I want to do 5x5 bench everytime i hit the gym for the next few weeks. Every second day (48 hrs). Is that too often...

I want to do 5x5 bench everytime i hit the gym for the next few weeks. Every second day (48 hrs). Is that too often, or is it all good? I'm at 150 pounds

>'m at 150 pounds
Did you ever thought that the jews may be at fault for that?

I dont WEIGH 150 pounds. I weigh 207. But I bench 150 pounds with 5x5, if its relevant information

>Did you ever thought that the jews may be at fault for that?
Yes, chemicals in the water and soda fucked up my growth.

WHOOPS this isnt Veeky Forums, this is /pol/ hahah

That's pretty shit. I only weigh 150 lbs and can 3x8 my own body weight.

Every other day is on the high end for hitting just 1 muscle group. If you're sleeping and eating well you could manage it. If so, make sure to work the opposite muscle pair - rows would be good, high pulldowns. Assuming you're doing more than just bench though.

5x5 is a meme

Well at least he's going to the gym

He should work on a 3 day cycle. One day for arms and chest, another for back and core, and a third for legs and dexterity.

No, it's a decent way of hitting strength gains. LP will break down at a certain point, but for someone who is 207 and at 150 bench right now it's right up his ally.

>150 pounds
Fatass

I know it's good that he's going, but if he can only lift that much, he should focus on weight loss first. He should drop to around 170, then work on building strength.

Yeah I hope he is more balance than just bench. OP plz

how helpful

yea I got a good program that does what you just said, but I'm currently in a situation where I'm unable to follow it strictly, so I'm just gonna be improvising for a few weeks, doing whatever I feel like. And if restitution is fast enough for me to be able to do bench every other day, then I really want to bench every time, in addition to the other exercises

5x5 on bench every 48 hours? Only on gear would that be sane. Too taxing on the cns and he wont make any good gains.

I'm 6.4 so ideally I dont think I should be much lighter than 200

I suppose I'll do chest tri shoulders every 4th day then, and legs, back & biceps in between

170 to 180 is an ideal starting weight for you to be at that height. Then you change your weight loss diet to a high protein diet and work on gains. It's too hard to look good AND get strong by starting fat. Trust me, I was 190 lbs at one point, and didn't get the results i wanted till i dieted down to 145 lbs. (For reference, I'm only 5'6", so thats why I added 25 lbs to where you should start from).

I'm 160 and started lifting 3 months ago. I can bench 115 doing 5x5. Pretty shit but then again I'm weak. Thought I would share :)

You should also work on dexterity. Muscles aren't worth much if you can't move them.

3 sets of 8 is better than 5 by 5.

I thought being lighter would limit muscle growth? I used to be super skinny, and I have gained like 25 pounds since i started lifting about a year ago, and I'm concerned that if I lose mass, I'll lose muscles & slow down my growth