Brehs how do I handle my vidya addiction? It keeps fucking with my gains and work. Pls help

Brehs how do I handle my vidya addiction? It keeps fucking with my gains and work. Pls help

what you playin?

Do you play for fun or to forget?

A really old mmorpg. Im playing it on a private server
For fun, but it is too time consuming. When I dont play I think about the game constantly

I was at that point this summer. even ran a guild
I just dropped it cold turkey and haven't looked back
still think about it every now and then

let the depression eat your passion for vydias
just like me

This OP.
Throw your computer away or give it to a friend/family/etc, endure the suffering the next few days and you're set.

The thing is, I stopped playing this game summer 2014. Now 2 years later I started playing again and I already sleep a lot less. How do I cut it out completle out of my life?

Was anyone else here completely obsessed with video games, then proceeded to get a productive lifestyle and now can't even play games casually?

Cant do that, I am working with my computer

Not op but in the same sitaction,
what do I do in my free time then??

You're gonna need to be harsh on yourself and severely limit your play. Spending time on games, and caring about them enough that you think about them when you're not playing is fine too. But you gotta tone it down since you know it's interfering with the rest of your life.

MMOs can be extra addicting because they have the community aspect. Try to only go on once a week and treat yourself to a long play session but then that's it.

Or you could quit cold turkey and play games that are much less of a time sink. I love single-player games like Hotline Miami where you can play for 5-30 minutes and call it quits any time you feel like.

when you find something more important to you, it won't even be a discussion. you'll just do it.

Suffer, basically. It's only for a while though.
You'll eventually find other things to do.

I really want to quit cold turkey. But how do I stop the desires to play the game and the thoughts about it??

the desire will always be there.
you need either an iron will, eliminate access to the game, minimize free time so you always have something else to do

play some harder games.

>tfw absolutely fucking HATE playing Dark Souls III

>play what totals to maybe an hour a week
>literally die 15 times, progress maybe 10 minutes into the story each time
>took me almost 3 months to finish Dark Souls 1 and i played nothing else during that time

god fucking damn that game. I love it though.
prior to playing the souls series i was addicted to Dota 2, would play ~9 hrs a day minimum.

I'm in the same boat as you brother, trying to quit gaming. You really take it one day at a time. This morning I woke up and didn't even turn my computer on.

Here's a heads up; you are going to be bored out of your fucking mind for the first month. You have to accept that. Sit down and drink tea for an hour. Go for a walk. Shave your pubic hair. Take a bath. ANYTHING besides logging into the mmo.

Think about the MMO for a second and what your goals are. Think about how meaningless they are. X item, Y experience, Z quest. You are not missing anything. You may think you are tight with your internet friends, but trust me, internet friends aren't forever.

>X item, Y experience, Z quest
This is what I am thinking about the most.
Thank you all for your advices. Im going to deinstall the game and quit cold turkey.

After logging 9 days into FFXIV and dropping to 185 lbs I decided it was time to change and I did. I sold my gaming pc, my ps4 and all my games. I bought a chromebook that can't run shit and a library card.

The trick is making sure your time is filled. I still want to play games sometimes, and when I have nothing else to do is when it's the worst. Last night I almost went to Target to get a 3DS out of nowhere. It's not easy, but it gets easier and as long as you do your best to keep busy it isn't impossible.

Also, maybe moderation is your thing. Give that a try first. I quit cold turkey because I learned I either spend all my time gaming or I spend all my time doing nothing and wishing I was gaming instead. Godspeed user.

omg yes it isn't even fun anymore ;_;

Gonna give you my story op and hope it helps you out

>High school
>Get home from school and play minimum 5 hours of Minecraft every day.
>Still played lots of sports but lost sleep over it
>Friend introduced me to disc golf (yeah it's not super manly idgaf
>Became super addicted, now put all of my time into playing disc golf instead of video games
>In nature all the time meet new people at the course, socialize with other people, mad calf gains from walking so much

I dunno op try some different shit until you find something you really like. With the time change and shorter days I can only play on weekends. I almost resorted back to video games but decided to go back to the gym during the week.

You can do it op
>

Replace with a good habit. Transmute darkness into light. You have the power.

I'm playing Dota 2 about 10 hours a day.

Most of the time I don't even like it.

Help me.

Remove your graphics card, and give it to a friend. My graphics card died during my freshman year, and I never replaced it. Now I'm nearly done my MSc, and haven't vidyaed alone since.

my mum washed my mouth with soap after i snuck my gameboy into my room to play pokemon blue.

haven't played vidya since. you could try that.

Positive punishment
Is your mom a psychologist
I might do the same thing if I have kids next time (we're all going to make it)

Somebody post than pic of smug pepe in the gym pease
Also, check these

There, i earned it
POAST THAT PEPE FAMSU