Grip Strength

Started SL a few weeks ago and im up to 225lb dl. The weight is still manageable, but I can barely keep hold of the bar. Are there some additional exercises I can do to help my grip strength along? Are pic related any help?

Farmers walks

Hold bar in hand with x weight for y amount of time for z sets

get a wrist roller

that shit will make your fore arms burn

Follow his tips on the SL website. Don't be afraid to drop the bar - don't let the fear of dropping it make you put it down before you finish your five. Your grip strength will progress.

That said, I use lifting hooks for my final set - and straight overhand grip for all others. Mixed grip scares me because of bicep reasons. But don't buy those gay little toys - just deadlift and farmers walks.

Ill clean up my garage and try some farmer walking, thanks guys

Like anons said. Farmer walks and static holds. I alternate between heavy and moderate weight. Ex: 30-60s of moderately heavy farmer walks. later in the week I do static holds of heavy weight. Next week I do heavy farmer walks: 15-25s and later in the weak i do moderate static holds : 45-60s.

what kinda weight are we talking here

You can't hold a 225lb bar? Try over/under grip.

Heavy Hammer curls

I can, but I feel at the rate I am progressing, I wont be able to keep up with grip strength

Captains of crush grippers and rack pulls

Whatever is reasonable for you. Just like any other lift keep adding 10lbs till shit gets too heavy.

Farmer walks I grab the hundred pound DBs and walk them for the moderate walks, for the heavy ones I use the hex bar and slap on like 260lbs. Heavy static holds I use the hex bar as well, 200lbs. But I just began lifting again 3months ago so YMMV

hammer curls
pullups

I bought a set of heavygrips, can close up to 250 lbs. Try those.

Try hook grip.

rdl may help a lot, kills youre grip like crazy. also, farmer walks obviously

>farmer walks

>I can, but I feel at the rate I am progressing, I wont be able to keep up with grip strength
what you do is during your warmup, you stick to double overhand for as heavy as you can, when your grip starts to fail you swap to mixed/hook/wraps. that's how you train grip strength without letting it limit your deadlift progression. also get chalk if you haven't already.

The most effective way to increase grip strength in deadlifts is doing holding a heavy bar more.
Use a lower weight and hold the bar for anywhere between 5 and 60 seconds.
Squeeze your forearms as hard as possible.

You can also just learn hook grip.