So for me the PFT is tomorrow so figure might as well strike up a conversation of other /military/ here on their...

So for me the PFT is tomorrow so figure might as well strike up a conversation of other /military/ here on their thoughts on it.

>Is a PFT Necessary for all branches (Mainly focusing on Airmen/Sailors not EOD or Spec War)
>Are the current exercises done adequate or should they be replaced (ie Plank instead of situps or add pullups or whatever)

General tips and tricks you can do to improve your scores also appreciated

Lots of BCAA before and during. Hydrate well before hand, like the entire previous day. Also load your body with electrolytes the night before and carbs too.

Did this before every PT test, and never once did I hit lower than 260.

Sailor here. I like the pft because it's helps somewhat to keep total fat shits away and it's just a good measure of basic fitness. As for anything to fix, I would add mandatory planks, pull ups and a 40 yard sprint. Even the most out of shape person in the military who never exercises should be able to do at least 1 or 2 pullups and sprint 40 yards. I'm torn on situps though. I know there's better exercises to test abdominal strength. Planks would be great or even hanging leg raises.

>>Is a PFT Necessary for all branches (Mainly focusing on Airmen/Sailors not EOD or Spec War)
C'MON user

Gonna echo this

>tfw I wanted to join the army so I decide to drop out of the Marine Corps DEP
>my recruiter is refusing to discharge me
>I ship out next month

What do famm?

Deal with it.
Or Conscientious objector.

Get a dishonourable discharge then. I don't know, shooting one of the officers is bound to do the trick. Spending a few years in jail is better than getting blown up in Syria.

>that one guy heel striking

REEEE

Marine fag here. Fuck you, yes it is important and shit. Go back to banging your gross fucking dependa.

I was AF and our PFT was stupid. It was kind of a less hard version of the Army PFT with too much of an emphasis on running. Academy officers came in skinny af because all they did was run.

I always thought that units that actually can see ground combat (Security Forces, EOD, CE) needed to do a combat PFT with a greater focus on strength and endurance, especially because most Air Force ground combat units are primarily concerned with Air Base Ground Defense, which doesn't involve many scenarios where one has to run a mile and a half in ten minutes.

you can drop out of dep any time, tell him to fuck off

What do you want from the Army that you can't get from the Corps?

Does the PFT have any bearing at all in a sailors career if he's just a random tech?

Just read the Marine Corps PFT requirements, you get the highest possible score just by doing a 3 mile run in 18 minutes, 100 crunches, and 20 pullups.

I might just enlist for ez money

Is that underhand or overhand

As if you run a 6' pace..... for 3 miles....

>snooooooze.

looks good if you want to do special programs. can put it on your eval. if its down to you and some other guy who are pretty much the same but you have better pt scores that could help you have an edge.

Bullshit he can.
You ain't in until you on that plane.
Tell him to shove a dick up his ass.
t. inna army

Good thing you arent going to prove you can accomplish any of that ;)

I just finished bmt a month ago. The pt was a joke honestly. I really wish they made people work harder and had more points for strength and not so skeeed for the run. Like one poster said planks would be nice to add.
It's even worse now at tech school. Some people take the pt seriously and also hit the gym. I see too many just laying down during push-ups and walking on the track. I fully understand the term chhairforce now.

Not him but it's not that hard

Under hand is allowed if I remember correctly

Maybe not one at a time but after going 6 flat for 3 miles you're gonna be spent

>the asian dude's gonna PR in the 50m and hang on

git gud with cardio bro

Navy Nuke here

Deff necessary since the only personnel who can satisfactorily do damage control in the Engine Room are Nukes who stand watch there, & and when its being able to secure power, don FFE, and fight a growing fire for hours in the engine room or the whole sub goes down I at least want to know that the fat ass nuke can run 1.5 miles in less than 13mins (and that's fucking terrible)