25 years old

>25 years old
>still have acne

I shower 1x a day and wash my face 3x a day with a facial cleasner I bought, but I see little improvement. What should I eat/stay away from, and just generally do to keep a clean face? Don't really want to go to the Doctor for this, have to pay out of pocket

Other urls found in this thread:

ergo-log.com/vitamin-b5-acne.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You just have the wrong kind of bacteria in you skin

Try accutane or whatever. You're going to need to go to a doctor, so stop being a cuck about it. Doctor or acne, your choice.

heard keto helped some people with acne. tried that yet?

My doctor said I jave to try 3 different kinds of antibiotics before accutane. Is this true?

Vitamin A you stupid fucks, then antibiotics

If all else fails accutane

Firstly, washing your face that many times per day does more harm than good. You're just drying your face out, which leads to even more acne. Secondly, you really should jump on accutane. I did it and I didn't even have much acne. As a matter of fact, some of my friends who I meet every day said that they had never seen a pimple on my face. I did however jump on accutane because it was seriously fucking with my selfesteem. I'd advice you to do the same, regardless of how much acne you have.

When I had acne, none of the treatments worked. Asked advice from my mother (fountain of all wisdom), she told me to wash my face mornings and evenings with only water and change my pillowcase every night to get rid of the night before's oils pooling on my pillow. That shit cleared up like nobody's business.

Stop all sugar intake, fresh towel over your pillow every single night

I had issues with acne most of my life, especially blackheads on my nose.

I read on another forum that someone in a similar situation just started washing their face with cold water and nothing else and it cleared their face up.

I tried it and guess what, worked for me too. Face is nice and clear now and the blackheads have gone too.

Give it a try OP, some people's faces produce an oil that hot water gets rid of and makes matters worse.

I don't think you HAVE to, but it's definitely a good idea. I went minocycline-->ampicillin-->bactrim, and the bactrim finally made my skin clear up so I didn't even have to do accutane

This is what cleared mine:
Clean linen on pillow every night
Drink water and white tea
Avoid soda and milk
Only eat cheese on rare occasions
Eat more fruit
Vitamin D and Zinc suppliments
Cetaphil

Wala

stop touching your face

>Using chemicals will make my skin better.

Just use water. I haven't used any soap or shampoo or anything on my body for years and my skin is flawless. This shit is kinda like the pharmaceuticals making diseasea and cures conspiracy meme but it works.

Currently doing all that except for the last 2 and it is helping. Will get some zinc soon aswell

this, this shit is the closest thing to magic in the modern world

Doesn't accutane fuck you over for life?

Nah it's gotten better since the 90's and early 00's when it was the drug everyone was too scared to take. Most you're going to experience is an incredibly dry face and being really irritable.

do you eat nuts? peanuts, walnuts, almonds, cashews etc can cause bad acne.

>Avoid dairy products except for yogurt
>Avoid nuts
>Avoid fast food, greasy food, and food with tons of fat in it
>As everyone says, JUST CHANGE YOUR PILLOWCASES AND TOWELS BRO XDXDXDXDXDXDXD
>Drink tea
>Eat a lot of probiotic foods (yogurt, sauerkraut, tempeh, miso soup, etc)
>If you drink, drink dry red wine. It's really good for your skin and helps clear acne for some people.
>If the diet changes still don't work, try a healthy vegan diet. I've heard many people say that it works.
>Wash twice a day with maximum strength acne wash with salicylic acid.
>After you wash, use a stridex pad or something similar
>Oddly enough, after the stridex pad you need to moisturize your face. If you don't, your skin will compensate for moisture by producing tons of oil, which bacteria grow in. Find a non-comodogenic moisturizer that won't break you out. Bonus points if you use a moisturizer with sunscreen during the day.
>Wash your hands before you do your skin care routine.
>Try to avoid touching your face.
>Eat more fruit.

im from denmark and you may be a troll. Try leaving your bridge and getting some sunlight from time to time.

WALNUTS, PEANUTS, PINEAPPLE SMELLS

>be me
>27
>had acne until summer 2016
>had enough
>doctor prescribe me dat sweet accutane
>fast forwars to this day
>not a single fuckin pimple zit or rash to be seen
>feel fantastic senpai

Well.. Those few side effects:
>dry lips, no joke have to moisturize every hour
>slight aches in my knee joints and back
>eyes feel like theyre drying out, bright lights and wind fuck my shit up bad
>nosebleed when I blow my nose.. Every. Fucking. Time
>dry nose

Still, cant recommend enough. GET YOUR ACNE DONE

Oh and I still need to eat this shit for 1.5 months

This is going to sound crazy, but hear me out: shower and wash less.

The more you wash the more aggravated your skin gets. You should aim for a maximum of 3 showers a week.

Other things that help:

>Drink plenty of water
>Avoid washing your face with bar soap. use a wash that has moisturizer in it.
>Supplement with Vitamin D if you can't get sun often.
>When you wash your face use cold water
>Change your pillowcase often

Aside from good hygiene and diet start taking a high dose of pantothenic acid (vitamin B5) every day. At least a gram. This will help a lot in reducing oil production its amazing. Don't use Acutane.

stop eating gluten
would be a good idea to check yourself which allergies do you have as well

Are the side effects of accutane permanent, or is it just an "endure a few weeks/months of suffering for a lifetime of no acne breh" thing?

1. Use 'Ivory' on your face. Wash in the morning and before going to bed.
2. Do not scrub. Gently lather.
3. Try your very best to never, ever, ever touch your face throughout the day.

Listen to me OP.
I am 18 years old and have had fucking acne since I was like 12.
Trust me on this one.
Don't use a powerful cleanser on your face 3 times a day, that will just fuck you up, use it maybe once a week.
Wash your face with a neutral soap a couple times a day, if it doesn't have any perfume, that's even better.
Avoid touching your face
Drink water

go on pubmed and type diet acne, dairy acne, and such.

it boils down to pic related and your genetics

start an elimination diet beginning with dairy, then go on to carbs (in particular sugar), then vegetable oils.

good luck

i have troublem with acne too, doctors wouldnt give me accutane so i said fuck this shit and ordered it online and my god the best thing to ever happen to me.

This is what worked for me:

1 raw egg in the morning, EVERY day for two weeks. (Rest a week and repeat)

I dont know why, a familiar told me to try this since i had a very ugly acné (i still have a little on my back). I dont know the science behind, but it was Magic. I tried every doctor, med, gel, you name it.
In a month i was a new person, and stopped with the raw egg thing.

Weird, maybe somebody can provide some insight?

Ps: during the raw egg period, i had an extra punch in energy. I notice a big difference since i was doing cardio all week (fútbol básquet taekwondo swimming voley). Weird

Hope it helps

Eggs have b vitamins and fats. Fantastic for nutrition. I take 3 in my protein shakes

I miss the old 64 days

Eat healthy.
Means 5 serving of vegs each day. Ideally more.

Only wash with water in the morning.
Use mild cleanser, cetaphil, cerave, or hada labo.

Change your pillow case everyday.

If they don't work, ask again here.

raw eggs are not good for you, rocky balboa is a meme, the uncooked proteins bind to biotin in your body and prevents gluconeogenesis

Almost rid of my acne, but it obviously looks far worse after a workout.
1) Change your detergent, shampoo, and body wash to fragrance free
2) Apply fragrance free lotion twice a day
3) Change clothes, sheets, towels, and pillowcases daily
4) Wash your hands, don't touch your body, especially not your face, and don't pick at your acne. If you have to pop a huge one, get a needle, apply hydrogen peroxide.
Rule of thumb is that a treatment takes 6 weeks to take affect, but I noticed an improvement immediately, and I break out if I put my face against something with fragranced detergent.

Everybody is different, but Retin-A and Clindamyacin made my skin worse. The best skin I've ever had was when I was downing 1/2 gallon of whole milk a day, and got worse after 6 weeks of no dairy, so for me my diet didn't matter.

And what could be the relation with acné? I'm curious on how/why this worked for me (super grateful, but still curious)

Use a cover up stick/small amount of makeup and don't pick at your face.
Pretty homo but no one has to know, keeps the ladies from running

I stopped eating so much dairy and sugar.
I dab tea tree oil on pimples to help clear the skin. It's worked pretty well for me. I still get the odd pimple, but it's not like it used to be.

The main thing is I'm taking a more natural route and it sounds like many other people in the thread are who have clearing skin.
I quit using soap on my face instead just using a soft cloth with water two times a day. I also use vegan shampoo and conditioner without the crap in it and
I feel like people with sensitive skin don't handle sodium lauryl sulfate well, so I even use a toothpaste without it or fluoride.

all of these and also you must remember to sacrifice a goat every month

Coincidence.
Or your immune system reacted to the salmonella.

Based salmonella.
Thanks anyway my smug user

I used to have a lot of pimples but after a while it went away and I had okay skin with acne scars still healing. Recently I started breaking out again and it's not going away. I'm 20. Are peanuts really that bad? I recently started eating this peanut butter to cover my fat intake (4 tablespoons a day) also I take a tablet of cod liver oil.

Should I end it?

yeah im not sure the relationship between acne but from a fitness standpoint raw eggs make it difficult for your body to produce glucose

>it affects your mood

what the fuck

I pray to God every evening and I've never had a pimple.
Forget your broscience and witch doctors and do the right thing.

Best skin I've ever had was when I had spinach and broccoli as my main two vegetables, then apples as my only fruit. Afterwards just pick any lean meat that isn't too fatty, but if you're eating fatty/greasy stuff consistently and often that's probably why your skin isn't good. Also, using facial cleanser daily isn't good, try to apply it every other day or something more spaced out.

Peanut butter always makes me break out, so it's possible that it's causing it for you too. Try going without for a few weeks and see if you notice any improvement.

They aren't permanent. I was on it a long time ago and honestly up until this thread or when someone gets all pissy about acne, I forgot I had even taken it before

>shower twice a week, never change pillow sheets, probably been 3 years since I washed my bed sheets, for the most part just remain constantly dirty
>never get acne

Some people are against accutane cause it "makes depressed people kill themselves" or something like that

stop eating refined sugar

>only shower once a day
>scrub your face down with abrasive chemicals three times a day, though
I will never understand this.

Shower when you wake up and before you go to bed; you're asleep and sweating into your sheets and pillow cover for 5-8 hours.
Stop using the face wash all together, unless it's a medicated wash that was prescribed by a doctor at the doctor's recommendation.
Wash your pillow cover and bed sheets much more frequently than you probably aren't doing right now. You change and wash your clothes, sheets aren't any different.
If you can't stop touching your face then wash your hands with just a small amount of soap and water more frequently.
Drink more water. Cut as much sugar-based beverages out of your diet.
Stop eating as much sugar all together. Cutting greasy foods can help but bacteria doesn't grow with grease it grows with sugar (all that extra sugar getting stuck around your mouth and then you wiping it around your face because you can't stop touching it doesn't help things in the least)
If you're going to wash your face, just use water. Avoid non-medicinal, doctor-prescribed cleansers as much as possible. Don't use a ton of soap on your face.
If you wear make-up (male or female), just fucking go easy on it or stop using it all together.

If all of that fails and you've still got big, red, infectious zits then you'll need something like accutane. But try all that other shit first. Changing your life-style is free and usually saves you money in the long run.

try nutrogena oil free acne face wash with grape fruit extract !

Alright will definitely try it. What is a good replacement for it so I can cover my fats?

- Change you pillow case every night to a clean / fresh one
- eat a lot more fruit and veg especially fruits like oranges, pineapple, blueberries etc.
- drink only water
- cut down on dairy and shit food like chocolate etc.
- wash your face only twice a day not three times a day and make sure you're not using soap as it drys out the skin

Drop your oil/fat intake, everything from coconut and olive oil to nuts and animal milk

Yes to allergies, no to "stop eating gluten." That meme needs to fucking die

It's mainly because after 2 weeks-1 month your skin will explode from the inside out. You look like a fucking monster with all that shit coming out from the depths of puss hell. After about a month it starts to heal and you look like a normal being. No more tears, no more acne.

try putting on bentonite clay

Benzoyl Peroxide worked for me.

Wash face with water x2 morning and night and apply afterwards. Wait a few hours if you've shaved.

I actually believe there is a great conspiracy with all these spot treatments and products. As soon as I dropped them all and stuck to the Benzoyl within a few months my shit cleared right up. Years later in my mid 20s I still use it, you skin will become dependent on it.

Only cure I've seen is accutine and I have a sibling who went on it who got some seriously shitty side effects (bleeding gums, chronic back and knee pains) that just keeping up with a regime is fine by me.

People don't give benzoyl a shot because in the first month it will really fuck up your skin, I mean you look fucking horrendous, so people stop. Once your skin gets a tolerance to it the magic will happen.

Tried some tetrycyclines that did fuck all. Basically don't over do the treatment OP, too much can be a bad thing.

>Wala

jesus christ. It's voilà.

reminder for anyone using benzoyl, its not a short term treatment but a long term one because it needs to bring the bad shit to the surface before getting rid of it

make sure you sleep with clean sheets or better yet just get a clean towel on your pillow every night. don't touch your face throughout the day.

use some kind of product. I tried out skin obsession acne stop. It has way more acid in it than normal products like neutrogena or whatever. Like seriously, it will string your face. I used it and everytime my skin would peel in a couple of days.

right now I got bacne I got to deal with. I worked out at night and was tired and sweaty and said fuck it. I woke up the next morning and when I went to take a shower and looked in the mirror I noticed a bunch of pimples and shit. I am so fucking mad now.

>tfw cold sore on my face
>tfw its so big that its from the top part of the top lip to almost in my mouth

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I'm 28 now.
I've had back and shoulder acne since at least my early teens.

It wasn't until this year that I found out that it's caused by gluten intolerance. Switched to a gluten free diet and it cleared up within 6 weeks.

Unfortunately it's sometimes annoying, and I'm considering just killing that crap with accutane and not give a shit, but I'm not quite sure whether it's a good idea to poison myself to be able to consume another poison.

I suggest curology.com

I had acne like OP's pic, and now it's much better, albeit not completely gone.

My routine is:
2% Pyrithione Zinc Noble Soap

AHA Red Box Stridex

Curology Medication (0.018% tretinoin, 1% Clindamycin, 7% Azelaic Acid)

CeRave Moisturizer in Tub

I've been doing this for almost 2 years now. Curology is a godsend if you don't want to go to a doctor.

if you're drinking milk often, make sure it is whole, 2% absolutely can cause flare ups

I recently got over a breakout, still have a few remnants here and there

what's worse is the dark mark left afterward, my skin is smooth but when you look at it, I have dark spots almost everywhere, where the acne was

I know it will takes months for these to fade, if at all, any way I can speed up the process?

you can try a face mask

Go see a dermatologist. I put it off for years cause my skin wasn't TOO bad, but I'm glad I eventually did.

Can't absorb the protein if uncooked you boob, look that up on examine

>detox

>nuts cause acne

anyone have experience with this? I eat so much pb/peanuts in a day for bulking, never considered it would be causing me to breakout. Maybe i'll give it a week without and see.

>Maxium strenght acne wash
fuck that i tried that once a year ago and woke up with acne scars over with my face all dry and flaky

stop eating carbs, drink NOTHING but water and dear lord dont wash your face 3x a day, and if you shower every day at least dont use soap every day. Thats not good.

Btw, tomatoes are literally god-tier for ones skin.

try a cold shower twice a day

Go to a doctor. You will try antibiotics and possibly a cream. If that fails, accutane. If that fails, you lose at life

lower sugar, salt and greasy food intake
drink lots of water
avoid dairy
accutane

I have Seborrheic dermatitis any advice

Listen to these user's or OR follow and take accutane. IMO its worth it. horrible acne still at 21 and after 3 months of accutane It was all gone. I can't tell you enough how happy i am now that it worked for me. but to each their own.

Anyone know if the Laser treatment or the dermaroller works for the scars ?

That's must foul

I only ever get acne on my shoulder blades. How do i get rid of that?

for me it was
1.drop the soda for good
2.eat veggies and fruits
3.eat cheese rarely
4.no sweets unless special occasion
5.eat less processed foods
6.try to have a bowl movement at least once a day
7.i use benzoyl peroxide 2.5% nutrogena
8.drink water every day
9.no fried foods and no greasy foods (unless special occasions)
10. creams for the face (make sure it's natural)
11. exercise often
12.and most importantly STOP touching and picking the face. had a problem with that one.

Every ones skin type is different, giving this advice to OP who has obviously tried something like that doesn't help

I would disagree about avoiding chemicals all together, just be very mindful about what the product contains (alcohol for example)

ergo-log.com/vitamin-b5-acne.html

Try vitamin B5.

Also, I wouldn't wash my skin so much, it will make your skin get fatty faster. I never wash my face anymore and I don't even wash my hair with shampoo, my skin and hair is always nice. Dont fall for the cosmetic jew, our skin is made to work without the help of some chemicals everyday.

>wash my face 3x a day with a facial cleasner I bought
So 3 times a day you remove all the natural oils on your skin and you're surprised you get dirt in your pores.

Stop washing your face. In the shower you can look up and let water rinse off anything there but stop using soaps, facial cleaners and anything else that removes the NATURAL god damn protection your skin has.

>obviously tried something like that doesn't help
Making baseless assumptions like you are doesnt help.

biggest factors for me were cutting out all diary this shit causes large deep cyctic acne on my back and sholders and its painful as fuck, I'll 100% never touch it again
sugar foods or drinks
clean pillowcase/linen

>Wala
I thought everyone had forgotten this meme, well done.

You just need to fix your liver, bro.

Eat goat liver everyday to replace your liver's cells, works well. Also boosts your immunity and test levels.

just bee yourself

Hot flames worked wonders for me. I regret never taking a before photo, and I used to avoid photons since i looked so shit so nothing to compare it too.

My method was to use a hot flame on the skin, specifically a wood fire in an old oildrum. Just make sure to cover your hair since it will burn easily. The way I did it after a lot of trail and error was to use a square of heat resistant material (it was some fibre glass or plastic shit I got at the hardware store), cut a hole in it about 5cm wide, then hold it against my face so that I only heat up that small circle at a time. Do it till the pain becomes too much (you wont damage the skin before then), repeat till the whole face is done, then repeat every day or second day.

It took me about 3 weeks till all my acne was gone and another week till It stopped being red.

Get some Defense Soap, it's got essential oils like Tea Tree and Eucalyptus that might help with certain skin issues.

You may think this is nasty as fuck but w/e.

I was in the Marines for a while.with the grunts and at one point we went for 2 months without a chance to bathe in Astan. I had dandruff and occasional acne at this point. Anyways I realized about 4 weeks into the Pajeet-level period that all that had cleared up. I think I was washing all the oil out of my skin and hair before. So now I never wash my face with anything other than warm water and I only use conditioners once every week or so or if my hair smells. Give it a shot.

this
although my acne resolved by cold showers and not using any products on my head

And instantly noticed a lot less inflammation. They are still there but they actually shrunk and reduced redness over night. First night since I stopped eating it
I've always used pic related and changed my sheets/pillow case for good measure so I'm sure that helped too