken your core. I diddly 4pl8 and waist size hasn't changed

They're superior in terms of muscle activation than traditional deads and safer

No reason not to

This is so depressingly true. It's amazing how little of a chance any sound advice stands on this cancerous board.

squats is quad dominant with some hamstrings and glutes in there.

deadlifts are hamstring and glute dominant with some quads thrown in. also they work your lower back and traps and forearms.

GUYS GUYS GUYS. IT REALLY DOESNT MATTER.

as long as youre squatting deep, whether it be front or back or safety bar , as long as youre pulling something off the floor, whether it be dl, sumo, trap bar, or high pulls, as long as your pressing, whether it be bodyweight, from a bench, or overhead, you're gonna make it.

When I do a traditional deadlift, the next day I feel it a lot in my hamstrings, my lats and my traps. I used a hexbar and it felt like I got ass pounded by a 300lb black man, as in my glutes were sore as fuck. The hex-bar is a reduced range of motion if you look how far up your hands are compared to a regular deadlift, creating a shorter range of motion which will work more the lock-out (hips). It also places the load within your center of gravity taking the lats and back out of the equation more and putting more emphasis on your legs. Basically a squat.

t. dyel faggot

Maybe at a highschool level...

Yea, but 4 plate really isn't a lot...