How does one keep their knees in good condition when running and lifting?

How does one keep their knees in good condition when running and lifting?

running and lifting at the same time sounds like a dumb idea

Since running kills your gains you just make gains while you run so it cancels out

By squatting ATG

what's an ATG and how do I squat it?
what if my gym doesn't have it

for running, learn how to run properly and you'll be okay. it's just middle school urban legend that running ruins your knees. runners have better knees on than average people. it keeps the synovial fluid active and moving which is the main source of nutrients in otherwise avascular tissue.

in weightlifting, proper form to avoid shearing and improper weight distribution, and being sure to flex your appropriate muscles as to not just put all the weight sheerly on your ligaments and tendons.

Ass To Gains

Don't do two impact exercises the same day. Even if low-impact.
For example: walking and jumping rope. If you do this everyday, you'll soon realize your tendons are really suffering from walking, and your performance in jumping rope will suffer severely.

What I do is mix exercise types (both being cardio). Biking + Jump Rope, or Walking + Swimming.

tl;dr Only do either lifting or running in a day, not both.

Eat tumeric with coconut oil and black pepper. Helps with inflammation of joints.

mid foot strike

True that, I sprint and lift and when I was younger I had Osgood–Schlatters and I've never had knee issues since. My knees click when I squat but that's it

Fuck off CrossFags

>mfw I did cross country and track for 4 years and high school.

now worried about my knees when lifting. fuuuk

Ass to grass, just go all the way down.
Do stretching excercises if neccessary

Don't heel strike and lift with good form. Is this really a question?

Why is it so difficult to grasp he idea that running, just like lifting requires proper form in order to stay injury free?

ass totally gaped

Run barefoot or get those toe shoes

Shoes are really restrictive and can stop you shaping your feet properly - resulting in damage to the shins amd knees
Running barefoot is healthier

this is some old-country shit

>wants to not blow the fuck out of his knees
That's why you progress the weights for leg-centric exercises (and ALL exercises for that matter) SLOWLY, so all parts of your body have time to adapt. Cartilege will toughen but it takes time. That's why some of you have problems, including plateauing and stalling out, because you try to progress too quickly and there's not enough time to adapt.

Quit spouting bullshit memes.

This isn't even necessary if you do what as I said at the top of this comment.

How is an implementation of 2.5kg per squat 3 times per week?