How far were we into the Rome = America theory 25 years ago?

How far were we into the Rome = America theory 25 years ago?

well we did get done with a war for the fate of the known world

The USA is not Rome, and neither is it an empire.

That's because the jews united and stripped the world of Rome V3 before it reached it's apex.

Oligarchical society that supresses the lower classes, thinks it's superior to anyone else, even if those people are actually culturally superior and put anything into their military.
Seems pretty similar. Soon they'll end up the way Rome did. Hopefully in our lifetimes.

Ayo hol up

Why is the g*rmanic so obsessed with LARPing as Rome when they are responsible for destroying it?

Because muh Teutoburg Forest forest muh right to rule rome after defeating them

I like historiography, there's not enough talk about it on this board. For those who are brainlets, historiography is the study of how our perception of history changes over time.

BTW 25 years ago it was 1993 so I don't know what people were thinking at that time because I was an infant.

>beat the Romans in one (1) battle
>"that gives us the right to rule Rome"
Autism?

You have to admit there are parallels between the relationships of Rome-Hellas and America-Europe.

>le any powerful state with large buildings is literally Rome
Epic thread

>being this much of a brainlet

>Legendary military genius founder (despite historical record)
>Deeply religious
>Started out as a colony for the refuse of other civilizations and later conquered either by military force, diplomacy, etc the states surrounding it
>Founding stock is from a foreign and previously great civilization (Europe/Troy)
>Subjugated locals (Latins and Italian tribes/Native Americans)
>Rose to prominence through wars, trade, and allowing people to pursue their personal ambitions
>Was confronted with a series of military crises that required a massive expansion of the state
>Massive wealth disparity, most of the power is held within a few people's hands
>Started out as an aristocratic republic (only land-owning white men could participate) and slowly degraded into a multi-ethnic democracy

Pretty similar histories if you ask me

Also
>Slavery, indentured servants, admiration for Europeans/Greeks

It goes on

no

One of those places is a decaying, bloated multicultural shithole full of racial mongrels and mutts, faggots, transvestites, empowered strong womyn, sissified urbanites shitting on the rural people because they're the only ones who didn't abandon the faith and traditions of their ancestors yet, substance abusers and whores, with no culture of their own except for what they stole from their betters from across the sea, ruled by a pack of corrupt, opportunist oligarchic plutocrats in a shithole police state with a bloated military composed mostly of foreigners. And the other one is America.

>On later stages, people is kept orderly not by military coercion but by massive numbing entertainment spectacles of sports, fights, races and various dramatic shows and representations
>The army and forces are gradually filled by ex slaves, barbarians and immigrants
>Also the army pretty much rules the state by coercion and bribery

Romans viewed as conservative, militaristic and of sound family values; Greeks viewed as intelligent yet perfidious and depraved. How is that different from today?

If by similar you mean "totally different except I force two things to sound the same together," then it is, I guess.

shut up faggot

WIR

This. they are trying to compensate for the fact that Meds were always technologically superior so they steal our history.

what a bunch of bullshit

>muh troy

Stop wewuzing Shitalian you were cavemen when Troy was in its full glory

are you a middle schooler or just uneducated?
literally none of your points make any sense
a refuge for different peoples? Troy?! what the hell has Troy to do with rome? i sure hope your not qouting the aeneid...

also
>degraded into a multi-ethnic democracy
pretty much gives away where you come from

Romans were composed of Latins that migrated from the Balkans, and West Asian populations.

Even though the Trojan story is legendary, that's the story.

Early Romans were cattle raiders and the early city was composed of refuse from surrounding Italian cities. Then they stole the wives and daughters from the Sabines and fully settled down. During the Roman Kingdom it was significantly less restrictive of migration and intermarriage than the Roman Republic.

The US is the most powerful empire in world history

>and neither is it an empire.
fucking WEW

>>Also the army pretty much rules the state by coercion and bribery
"no"

If America is Rome, what would be Carthage? Rusia?

it was going that was but then the war on terror happened which showed the world americans are actually retarded

the roman empire is a joke compared to america those togafuckers didnt even know what hamburgers and guns and freedom were

saying roman is still a positive thing, saying american is a slur unless you are a spic or a sea monkey who want to escape its jungle

Rome would be more equivalent to FVEY. But they are seperate civilisations, not even built out of the same ethnography.

Anglo-germanics came out of doggerland and have ruled the world since the dawn of time.

Are you really comparing Indo-European migrations tot colonialism in the new world?

We don't know that about early romans, and the Sabine thing is a legend too.

You obviously do not know much about the subject so why don't you stop acting like you can compare these two extremely differentieel civilizations

>The Anglo-Germanicus Came out of doggerland

Why is this thread filled with mentally challenged people

If you're gonna make dumb comparissons i would say the other way around

SIND

ad populum

But Western Countries = Rome childrens

Because America is a depraved shithole with no family values now.

>civilization (Europe
Never change

senatus populusque americanus indeed
there is no similarity, burgers only want to conquer and get shekels, Rome wanted to bring culture and civilizations to barbarians
burgers are more similar to barbaric hordes, they are repulsive but since they have military power you can avoid dealing with them

>burgers only want to conquer and get shekels, Rome wanted to bring culture and civilizations to barbarians
lol

Pretty much, but I have never seen Germans larping as Romans

t. butthurt brainlet who didnt get civilized

Based Caesar literally conquered Gaul to get funds and slaves, my man

EXTREMELY underr8ed post

that's part of the plan, first you beat them down, then they absorb culture by osmosys
it was correctly ignored by everyone, low effort post

>first you beat them down, then they absorb culture by osmosys
Sounds like American cultural imperialism to me

>mcdonald
>culture
yeah right
their living conditions are supposed to improve, not worsen

Culture is cultrue, mate, whether you like it or not is not important

in general, yes
but the point of the thread is comparing 2 things which obviously cant be compared

Yes, but that doesn't change he fact that
>Rome wanted to bring culture and civilizations to barbarians
is just plain bullshit.

Stop reacting to your own post, it sucks

You are just proving my point

yes

No, the Latins were already there from the time the West Asians settled in Italy.

Rome as a city was founded and settled from the refuse of the surrounding city states.

I think its you who lacks historical context for what I'm saying.

>>>/reddit/

russia a backwater, it's an insult to Carthage to equate them with it

the USA has never had a Carthage, except for possibly Mew France

>The army and forces are gradually filled by ex slaves, barbarians and immigrants

LOLFUCKINGMAO, American Elites generally compose of Businessmen and Lawyers.

A Military Junta you're not.

>West Asians settled in italy

Phoenicians only settled in Sardinia and Sicily, never touched Rome

It's an insult to Russia if anything. Russia is a massive nuclear superpower who came close to literally obliterating the planet, and Russians contributed a lot to science and the arts of literature and music. Cathage meanwhile was some shitty network of trade outposts LARPing as an empire and they got BTFO by the first serious foe they encountered, and literally the only reason we even know they existed is because Romans destroyed them.

right, if you strongly say something is wrong that must be it, how can facts even begin to stand up to a well said "NO"

Not talking about Phoenicians in particular, there was a migration from Anatolia

Russia is not the same thing as the entirety of the USSR

contemporary russia proportionately is nothing compared to Carthage in its day

lol just wanna know where are you from?

>there was a migration from Anatolia
Trojans confirmed if western Anatolia.

Canada

Besides nukes and space, Russian empire was far more important than the USSR. Carthage was just a shithole that never did anything of value.

>Russian empire was far more important than the USSR.
LMAO

Russian Empire
>Eastern European backwater trying so hard to be Western European.
>Looked up to by a bunch of fellow Eastern European backwaters.
USSR
>Global Superpower who led & represented the alternative to Western Capitalist Democracies.
>Looked up to by many Communist countries across the globe.

Russian empire
>Dostoyevsky, Tschaikovsky, Mussorgsky, Tolstoy, Pushkin, Turgenev, Mendeleev, Lomonosov, Korolev, Lenz, Pavlov, Ostwald, etc
Carthage
>a woman named Dildo, child sacrifice and some faggot on an elephant

wow

laughing out loud fucking my ass out?

the Latins where an indo european people that migrated over the alps, do you think the where a greek or phoenician colony? because that is terribly wrong. Just admit your comparisson is retarded, America is nothing like rome

Dido is probably a myth and based on the goddess Tanit: Carthage never produced anything of value neither did the Phoenician colonies in their orbit

> there was a migration from Anatolia
no there wasn't, any source for that dumb claim?

that image is so retarded

Latins didn't come across the alps, the went across the Adriatic

RĂ–MER