Why does no one understand fitness?

Is there a single other board that has this large of a ratio between complete fucking retards and experienced posters?

Fitness has to be the least understood subject in the normie world

Other urls found in this thread:

ergo-log.com/
strava.com/activities/746476789
coolconversion.com/speed/6.3-mph-to-km/hour
ergo-log.com/high-doses-vitamin-c-e-undermine-endurance-interval-training.html
running.competitor.com/2014/07/training/the-role-of-muscle-fibers-in-running_82416
npr.org/sections/parallels/2013/11/01/241895965/how-one-kenyan-tribe-produces-the-worlds-best-runners
reddit.com/r/AdvancedFitness/comments/5ae4ml/no_evidence_for_periodization_in_strength/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>normie
>I'm not a normie im a special snowflake!

Because fitness industry memes.

A lot of retards here still fall for the powdered jew.

Because information is basically the product in the fitness world. Also way too many people are lazy and can't wrap their heads around the concept of delayed rewards.

I can tell you more though OP, you just have to dm me on my insta and I'll even give you a discount ;)

what's wrong with protein powder

its not vegan.

it is tho

Its a mongolian origami discussion board what do you expect

oh yh show me

what do u mix it with?

because its a boring scientific subject that is tied to insight into science. With fancy terms like VO2 max, charts about all kinds of weird things, sample sizes, races, evolutionary history etc.

Not many people have enough neurons, nor desire to wade through all of that, to find out what works. Thus they just take a shortcut, go roid, or not ditch industrial sipping sugars.

proper sports is basically this

ergo-log.com/

so how many have high test, but also high IQ? Spoiler: not many, most only have one.

but what is fitness?

is it a 100kg man who can lift 200kg
or is it an athletic man who can run 15 miles every day
or is it somebody who is slim.

Both of the first two.

Becoming elite at running takes a lot of knowledge.
Becoming elite at weightlifting also takes a lot of knowledge.

Since the regular gym goer doesn't have any knowledge, he is neither of that.

15 miles a day elite?

also you dont need allot of knowledge to run allot just run more.

Not that guy but I'd say advanced at least. That's half of a marathon brah.

half marathon yh i like that distance

>knowledge in running

no, that is wrong. To get better at running you need to know exactly how to time your rest. You need to eat properly, avoid second hand smoke. Know how to do warming ups, cooling downs, how to dress properly to protect your muscles, how to avoid injury, how to have the best stance to run, what kind of shoes to buy.

The list of pro running just goes on and on. And it overlaps a lot into science.

yh ok.

strava.com/activities/746476789

i'm not a pro but i came home with the elite runners explain that

I like your distance

lol so what, one person is not a good sample size of the whole. For every person like you, who just happens to fall into the proper variables, there are 5 people who do it all wrong.

and who then regress.

15 mile this morning but & wanna go out tonight

"proper vairables" being former 18 stone male? if i can do it any fucker can

>strava.com/activities/746476789
also to add to that, that time actually isnt that great. Had to convert it from the retarded metrics to KM/H but most runners in my running club have much better times than you, kek. And they are all on the science rollercoaster where I am at too.

water :^)

that's top 5% honey pie after running 5 months

lets see you half results

Modern society is based around instant gratification, you can touch up photos to make yourself look better, apply makeup, use filters, you can get laid using your mobile phone, find out anything you want from Google, it's all instant and effortless.

fitness if the one thing where there isn't really a shortcut, especially if you're training for performance over looks like most of the more knowledgeable guys on here, it's literally TIME+EFFORT and that's it, sure you can roid, but you still need to put in the time and effort just to a slightly lesser extent.

The fitness industry operates on one principle - 'convince lazy people to buy into shortcuts', and that's it, it's literally all snake oil.

I focus on HIIT, but judging from the pace, I think I can actually outdo you easily. I already do kek, my average pace is something like 13km/h, for one and an half hours...and that was also half a year ago, last time... Your performance is weak user, kinda average even. But I also run somewhere in the top 10 of our entire club...and everyone above me even goes more autistic on this whole ordeal, all of them have running watches, time themselves accurately, we even have science readings by actual scientists. Its pretty gret actually.

If you want to make it past your performance, you will be doing that what everyone else is doing.

>vegan

>Fitness has to be the least understood subject in the normie world
that or buoyancy

I obviously interpreted the 15 miles a day to be meant to describe someone that is a very good runner.

Not sure how you take it so litterally in this context.

how do u think i use strava i have a garmin

that result it 14.4kmh

whats your club?

>strava.com/activities/746476789

why dont you britbongs use normal metrics, nobody likes you because of your idiotic feet memes. Jesus, doesnt even want to make me want to google how to convert your retardism.

t. dyer

like this?
coolconversion.com/speed/6.3-mph-to-km/hour

6.3 mphs = 10.1388672 km/hours
To convert from mphs to km/hours, you just need to multiply the value in mphs by 1.609344 (the conversion factor).

So, 6.3 mphs = 6.3 × 1.609344 = 10.1388672 km/hours.

u = a fgt x 1

*farts in hand and throws it in your face*

Sauce?
I need this episode in my life.

thank you - simple logic

looses argument realises hes an unfit fuck and throws toys out of pram

Google king of the hill bill meathead

No seriously, I am confused, what the fuck is your pace in normal human metrics?

>Is there a single other board that has this large of a ratio between complete fucking retards and experienced posters?
80% of Veeky Forums don't even own a fucking car so yes, auto has the same problem

That site looks damn useful, thx a bunch mate

well if its true, and if it goes properly through your retarded metrics, then yea, it would be something to envy. But I dont trust your dumb measurements even for some second. jesus, having to convert from average dick size, to donkey ears dried out in the sun for 5 days, into how many arrows a midget can shoot from an oversized bow.

jesus, just for this inhumane garbage I have to say fukc you.

nt hum boot i mix w/ water 4 gud time

Nobody on /gif/ gets laid...

I think that he meant fitness as a whole, not just through the mongolian chickenfucking enterprise.

damn your a real sore looser enjoy your trump

This is correct

>Not many people have enough neurons, nor desire to wade through all of that, to find out what works.

Step 1: Eat big if you want to build muscle, eat less if you want to lose weight
Step 2: Choose a cookie cutter program and do it for a year with linear progression as your main focus
Step 3: ???
Step 4: Profit

Wow I just planned out your entire first year of lifting, incredibly complex stuff I know. Here I am even gonna give you some pro tips if you wanna make it in the big leagues

Step 1: Clean up your diet a bit more, eat enough protein
Step 2: Get an advanced program that has periodisation
Step 3: ???
Step 4: Profit

Congratulations you can now easily rep 1/2/3/4 and look decent. If you want to go further you might actually have to invest some time and brainpower but until that stage it is easy as fuck.

>tfw no matter how much you lift you'll always have an ugly face

What's the point of lifting if you're ugly, Veeky Forums?

Didnt you realize that you have proven my point though?

>this user who has lower performance than you, has no idea how to convert from the retarded metrics into normal human metrics

Plus you also use a watch, so some signs indicate some adaptation to the running thing. Which you take for granted, but if you actually bothered to look around you, to other people, to averages, you would see that to get to near your performance, most people have to do a lot of effort, and most people also fall into the pits heavily, that of over-training, which may lead to injury. To not eating properly.

Plus I am not sure if you know it, but there are also metrics about performance gainz that tell if you do running more than twice a week, you get a decline. Twice for example, is to make progress, and once is to stay at the same level.

plus you could have fallen into this trap

>ergo-log.com/high-doses-vitamin-c-e-undermine-endurance-interval-training.html

if you had supplementation with too much vitamin C, you could have made less gainz.

So, you being there could have been dumb luck, but it does not negate the science around it.

i run 6 days a week some times twice a day

50 miles + where's my decline?

Whats your age?

fairly young then for running, near your peak. Fairly healthy I would say as well. But seriously, if I were you I would join a club, and then get a feel for averages. You may feel boastful and prideful as of this moment, but professional advice tells me that you may be over-training. And if you dont want to fuck up your body for the long term you should seek some advice. Its a pretty common thing in the runners world to fuck yourself up at a young age, and then to regret it later, many old fucks in my club constantly push me to do less, who also had similar performances as you in their young age.

Shit, in the top 5 in our club there is a dude who also runs at your time, and who still does the careful thing, with all the science, and advice. Though he is 29.

im in a club

i only run when im not hurting

>knows how to convert retarded metrics
>has a watch to keep track of progress
>is in a club and probably gets advice...
>durrr hurrr you should just run and discard science

kek, you really take things for granted. Plus if you really wanted to, if you wanted to increase your performance even more. You would go after the science.

If you are naturally build for running, it again does not negate the science behind it. Niggers are also good runners, but the best of them still follow strict schedules, strict diets, still have a somewhat imperialistic approach towards improving their natural base, with outside influences as much as they can.

all in all tho i just run more

well do you think that everyone can do that?

yh its real easy just lean forward from the ankles and place a foot under your centre of mass and continue this until you get where you need to be

also eat a shit ton of carbs

and you think that everyone will get such results? Do you even know the injury rate statistics for beginning runners? Do you know the difference between long and short muscles? Do you not know that people are different?

yes

yes

yes

we are all very simlar

no we are not

running.competitor.com/2014/07/training/the-role-of-muscle-fibers-in-running_82416

people have literally different muscles types, and ratios of them.

Even after i've had break from lifting at the gym for a month now im still losing weight, i dont still quite understand how the human body works..

yes and you can grow the correct muscle ratio by training

so run more.

and good luck trying to out-compete the better niggers

npr.org/sections/parallels/2013/11/01/241895965/how-one-kenyan-tribe-produces-the-worlds-best-runners

No you cant user, you are born with that muscle, it does not change magically later in life. Thats bullshit.

Are you a nigger? or somekind of retarded kike lefty? There are big differences between races, even in between the races are big differences.

You not being aware of the science does not mean that the science does not have a general use. You are not the only person on this planet. The science serves those who need it well.

i train my endurance muscles they grow.

You should see some of the shit that pops up on /diy/.
It's a slow board, though, so there's still a chance you'll get proper info or a good coversation from the regulars.

Kind of like 2008-2010 Veeky Forums

Not every person has these long type of muscle in your quantity user.

Not every person has your skeletal type even. Or your age. For the averages, for specific age groups even there are proper ways to train, that yield the best benefits.

You being able to train the way you do does not mean that the averages are not valid. For every person like you out there, there are perhaps even 20 more who need advice, and science, and methods to properly train.

and this thread is not about you, its about the generic, the average.

Basically modern age snake oil.

>actually believing in IQ

You ate the bait m8

>For the averages, for specific age groups even there are proper ways to train,
Yes
>that yield the best benefits.
No, they yield mediocre results for everybody.
Which is better than great results for five people and poor results for everybody else, but still mediocre.

Why the fuck do you think people treat a 3pl8 bench and a 5pl8 squat like a big deal?

well the science is a bit lacking on how to know if you are one of those 5 people. And injury rate for beginners was something like 10 times higher than those who are running for over 3 years. If I remember the science behind it.

Do you even have a single fact to back up this hypothesis?

>Do you even have a single fact to back up this hypothesis?

The 2015 and 2016 ISSN conferences come to mind, which also answer your
>well the science is a bit lacking on how to know if you are one of those 5 people
problem - find a coach, who's an actual coach and not a PT with an inflated ego.

Coaches are ~5 years ahead of exercise science, since actual coaches can work off anecdotal evicence and extrapolate from that.

>just run
>based on this reliable thing that is sciency related

kek, still gotcha there, also link? Was interesting to talk about this, I would like to inquire more, though I have little time because I literally have to run right now, session starting. So link to these conferences?

>since actual coaches can work off anecdotal evicence and extrapolate from that.

wait, fug, is this an elaborate troll? Praising anecdotal evidence? What ruse is this?

Basically you're supposed to just eat shitloads of chicken daily or you're a jew

Lifting weights takes no knowledge either by your logic. Just lift more.

That's equally as moot as saying just run more. Both activities require discipline and knowledge of the neuromuscular processes of the body. They fall hand in hand with each other. You really can't do one of them without having a cursory understanding of the other.

>Fitness has to be the least understood subject in the normie world

If fitness is the most complex subject you have a thorough understanding of, you're a fucking retard and ironically a supreme normie yourself

/v/ doesnt play video games

Because there is more money and power in keeping people ignorant and outright lies.

Fitness is as simple as

Becoming more active in your day to day life

Eating better more natural foods,

Eating less when you don't need much energy for your life

Eating more when you do need more energy and to help heal yourself

Dealing with stress

Keeping well hydrated

Get good sleep and rest when needed not when there's nothing else to do

Good hygiene
Keeping decent relationships, as much as you need don't try to be a social butterfly if you're more of a solitary person

Occasionally do something strenuous enough to where you breathe heavily and sweat

Sit and lay down as little as possible

Don't forget to mentally exercise, something like crossword puzzles, tetris, origami, simple memory games, learning a new language, even using your nondominant hand to write are ways to keep your mind sharp and strong.

Cut back on stimulants like coffee sugar and media.

A daily morning routine of exercise. Can be simple calisthenics, stretching, or some form of exercise like jogging jumping jacks a quick walk or a swim.

That's it.
That's basically everything you need to keep healthy for the rest of your days.
You don't need drugs and special powders and what have you to do any of the above. That's just the lie that's peddled to you to keep you dumb consumers of products and services.

Yes you fucking moron.
If you train a muscle in a certain way it will fucking change.

That is true.

We have scientific proof of that.

We are not fucking static creatures who come from some rpg. If we were humanity and all life as we fucking know it would have died out moments after it coalesced.

Fitness isn't that hard, its the will power and intelligence required to do it yourself that is.

Any idiot can lift weights but do you know yourself well enough in relation to reality and other perspectives to be "aesthetic"

bill bulk and the building buddies I believe, its bretty gud, but perpetuates the meathead stereotypes.

>implying there's meaning to anything in this life
Fucking dumb normie scum

>it's an "uneducated user speaks confidently about things he has no clue about" episode

Let me break it down for you.
There are 3 major types of muscle fibers: fast, slow, and intermediate.

They are different in many differences, notable ones being fiber diameter, glycogen reserves, contractile speed, metabolic pathways, and mitochondria. Fast fibers are highly contractile with and glycolytic metabollic pathway, while slow fibers use an oxidative metabollic pathway. However, intermediate fibers use a hybrid pathway known as Fast Twitch Oxidative.

Both intermediate and slow twitch fibers adapt to their requirements and will MODIFY their metabollic pathways, mitochondria count, ATPases, and function to fit whatever is required. If more anaerobic activity is required, these intermediate fibers will adjust and favor glyocolytic metabolism. The same is true in reverse, where myoglobin intake will increase to facilitate oxidative metabolism.

>tl;dr you are in no way strictly bound by genetics

Whey comes from milk

LOL NONE of this is necessary. You think those poor Africans that can run for days need this shit? Nope. People make this shit WAY more complicated than it is. I also run barefoot most of the time. No warm up, just walk for a bit and start running. Cool down is, stop running and walk the rest of the way back. I wear shorts and a shirt. I eat normal foods. People like you are the easy ones to con into fitness shit.

wouldn't cutting a cilinder instead of a sphere be faster and more effective?

could have saved a bunch of time cutting it into a cylinder

>s there a single other board that has this large of a ratio between complete fucking retards and experienced posters?

Fitness = how quickly your heart rate returns to resting pace. That's it. Nothing more nothing less.

Turning.

YOU ARE ONE OF THE STUPID PEOPLE.

reddit.com/r/AdvancedFitness/comments/5ae4ml/no_evidence_for_periodization_in_strength/

look at your condescending, haughty tone and speaking as if everything you say is so confident and accurate.

you have blind, stupid confidence just like the masses and are so "sure" your ideas are right.

YOU DO NOT NEED AN ADVANCED PROGRAM WITH PERIODISATION, THERE IS NO EVIDENCE PERIODISATION HELPS IN ANY WAY.

so how about you get FUCKED, AND READ A GODDAMN BOOK BEFORE YOU CONTRIBUTE MORE SEWAGE TO THIS FUCKING CESSPOOL.

>THERE IS NO EVIDENCE PERIODISATION HELPS IN ANY WAY.
no valid or direct evidence it helps for hypertrophy and strength gains, gotta clarify that cause in my anger i was also too adamant in my statement

ahh yes the deep fried quote

The only people who think health and fitness are simple are the ones who don't understand it at all. The human body is so complicated with so many different feedback loops and adaptions that it's nearly impossible to get an objective study about anything.

>all good powerlifters do it
>no evidence it helps for hypertrophy and strength gains

you are the retarded one, have fun reading all that bullshit. if you would just spend that time in the gym going hard you would look great. and even if periodisation doesnt do shit it will only take you slightly longer to achieve your goals so it doesnt matter in the long run. Candito uses periodisation and he is strong as fuck, especially for a natural.

You dont need to be perfect you just need to do it that was my point. It is easy eat enough and train hard, doesnt even matter which type of repscheme or whatever I just gave the most generic examples in my first post for programs taht have worked for A LOT of people

Just because everyone does it doesn't mean it actually works or is what's optimal you literaly just said we should blindly follow the crowd you are fucking hopeless and are exactly what's wrong with normal people, the point of this thread