Daddy fitness

Well fit I just found out that at the tender age of 26 I'm going to be a father. I'm wondering if any other fathers here can give me some advice for staying fit and strong when you have a newborn? I'm not an athlete anymore but I would like to retain some the gains I have made since I started seriously lifting

I was a pro boxer/MT fighter for a few years so motivation isn't a problem, I just want to know how you all balanced fitness and fatherhood.

Other urls found in this thread:

mensjournal.com/health-fitness/health/having-children-can-lower-testosterone-in-men-20150106
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

so you are a professional but you don't know how to workout?

No I know how to workout, as I said I want to hear how other people managed to make time for exercise when they have a baby

Congrats mate. Being a dad is an amazing job. You'll have to learn how to manage your time better with a kid and you'll also learn that you've been sleeping waaaaay more than you actually need to. either get up early and workout or wait until your baby sleeps and squeeze one in. You'll have time to work out a routine that suits but don't get lazy and use having a child a an excuse. It's weak

Get a home gym. Get a bench and bar, some weights. Gym rings if you do pull up and dips. Shouldn't be too expensive. Congratulations and good luck.

>I'm wondering if any other fathers here can give me some advice for staying fit and strong when you have a newborn?
make a gym at home, if you are positive that you want to start lifting it's worth it in the long run. you can get quite some deals on used equipment on various sites.

having a kid will drain you of your life so going to the gym for the first year or two will be almost impossible in addition to going to work.

Thanks for the advice and congrats, anons. Sounds like home gym is the way to go, finally joining the masterrace

try to avoid spending too much time around the kid

mensjournal.com/health-fitness/health/having-children-can-lower-testosterone-in-men-20150106

'Alarger studypublished in 2011 backs up this finding, showing that men whosettled down with children experienced larger plummets in testosterone than their bachelor friends (who experienced only the normal, age-related decline). Following up with the men several years later, the researchers found that when a father increased his involvement in childcare, his testosterone went down, while if he decreased his care giving, it went up.'

so yerh try and let the mother do the mothering jobs and just do the provider in a Victorian style arrangement

Make time, when you're not taking care of your wife's son, take a walk.
Ask your wife to take care of her son for a while.

>in a Victorian style arrangement

Because that guaranteed happy, stable offspring using their full potential in life.

lol if it was "my wife's son" I would not be hanging around

Yeah let me just emotionally neglect my child so I can maybe retain a bit of muscle a little longer into my 30's/40's. The rest of my lifestyle should balance out any test drop

>lol if it was "my wife's son" I would not be hanging around

You better doublecheck m8

Obviously you aren't reading enough, incel, or you'd have understood his post.

Its over congrats

Don't even bother working out, just buy a toolbox and you officially qualify for DADSTRENGTH.

You people bitch about sjws taking jokes seriously but then you go and take obvious b8 like this

he said 'how do I keep my gains' not 'how do I raise emotionally stable offspring'

kek

>implying there is no real possibility that this isn't his child

Knowing this board it probably isnt

eat your kid for protein
he's still young so his parts grow back which means unlimited sources of protons as long g as you feed him

If I ever have kids, I will sacrifice my test to spend time with them. I wish my dad had for me.

Run with the kid in a BOB stroller. That's what got me started 7 years ago and never looked back. 2 kids later I still get my 4 mile runs in 3 -4 days a week now that they are in school.
Good luck and enjoy