Have you ever had knee pain from squatting? How long did you spend away from the gym?

Have you ever had knee pain from squatting? How long did you spend away from the gym?

I've only been squating 100lbs and my right knee kills whenever it's bent and pressure is applied; shit sucks

fix your flat foot

I have high arches

Fire dem glutes boy

Has really no one else had this problem? It's been 4 days now and my fucking knee kills whenever I do anything with it bent. I have to be really careful when siting down, getting up, going up stairs, etc.

I do but I think it's because I was super obese for a really long time. I just keep doing it anyway. Linear progression isn't really an option for me so I do high reps with lower weight

I did have some knee pain back in the day, and if I don't squat regularly I get some knee pain again. squatting keeps my knees healthy.

I'm guessing your squat form is bad. most likely you need to learn how to squat correctly.

i have this. it lasted months and i still cant squat. felt a bad twinge once squatting 95kg and since then its been too bad to continue

leg lifts lying on bed with clams/bridges and do all stretches lying down as well. Nothing standing. I around 10 stretches

You're leaning forward too much when you squat

>months
holy fuck are you serious? Life is a fucking pain right now.

if youre only doing 100 lbs and have that level of pain, youre doing something seriously wrong. id recommend not squatting for awhile

Keep the barbell path on your mid-foot. Imagine you're pushing away the floor and activate your glutes and hamstrings

Fat guy doing low weight and high reps?

Read the fucking sticky dumbass.

be more

S P E C I F I C
P
E
C
I
F
I
C

Do you fucking morons stretch or roll your lower bodies at all?

Walking down stair hurts my knee when it's bent, same with standing up or sitting down. Crouching down hurts like a bitch.

When my leg is bent but sitting down or straight I feel nothing wrong.

I stretch my ankles and calves because they're not flexible at all but that's about it.

>poor form general

I went from being dyel bar only to lmao 2pl8 in a month and a half.

The trick is that I had someone give me form advice so I didn't blow my fucking knees out.

Get a friend or ask some people at the gym to check your form. Hell if you're too autistic take a video and post it here.

Dude... Listen... Where does it hurt? under kneecap on your patellar tendon? Over knee cap? Inside or on the sides of your kneecap?

Stretch and roll your fucking quads.

Ill be brutally honest with you here, getting into lifting, especially heavy lifting and taxing lifts like the squat you're bound to have some aches and pains.

Actually I asked the pt at our uni gym many times and he said my squats were fine. On top of that he always tells me never to go near parallel and only quarter squat.

I think it's on the tendon right below my knee cap, right above my shin. I've been lifting for about 2 months now and I don't think this is a usual pain or ache at all.

>he has patellar tendonitis already

jesus christ your body is cuck tier.

Roll and stretch your quads your quads, 3-4 times a day, its supposed to hurt. Add some direct hamstring work such as hamstring curls or goodmornings. If it doesnt get better go to a physiotherapist.

>never go near parellel
Ignore this retard, do ATG squats, when you stop at parellel you actually put a lot of stress on your knees. Atg gives you a full ROM

well you obviously squatted wrong.

most common for knee trouble is having your knees collaps mid-squat

>Tells you to quarter squat

Tell him he's a moron and he should kill himself, do ATG, quarter squats put immense pressure on your patellar tendons compared to a full deep squat.

Have you not done any research at all? On how to squat properly? Literally nobody says quarter squat.

That's what I'm fucking saying. I've watched. I really do give a lot of effort in my form and I'm the only guy who squats that I've seen.

>cuck tier body
I know dude it's fucking depressing. Pretty much the only reason I started lifting is to reach at least normal healthy levels and now this happens. I can't even sit down to shit properly for fucks sake.

>On top of that he always tells me never to go near parallel and only quarter squat.

Half- and quarter squats are murder on your knees m8. You're better off going deeper and letting your stretch reflex carry you back up.

Do as i said, stretch and roll your quads. And tell that PT to go fuck himself because he's literally the reason your knee is cucked. Take 2-3 weeks off squatting and roll every day, drink a lot of fish oil. It should be fine, just never do that again, do FULL DEEP SQUATS.

I have been doing full deep but with plates under my heels (cuck tier ankle flexibility)

Could this have caused it?

Stretch your quads, couch stretch 3 min per leg every day

No, quarter squatting and overuse can cause it, roll and stretch, it should be something you do daily to maintain knee healt (or ligament rather)

What about deadlifts? Now that I think about it that could also be a factor? I'm only at 185 btw.

Also should I be going to the gym at all for the next 2-3 weeks? I'm really close to 1pl8 bench and 95lb OHP.

I'm not a doctor but It's sounds to me like possible tendonitis of the knee or really tight i t bands in your leg.
>le go to doctor meme
Srsly though go to doc whatever your condition is probly manageable.

deadlifts are hamstring and glute dominant, i could do deadlifts when i had patellar tendonitis.

If it doesnt hurt, you can do it. But do as i said, ROLL AND STRETCH A LOT

ok I just wanted to be sure, otherwise I guess I'd do cardio and bodyweight exercises until it's fully healed.

I feel ya senpai. I injured the tendon in my right knee playing basketball. Shit is hot fire trying to squat. Keep hearing popping noises, like bone on bone.

Fish oil is a meme m8. Having omega 3s in your diet will help your body maintenance It's inflation
>drinking fish oil
Will not make aches and pains go away any faster.
>shoo shoo shill pills

This happened to me, I went on a night out, crazy wild night, yet the next day my knee was fucked and I had a huge hangover. Couldn't squat or anything other than walk slowly. Took about 3 weeks to heal luckily I went on holiday so I wouldn't have lifted anyways.

I have had that too, i just didnt train legs for a long ass time it heals over time senpai

>senpai
holy shit weebs get out

>being this new