Strong lifts OR starting strength

Strong lifts OR starting strength ...

who cares

SS. SL is too much volume

Just pick one, do it right and eat right. You'll see progress either way.

1/2/3/4 is your answer...GTFO AND GO TO THE GYM

Haven't seen this gif in years kek

GSLP

THIS
HIST
ISTH
STHI

This desu senpai

Dyels

Word filter test
Tb h -- desu
Fa m -- senpai
Sm h -- baka
Tbh baka senpai

SS

If you don't include the power clean, you're just going to look and feel good.

If you utilize the power clean, you're going to perform great as well.

SS is great. There are more complex programs. But building a foundation is critical. SS + calisthenics and some dumbbell work is an ideal starting program.

GSLP is better once you have your bearings. SS is just more simple.

SS is the most efficient for building muscle and functional strength for a novice.
Three 3x5 main lifts/day plus pullups/chinups and you're done.

SL is needless extra volume though it's still a decent program, especially if you respond well to volume.

GSLP throws in needless stuff that novices want to do but aren't really worth it.

But the real answer is run SS for 3 to 4 months by the book, then add/subtract exercises as needed (but don't get rid of the big 4)

too much volume? its only 5x5 until your second deload, then its 3x5, less volume than whole milk rippletits

the 5x5 turns into a 3x5 eventually anyways, the fatigue gets too crazy

it's good for learning form tho. either way you'll get strong, just make sure you're doing cips/chins and maybe some bicep curls on fridays or something

Tbh senpai baka

desu

SS is a meme because most people can't do powercleans properly.

Just save yourself the embarrassment and go for SL 5x5, changing to 3x5 once you start to plateau on your lifts.

Shouldn't you be doing more when plateau instead of less?

What do you think plateau means

Correct. The way to beat a plateau is by adding volume to your routine.

Since you cannot increase weight, adding volume is the only tool at your disposal to increase the weight that you push.

Careful not to add too much volume as natties can "overtrain" which will not have the desired impact

If you are new, lurk, and learn. Do not offer advice.

literally who gives a fuck, pick one and get started baka desu senpai

I just did SL with 3x5.
or SS with rows instead of power cleans.
whichever way you want to look at it

SL is a scam made by an amateur. Literally the worst possible starting program.

Now for the age old question. Can you do SS/SL on a cut?

you should be lifting on a cut you turd

I mean "lifting" is still part of the equation obviously

I guess you'll just have slower gains if you are eating at a deficit.

I think he means if you can do the linear progression.

And honestly dude, I can't. I just can't progress every session with the weights they told me I was going to.

My test levels aren't low I don't think, I'm young, I'm a man.

I don't know what's going on.

Is this the n00b thread? I've been doing SL for two months now, starting from skinnyfat. I'm starting with a cut, I feel like I could lose 50 pounds of fat and then start a lean bulk, whereas the alternative of gaining muscle while holding onto the 50 pounds of fat for years does not appeal to me.

The good:
Lower body exercises are making great progress. Next gym trip I will be squatting lmao1pl8, which is a huge step for me since I was just squatting the bar a two months ago and getting DOMS.

I am losing weight. I've only lost 10 pounds so far but I just made small changes like cutting soda and cookies for the first few weeks instead of going full diet mode. I'm happy with my low-calorie, high-protein diet now and should see constant progress.

I feel a shit ton better. Just my attitude about life has changed. I'm working towards something even if I'm just beginning.

The bad:
I don't look any different at all. I still have a gut. I know I'm still a beginner but I just want to stop looking gross.

My overhead press fucking stalled HARD. What the fuck how the fuck am I supposed to push a bar above my head, I haven't made progress in weeks, I still fail to push 60 pounds. I don't know whether I need to be on a bulk so I can get some actual muscle on my shoulder bones, or if I need to supplement shoulders with pull ups etc., or if it's just normal for skellytons to find the OHP challenging and just keep doing what I'm doing, but it's the most frustrating part of the whole experience so far since I'm making progress on everything else.

of course you cant.
Just think about it for a second, if you actually added 2.5kg every single workout, you'd progress 15kg per month on every lift. 30kg on squat :^)
So even if you started with a 40kg bench, youre at 2plate after 4 months.
nah m8, nah, doesnt happen.

why do we still have this thread daily

it doesn't fucking matter which one you pick, just pick one and stick with it while eating good

Either is fine. But stronglifts is just a reg parks 5x5 and SS knockoff. Doesn't mean the program is bad, it's actually good for a beginner but its creator is a business man, not someone who knows how to program and lift. Take his advice with a grain of salt.

I have a feeling you might not be eating enough protein.
You can't cut and expect to gain much muscle.
Just run the program for 6 months and try not to gain more than like 10lbs if that's important to you.
Focus on getting your numbers up, aesthetics will follow.
For OHP progress is slow as fuck, remember by the time your OHP is 135 your squat will probably be around 300lbs. Keep your whole body stiff, lock your glutes, think of your forearms as pistons and shove the weight up.

Yeah, that doesn't apply to novices who progress linearly every few days.
For example, adding volume does not work in SL, because they already can't recover from 5x5.
Decreasing the volume to 3x5 allows them to recover, extending their linear progression.