What are the pros and cons of calisthenics versus lifting...

What are the pros and cons of calisthenics versus lifting? will a calisthenics routine make me more athletic and suited to sports etc compared to doing ICF 5x5? should I just lift and get as big as possible and stop being autistic? Or should I buy a power tower and become a lean bruce lee looking motherfucker

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xJBqbv8GRZ4
youtube.com/watch?v=Q69nII2xTXk
youtube.com/watch?v=Gx45nUETmIA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm also looking to taking up boxing and/or joining the military so I want to be built for that

bump

Calisthenic training isn't linear, and requires more dedication to see results. It's used a lot in martial arts to develop "explosive" power, but you should also train with weights as well.
I'd say calisthenics are the way to go if you wanna box or look like breeze loo

didnt mike tyson also only do calisthenics and running? he was a pretty bigboi

bump

Can't even find a proper calisthenics routine for bigginers..

youtube.com/watch?v=xJBqbv8GRZ4

>Tyson
>Natty

pick one

If you're gonna go military just do pushups (normals and diamonds at the very least), pullups, situps, flutter kicks (4-count), and burpees for starters. Throw in some running and/or swimming.

It's probably better to lift if you're not going into military.

Go to Reddit bodyweight fitness and do their "recommended routine"

god tier stabilizers

slower gains

free

>reddit

>tfw can do both for best of both worlds

any pics of calisthenics natty limit and lifting natty limit?

I don't have pick, but maybe this video is good enough?

youtube.com/watch?v=Q69nII2xTXk

>not linear
You serious bro? Do you know about the progressions developed to master certain holds and movements like planche, front lever, muscle up, one handed pullup etc? Reduced leverage = increased work output. It may not be as clearly cut as adding weight slowly but it is still linear progression.

Yes reddit because this place is a shithole. Are you still below 18yo and have some unwarranted grudge against reddit?

Paragraph per paragraph the any wiki on reddit is more useful than the garbage you see here. I come here to shitpost as should you, only a moron would come to Veeky Forums and take something life altering like diet and exercise tips from neets and community college "trainer bachelor".

It's linear.
It's just not accessible.
There's no online place that has a completely accurate guide to calisthenics. They all leave a massive gap of information missing.

it's pretty straightforward with some creativity
i broke it up into push/pull/legs
push days are: ring dips, elevated handstand pushups, planche progression
pull days: pullup variations (weighted, one handed), lever progressions
legs: pistol squats, shrimp squats, box jumps
I just feel it out, I don't have any strict guideline but if I'm feeling weak I will just do the basic movements without pushing too hard, if I'm feeling strong I'll push the progression, up the weight or do more
ABCxABCx
it's been working great

>Redit is utter dog shit filled with 6 people who actually lift and 10,000 people who have a gym membership

how does this bullshit not absolutely fuck up your joints and shit?

>can be done anywhere no need for gym
>looks impressive
>meditative i feel some sort of peace when i do bodyweight training
The biggest con is being constantly made fun of because you dont bench 220 but the again not one of those guys can do a one handed elevated push up or raied hand stand push up for 10 reps

Just get creative with focusing more one one handed exercise if you can do pull ups try to progressive let one hand go.
I have been working on one handed chibs for a month and know when i went back to my 5 rep max of wieghted chins 60 pounds they where a joke

breeze loo lifted though.

reddit stickies are fine, as is Veeky Forums's

if you think reddit is in any way not as abject of a shithole, you're a fucking retard and I hope you drop a barbell on your throat

Sure, it's progression.
Just not linear progression.

Pros: Cheap

Cons: You will be a dorito on stilts

Lol, i like that aesthetic to be honest, as long as you have some amount leg and arm muscle

Pros: Cheap
You will be a dorito on stilts

Cons: You will validate your shit taste

Always felt you need a healthy balance. Caisthenics on its own just seems flashy to me.
While this isnt science here is what happens when calisthenics goes up against a powerlifter.
Powerlifter just seemed to have more uhh power.
youtube.com/watch?v=Gx45nUETmIA

you progress SUPER slowly

Mastering GST is goat, sadly that one torrent I lost link to.

Isn't that a series? And a long one?