Symmetric strength progress thread

Symmetric strength progress thread
1.5 months lifting, no more purple
>feels good man

i see purple

Bottom is after, top is before

Not doing OHP? you're missing out on the best lift

lmao wtf is wrong with me

Thats only a max of 10 percent in variation, so you're fine. The bars are exaggerated. I had -20% on my squat when I started

yeah i know about the squat its my first month of actually working on it.

What site is that?

Dislocated my shoulders so many times that I had to operate in a couple of screws, but don't know if that's a good excuse for my poor bench that refuses to improve.

-34 symmetry reporting in

youre not even rowing?

why dont u guys row?

>spotted lifts way over unspotted lifts
you're using bearhuggers to spot your squat and rowers to spot your bench

r8 me

FUCK BENCH
;_;

>bad at squat
>good at ohp

I'm the anti Veeky Forums

>1.5 months lifting, no more purple
Lmao what? Kill me pls now

>always skip leg day
:^)

symmetricstrength . com

How long for you? Height/weight?

goddamn chest REEEEE

:(

4 months.

5'9"
62 kg

deadlift is absolute shit and don't know why

finally hit 1pl bench today 3x5 so that felt good

OHP is surprisingly above average too according to this

jesus how is fit so fucking weak?
I thought you guys were supposed to be like body builders or some shit, turns out I was lifting more than all of you when I was 16.
Sorry but they should change the name of this board to /shit/.

user, that's fucked. You need to lay off the squats and deadlift some and get that bench and OHP up. Your bench should be 190 x 5, not 185 x 1. Your OHP should also be up about 10 lbs.

Here's a tip, when you're benching, squeeze the bar in your hands and slightly pull the bar as though you're trying to pull it apart from the middle. Really squeeze as you push out from the bottom and practice your breathing.

Seriously, get that bench up or you'll only further the disparity.

This is the first time I used this site. Seems pretty cool.

Forgot the weights

Wells shit, I can do 205lbs deadlift 1x5 (possibly similar to your 1 rep max), but my bench is only 105lbs.

What the fuck is wrong with me?

Back Squat: 70 kg[Untrained]
Deadlift: 117 kg[Novice]
Bench Press: 58 kg[Untrained]
Overhead Press: 41 kg[Untrained]
Pendlay Row: 52 kg[Untrained]

Lifting ~2 months started with empty bar on everything.... taken a while to get the hang of it but I'm progressing quicker now

No idea why my deadlift is so much better than my other lifts

Been lifting seriously since June. Feel like I've pretty much stalled and am so desperate for 1/2/3/4 1RMs

Eat more if you're under 15% BF

Ayyyy.

I am almost definitely not under 15% bf. I also forgot to post my pic

thanks lad, I was stalling at 1pl8 but then I fixed my technique (was flaring my elbows out too much) and it's been going up steadily since then. usually get 3x4 then 3x5 the next time I try

I feel like I am doing something wrong when I pendlay row, so I don't want to put it on the chart.

How is your bench that low? So confused. Especially since your OHP isn't bad?

Pls b my bf

Are you a grill? If so, that seems normal.

3 months in. Finally managed to get someone to come along to spot my bench and check my form yesterday

>mfw I just started doing bent rows a month ago and I'm already advanced, compared to my other lifts I'm still novice after 6 months

Here's ma shit

can you tell I like deadlifts?

Tits or Auschwitz

that female symmetricalstrength model is SEXY AAAH

BRUH all your fat is on your chest, how//why??

you aren't doing your rows properly

>not realising those are two halves of a brain

It's my terrible gyno

How would you know that? Explain

You're sacrificing form for ease of movement, so it's far easier to lift a higher weight than what you would with better form. Symmetric strength assumed you do it with proper form, so it expected a lower weight.

Nice gyno fuckface

Nah wtf.. I'm doing em good. Firm parallel back,no jerking of the bbarbell, slightly bent knees. Fuck off your gonna ruin my good feels man

Im not even the guy who told you that you have bad form mate, I'm just saying why he probably assumed you did. If it is true, good job mate.

my bench form was shit

also there's a thug af barbell floating around in my gym that weighs more than 50 lbs, I got stuck with it when benching a bunch of times before I realized how heavy it was and it FMSU so I stalled for like a month straight

I know LONDON is tempting, but the average weight capacities for men and women are going to be different. You're fucking retarded if you think she would use the men's model.

My bad.. gonna try a heavier set on back day soon, pretty excited man.

Us grils are weak

How does symmetric strength calculate it, do they average other similar users' stats? Females always have a weak upper body, surely they would take that into account, but my female friend's stats leave her at subpar if she includes the pullup but novice if she doesn't, and this post has intermediate and untrained on the same body with I assume similar attention paid to upper and lower body, just seems inaccurate.

Women have weak bodies period, not just upper body. There's a lot of strength standards charts out there that determine proficiency by height/weight/gender it goes off of those.

If I only put in deadlift and squats, my score is much higher. I've only started training my upper body regularly within the last month, so I think that the result is actually pretty accurate

2 months on SS after taking the summer off to recover from knee pain

>not training your breasts

Well shit... I'm not purple anymore.

4 months

Great job, user.

I think symmetric strength calculates shit weirdly for women. My symmetry score as female is -23. If I put myself as male, I have a symmetry score of 76. Pic related. I posted earlier in the thread, but I increased OHP and deadlifts this week, so I updated it.

It's because women's upper bodies are normally significantly weaker than their lower bodies. Judging by your stats though you're doing bretty gud :DDD

Rate my dogshit stats, been lifting for a few months. Probably due to diet, i try to get enough protein. Really don't enjoy doing squats so i don't push myself doing them. Deadlifts are so sporatic on if i can get a good 5 reps in without my grip giving out. Been getting better with deads and my form is improving. Could definitely do more than i am doing right now, 225 for 5 but don't want to push it.

Bench and OHP have been going well though, got my form sorted out on bench. Want to get to 1pl8 OHP for 5.

u mad?

ayy lma row

Really lagging behind on accessory work

Judging by your weight you started as a skele? I cut from 193 to 170 so I already had a small amount of muscle developed, that's probably why I got this far compared to you.

OP here. Just tested my bench and it's lower that I thought it would be. Gonna go kms. Fuck bench ;_;

Tall with long arms?

have you tried chalk when you deadlift?

you have little bitty baby limbs, your range of motion on pressing and squatting is my range of motion jerking off

>tfw two years of shitty diet and hip injuries

how can my other muscles even compete with these shoulders

Bad

fatass manlet, that's after like 5.5 months on SL

I used to fence competitively when I was younger so I started with t-rex legs, my only saving grace

damn you The Press

No i have not.

>symmetry score -68
these are my pre-snap city results, will take some time to build my squat and diddy back up
bench is going well though

shit dude, what do you look like?

Muh niggah.

fml

where did you get these stats? Like which site give you the backbone in which you insert your results

symmetricstrength.com

JESUS CHRIST is that what the inside of boobs looks like?

If I start doing RDLs, Back Extensions, and Good Mornings as assistance exercises, will I be able to get my posterior chain out of the rut it's in?

Been lifting for almost 2 months now, coming from 120lbs bodyweight to ~138 now.

Rate

the guy is 255 and 5'10, so probably overweight.

why are you guys so dyel
(yes ik my bench is dyel)

After over 2 years of on and off lifting, an acl tear, major back sprain, and various other injuries, I finally hit frogman status at 230 lbs 17%bf

tfw just started OHP'ing ft. babby delts.

For about a month in SL

5'8, 170lb, 18yrs old
Lifts that I actually put in:
OHP: 155 x 5
Bench: 255 x 5
DL: 315 x 5
Squat 300 x 5
Pullups: BW + 90lbs x 10

Wtf is that