Don't bother going to the gym unless you have your diet under control...

Don't bother going to the gym unless you have your diet under control. I tried going to the gym on and off for the past 3 years and what's stopping me isn't because I keep eating too much it's because I don't eat enough. So long as you can't keep your diet in control, going to the gym will only hurt your body due to a lack of proper food intake.

Same principle applies if you're a fat because you eat too much filler food. E.g. Cheesecake.

Dieting is a placebo.

You think you can get away with eating takeaway everyday?

Theres no way you can eat the same shit everyday. You literally need at least 28 indivudual recipes (4 meals a day for 7 days) under your belt before you can be confident with your diet. And 28 is the minimum.

You think you can make 28 individual recipes with just a pan and a wok? I dont even use a wok you asian. Ill have to buy a wok for stir fry recipes. Ill also have to buy a baking dish for casserole recipes and a crockpot for braised dishes.

Im sorry no one can eat simple pasta, and boiled chicken, and some lame ass sandwich and leave it at that. Anyone who's lifting long enough to be a successful lifter is literally an amateur chef at that point.

Tfw this is me. How can i lift if I don't eat the right food?

Seriously, skellys. How the fuck do you do it. Food is literally the most pleasurable thing there is on this Earth. How on Earth did you manage to fuck up your brains enough to reject the most basic of human pleasures, and how do I replicate that.

You can lift you just won't see gains.

If you're worried about getting calories, just buy mass gainer or something.

You'll get decent noob gains no matter what at the beginning though, as long as your protein intake isn't shit.

I think you're exaggerating you fst fuck. Do you know it's possible for a person to enjoy meeting new people without feeling nervous? They exist and I can't wrap my head around it too. Us skellies were simply brought up by a piece of shit lazy mother so we never made the association with pleasure and eating

pretty accurate

>tried
>on and off
it's not your diet that's stopping your gains

Ill take your bait. So you're saying i should keep lifting while on a shitty diet?

>So long as you can't keep your diet in control, going to the gym will only hurt your body due to a lack of proper food intake.
Well I agreed with everything you said until you made this statement, people can't necessary hurt themselves in the gym from poor eating habit/not eating enough as long as that person knows proper form. At least going to the gym is better than nothing. But yes, food is the ultimate key for gains
I ate big mac very often when I was natty for that calories and I was still able to make gains while staying natty so it depends.

Unless If that person is like anorexic dying skelle then maybe he might snap some shit lol

skinnyfat here. I have a habit of eating a lot but its kept in check by my job (walking and rushing to places in a containment suit, sometimes running a mile or two in the suit carrying 50 - 60 lbs). Needless to say it's basically working in a sweatsuit all day which is gross but its a decent gig. My job has me beat at the end of the day or beat midday and craving something terrible to much on like a greasy af pizza from the cafeteria or cookies that are oily to the touch.

Anyways I decided I don't want to be a lifeless corpse drained of energy at the end of the day, and got a gym membership. So about good eating, how and when do you guys eat for good energy throughout the day? Obvs I know I need to avoid the cafeteria food and plan to start packing a lunch, but whats affordable and beneficial for a wannabe gym rat?

how hard is it to eat your bodyweight in protein? the carbs should come easily

Cheesecake if fucking delicious though.

You can get good shit at a cafeteria. Pro tip; it's the boring, plain shit. Fruits, vegetables, grains, etc.

I wonder if you can count the number of ingredients in a dish if I threw a plate of it at your head

Fruits and vegetables has little calories, vegetables even more so. You want vitamins and minerals ao bad? Just take a multi. You want fibre? Buy them.

I can understand fruit because they have water content and gives you energy but vegetables are absolutely redundant these days.

Ofc i could

>crockpot
It's a meme tool, you can simply use a pot to slow cook shit, and you can use the pot for other diverse things too.

>not buying rich piama's premade meals

Can you help me? I've been working out for about two months and have barely made any gains at all. About two weeks in i started working on my diet and only eat 1900 calories a day. I'm not sure if i should be cutting or not. Im currently 146 pounds but am skinny fat (have a belly) and would like to get rid of it.

Lastly, is whey a must? I just eat greek yogurt every morning and pistachios as a snack.

he's saying you should go to the gym consistently, you dumb motherfucker

And keep lifting while on a diet with a calorie deficit? Im not eating bread with peanut butter all day. Fuck that shit. A successful lifter needs to be able cook better than most people