In university gym today

>in university gym today
>diddlyliftin 425 for reps
>using rubber plates for the first two pl, metal plates for the second two
>gym supervisor comes over and asks me to switch to all rubber plates, prevent floor damage
>"yeah, sure, no problem."
>make the switch, begin chalking up for next set
>supervisor comes over again after set is finished
>"could you clean up your chalk after youre done? would be a lot less work for the staff here."
>"oh, i didnt even think about that. yeah, sure."
>finish deadlifts
>clean up chalk
>do rest of workout
>back to dorm, post on zimbabwean spetzel-making forum

so, Veeky Forums, how beta am i?

Not beta at all, you were being polite. Good job, OP.

if you're using chalk you better be going double overhand you gaylord

I mean that's pretty chill they even let you use chalk if you're not an autist and leave a huge mess.
My school gym just outlawed it completely
Now we have to use this liquid chalk bullshit

What's the fucking point of gym staff then? What a shit gym.

you were sperglord from the start by not doing it before being told

>fucking millennials

take your friend on the way out

>platforms for lifting were made for deadlifts
>school ordered them brand new last semester

and i was being an autist by thinking they might be sturdy enough for metal plates? i mean, sure, it might scratch them, but it wouldnt be too big a deal, surely.

also i clean up my chalk whenever i use it in there (which is only for deadlifts).

the most cringeworthy part of that story is that you felt the need to include the amount of weight you were lifting

if you use chalk outside of a crossfit, powerlifting, or weightlifting gym, you need to clean up after yourself. get a chalk ball instead of loose chalk, it's less mess.

i do use a chalk ball, it ends up creating some dust on the floor/around the bar though.

thought it was good reference to why i was using metal plates. racks at my gym only have two sets of rubber plates, so i used the metal ones because i didnt want to snag extra rubber ones from another rack while the gym was busy

Of course the platform can take getting some iron plates dropped on them.

The only problem I can see is the noise and possible damage to the plates if they're really shit quality.

Cleaning up the chalk is bullshit though, what the fuck is the point of cleaners if not?

>tfw

Diddly lift platforms are made for diddly lifts. The tiny bit of chalk that comes off the hand should be cleaned up by gym staff. Besides cleanup, what's the fuckin point of them being there otherwise?

You're fine, you did what you were supposed to do without being asked anyway.

>guy in my gym yesterday deadlifting 1pl8
>he slams the weights on the floor after every rep
>it's almost as if he wants to make that much noise

fucking this

Where's your gym at?

>"could you clean up your chalk after youre done? would be a lot less work for the staff here."

>would be a lot less work for the staff here

>less work for staff

Why do they even have staff in the first place. Why are you even paying the gym, if the staff doesn't maintain it?

I would do my best not to make a mess, but if it happens the janitor can clean that shit.

>Two 30-something guys walk into gym.
>Full on compression clothing, belts, shakers full of pink stuff, carrying invisible melons.
>They obviously roid.
>Load 40kg, those old-school black iron weights.
>Put it on floor with only minimal padding, usually that's where people warm-up.
>???
>They start taking turns doing cleans, 30+ reps.
>Slam weights full force into floor after every rep, they put more effort into this than on actually lifting that shit.
>Mirror in front of them almost breaks, peoples bottles tip-over all over the gym.
>After a while they forgo the whole "doing cleans" part and just concentrate on slamming the weight.
>Scream and growl the whole time.
>Resident gym rats look at them in bewilderment, ask them what they are doing:
>"Full body bro, train both vertical push and press at the same time, max fiber damage, yada-yada."
Never saw them again, probably got banned.

This, tbqh.

I do double overhand out of principle

I would have just left. Literally his job, don't be a beta next time. You could still say "yeah sure" then just leave when you're done

This

skelly wrists here, how tf can i double overhand anything about 315? just train more grip?

You're MEGA beta because you thought being polite was beta, that's the true sign of a beta faggot.
Insecure dumbass.

Yeah.

Do lockoffs and holds at 80% of your grip max for as long as you can for ten singles.

Rest 1 minute between each.

Do this the day after your actual deadlifting day.

This ensures that you hit the support grip hard while not doing anything too taxing for the rest of your body.

why double overhand anything above 2 pl8?
It's just gonna mean you have less control than if you were doing mixed grip

>Mixed grip

For women only due to their teeny tiny hands

Or manlets. I'm definitely, totally not one. Just saying.

My progression is at 305 for do but for the life of me I cant grip that for more than 3 reps. Is it ok to start using straps for progressions sake, as long as I do grip strength stuff? Or will this fuck my overall strength?

>Is it ok to start using straps for progressions sake, as long as I do grip strength stuff?
its a necessity you dyel, either that or change your grip to mix or hook

I use hooked grip with chalk is that bad

What the fuck is the point of doing double overhand?
If there is literally NO benefit other than "Hurr durr no grop strength manlet using mixed" then you're an insecure faggot.

I like the grip strength it gives me.

Plus, I don't like the idea of spinal torsion.

If it ever gets too heavy for raw DO I may use straps, but it's just a non-issue for me.

What the fuck is the point of lifting heavy?
If there is letrally NO benefit other than"Hurr durr no funtus strength manlet rom" then you're an insecure faggot.

>deadlifting
>go grab 2 plates that are taller than the others os it's easier ot load the rest of the plates
>warming up with just the bar
>some OCD fucker comes in with his beaner gf and starts putting all the weights away for the entire gym
>goes and puts weights on the squat rack while some dude is mid squatting
>while resting in front of bar the dude starts trying to take my plates I put to the side, tell him I'm using them
>"You going to put them back over there?"
>yeah, then go back to warming up thinking that's the end of it
>notice some jackass is putting all the 45s on the legpress machine and doing 1/18th rep range
>go and grab some 45s just so he doesn't hoard them all
>warming up with 1 plate when OCD guy comes back again and takes the plates i put aside
>Yo I'm using that
>"Well you're not using them now"
>tf
>literally ignore his ass and put them back where I put them
>right before I lift off on my deadlift this motherfucker comes back and puts the plats away again

What the fuck is wrong with these people?

lifting heavy progresses you, doing an inferior grip just so you can say you use an inferior grip makes no sense

Jesus.

>Why do you think I'm paying the staff with my monthly subscription?

This isn't even something ballsy to say, it's the actual reasonable answer. You pay them FOR this. You actually pay them to maintain the gym for you. It's not even something that should require T or alpha to reply, it's literally a contractual obligation.

>dyel triggered by OPs lifts

use three steps senpai

less chance of tearing your bicep.
build upper back equally, rather than uneven with the mixed grip

used to have a friend like that, we unironically called him the gains goblin in my friend group

what am i looking at

None of you can even deadlift 3pl8

nice meme

>weightlifting gym
So basically every gym?

>doing incline dumbell press
>do a drop set
>start struggling on beta weight
>Mid fourties jacked dude randomly starts spotting me without a word. Not happened before or since, never spoke to him
>Dude looks like a labourer who's been going to the gym 2 hours a day every day for 20 years
>How does he have dat ass through sweatpants.. no homo
>Finish up my drop set with his help
>T-thanks senpai
>nods goes back to curling more than I was pressing (post drop)
>confirmed beta

Maybe he saw a little bit of himself in you

>Maybe he wanted a little bit of himself in you
fixed

Cal poly

Underrated af