Bought $1000 into Crypto 2013

>bought $1000 into Crypto 2013
>have $10000 today

have I failed completely?

Yeah, kinda.
I started in 2013 too. Would probably an hero right now if I only had 10k.

how much did u start with and how much do u have atm?

just so I can kms

wtf were you doing OP

Well think of it this way, if you put that into your average index fund like a normie you'd have about 1500. You made 18x what Warren Buffett considered a strong return. Man the fuck up and enjoy your gains.

t. entered crypto in 2017

Yes.
Started in may this year with 600, went up to 3k lost almost all...learned and now I am at 26k

started with $5k Feb - currently at $166k could have been at more than $300k if I had sold all my alts for BTC back in June.

i started with 1000 in 2015 now i have 30000 but i literally just held bitcoin

how did you make that much?

How do I learn amongst all the shilling and fuding?

I've been reading whitepapers and buying coins with tech I believe in, but that seems pretty disconnected with market fluctuations. Should I be focusing more on trying to predict curves and shit? In since mid-August and up 15-20%.

Mined a bunch of ETH which as you know skyrocketed. Some of it I kept some traded for other coins that also went up in value. Also bought some BTC when it was less or around 1k.

Naw, just learn from your mistakes. Clearly you either were too passive, allowed yourself to freak out and dump low/buy high one too many times, or crapped out into a buncha shitty alts.

What the fuck did you buy that you only made 10k?

What other coins?

keep coming back for more

DON'T HOLD.
Seriously, don't do it.

How long would you consider holding?
Like as soon as I buy is it smart to set up a sell order at a comfortable profit and an alert so I can sell at a slight loss if it starts to dump?

Sorry for the dumb (?) question - trying to suck less.

He's larping, he's probably a nocoiner.

probably dogecoin lol

Shoulda put more in. I 20x'd in that same time.

you coulda made a lot more, or you coulda lost everything in whatever shitty flavor of the month was around in 2013. don't beat yourself up bro

Nobody has a crystall ball to see the future. We would be all zillionaires if so. There's still time. Crypto is barely starting to bloom and enter the mainstream.

>bought $300 into Crypto 2016
>have $9000 today

have I failed completely?

no we still wouldn't
you could only be a zillionaire out of it if you had a crystal ball and others didnt dumbass
if everyone knew what was gonna happen it would always be priced in already

this is what i do. holding is just a meme. bullets i dodged because i didn't fall for the hold meme:
sold dnt at 10x ico
sold link at 5x ico
if i had held onto either of these coins, i would be down in the red so much right now. nowadays i just laugh at all the retards who didn't sell link at 11k. the only longterm hold coin is btc with eth being a very close second.

OP what where you HODLing for 5 years to get that return?

depends on what you were doing. did you watch the markets and read the whitepapers? or did you hodl for long term. you may be playing it too safe if you were at it 24/7.

just piggyback on ico's. once a coin hits 2-3x ico price, sell 80%. sell the rest if it goes 4-5x or drops to 1.5x ico.

>Start in March with $3000
>Get in on some good pumps, make 3 BTC
>Go gamble on BitMEX, lose half.
>Make it back plus more with other pumps
>Get scammed 20 ETH and lose 20k LINK
>Down but not out
>Start playing the day trader
>Broke within the week

Well back to work for me boyos.

how did you get scammed out of 20 ETH, that's quite a lot...wtf.

you sound like the same guy who poasts the "I got scammed out of ___ ETH" in past threads.

So man don't make fun of me I am already in critical depression but I sent my private key to a fake airdrop, I am tech illiterate, stupid and ended up losing upward of $40,000 in opportunity cost.

Just going to go /out/ at end of the year and kill myself where no one will find me desu.