Why are brosplits not considered ideal? I was talking with Chad at the gym...

Why are brosplits not considered ideal? I was talking with Chad at the gym, and he said that they were better than full body because they worked a part of your body until it was sore, and then gave you time to let it recover before hitting it again as intensely.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zNrOyI04NQ8?t=29s
unm.edu/~lkravitz/Article folder/hormoneResUNM.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I know a guy and hes really jacked and has been doing a brosplit for years. At the end of the day its all about training hard and diet. Autists who obsess over routines/volume/frequency end up like Jason Blaha or Ian McCarthy while Chads who just hit the gym look aesthetic.
I know i made most of my noob gains just doing whatever in the gym until i was too tired to do anything. I wasnt very proportionate but still got attention and mires.

The only people who should obsess over their programming are competitive athletes and powerlifters eye em eigtch oh. If you just want to get stronger or bigger, then pretty much any reasonable-seeming program (including not having a program) will work, as long as you work hard at it.

What do you mean by work hard? Spend more time in gym?more sets?

Sure you did

Not him but working hard im the gym means just pushing and challenging yourself. Doing a few extra reps when you feel like you cant. Not resting 20 minutes before seach set. Going to failure at times.

when i first started i went to failure every set but i didnt get a lot of gains tho

Doing it to every set isnt benefitial. Going to failure is usually better for the end of your workouts to burn out or whatever.

Big 3 stats NOW

Probably because your going to failure was 8 reps with .5 pl8

going to failure is a meme

it is better to ensure as high of a quality set as possible and to avoid unnecessary stress.

What do you squat, bench, and deadlift

If you don't have a bare minimum of a 1000lb total you need to shove any and all advice back up your ass

Yeah bro you dont want unnecessary stress or any kind of discomfort.

t. Blahino

220/130/250, pretty DYEL but still stronger than I would say 90% of Veeky Forums.

It is pure memeing, risking failure outside of competition is unnecessary and counterproductive.
Tremendously stupid to risk injury, sacrifice rep quality (might as well not do them) and create more stress hormones that inhibit your ability to grow if you don't have to.
Many of them end up having less weekly volume than intermediate strength programming like Sheiko.

>220/130/250, pretty DYEL

lol

>If you don't have a bare minimum of a 1000lb total you need to shove any and all advice back up your ass

>220/130/250, pretty DYEL but still stronger than I would say 90% of Veeky Forums.
Maybe now, when 90% of people on Veeky Forums actually don't even lift.

But congrats on having a total that's equal to my 120lbs wife's post-birth training maxes. I bet you worked hard to outlift sedentary neckbeards and semi-active midgets.

I'm assuming those are pounds because of how fucking stupid you are
>going to failure outside of competition
What the fuck are you talking about? Competition lifts are all 1rm.
>yeah but going to failure on the 8th rep is dangerous no matter the lift

Lol
Enjoy your training free of any discomfort. You're gonna look aesthetic on no time.

>Implying that everyone else starts fialing around weights when stuff gets uncomfortable just like yourself

Nothing wrong with working to failure if you have the mental capacity to focus on your form for 5 more seconds

You cant go over 5 reps. You'll snap your shit up.

whether or not you do a split or fullbody is of little importance. the main differences lies in isolations vs compounds. you can make progress on compound exercises for literally years, but on a routine full of isolation work you'll stall quickly. the only people who get good results from isolation based routines are roiders. natties should always base their routines on heavy compounds and add a little isolation fluff on top of it.

>220/130/250

these are the people confidently giving advice on Veeky Forums

kg obviously.

And I mean what I said, I would not fail a lift outside of competition.

Pretty much this. Talked to the most jacked/shredded chad in the gym a while back about his routine and it was "Monday through Friday bro split. I don't follow a plan, just smash whatever body part it is that day until I can barely move it. For diet I don't count calories, I just don't eat sugar, alcohol, or snacks."

People overthink everything. Just choose a plan and stick with it. Consistency is what brings the results.

You can troll on the internet but your skinnyfat body is trolling you irl 24 hours a day

That's probably kg m8

>485lb squat
>pretty DYEL

Please refer to this comment

Basically what it comes down to is 48 hours is sufficient rest for a given muscle group. So if you're going 3 times a week, then a full body routine will be ideal. But if you can commit to 6+ times a week then you'd benefit from the additional volume of a bro split.

My wilks is 348.66, it's not that great.

Perspectives change once you begin to compete.
You often get effectively less volume though, compare benching 2 times a week or so to how you bench 3-4 times a week on intermediate sheiko for example. Practically speaking, you often end up spending more days doing less work.

You autistic fuck this is exactly what the first posts on this thread were about. You overthink shit and obsess over dumb routines while youve probably never competed in anything.

But I have competed?

going to close to failure or failure is proven to work fag

>eye em eigtch oh

Did you have a stroke? What's this supposed to mean?

as a novice you'll improve either way as long as you're eating and resting enough.

in terms of time, however, you'll progress a lot faster on a more aggressive routine like SS/SL and then TM/Madcow if you want strength gains. then you can do hypertrophy a lot more effectively than the dyels swinging around 20 lb dumbells on 'bicep day'

bro split works, just not optimum for beginners

Fucking burgers are nigger-tier retarded, if I can identify lbs you can identify kgs

and how's that working out for you

>220/130/250

This

>1st year of lifting: super specific sets/reps/exercise selection, counting calories etc.
>2nd year lifting: 3 day split, start with the big lifts, train according to instinct, eat healthy but don't count cals

This past year has been a lot more fun in terms of gym and I've made great gains.

how is a brosplit different from ppl

actually what is the difference between the 2 ?

Full body is more overall more mixed. For example, you'd do squats, bench, and OHP on one day, deadlift, rows and front squats the other day

Brosplit you'd focus on one part of the body that day (ie chest day, leg day, back day, etc.)

He looks dehydrated and tiny as fuck, he's also wearing lipstick and mascara.
Goddamn.

Missed quads

I think the difference is that a PPL is a routine while a brosplit is defined by:

-Working out a very limited set of muscles, often by isolation
-not working the same muscle group/s two days in a row
-doing insane amounts of volume at babbyweights

>mfw people curl 10 kilos

>how is a brosplit different from ppl
Brosplit was just a derogatory term used by people who were doing full body work outs every day.

That's what a female looks like you autist.

It's called beautiful eyes u mad

youtu.be/zNrOyI04NQ8?t=29s

for the purposes of powerlifting yeah it's a bad idea to go to failure in training or even to go into the form breakdown region of RPE

just training for size it's probably ok to fail once in a while but not regularly

any big compound done to actual failure is fucking retarded

anecdotally my chest didn't grow as much on sheiko as it did on a lower total volume hypertrophy routine

it seems like there's more to hypertrophy than just total volume, you also need to have some type of volume overload within a single session for optimal size gain

Because broscientists think recovery and growth are the same thing. Which they absolutely are not.

Hitting a muscle super hard makes recovery take longer.
As a beginner, you don't need to hit a muscle that hard to make it grow.
As an advanced lifter, you do have to hit muscles that hard to make them grow, so you just have to deal with the recovery period.

Beginners mistakenly think that big guys all got there training the way they currently do, which may or may not have been the case. But training with a bodypart split as a beginner, with 2 or more days recovery per bodypart, is simply sub optimal and a waste of time you could spend growing.

All that said, if you enjoy a bro split, then by all means go for it. In the grand scheme of things, commitment and patience (and diet) mean a whole lot more than min maxing aspects of your workout routine.

>anecdotally my chest didn't grow as much on sheiko as it did on a lower total volume hypertrophy routine
>it seems like there's more to hypertrophy than just total volume, you also need to have some type of volume overload within a single session for optimal size gain
Did you do the flies and the dips and all that? Did you pause all your reps? Did you do the incline?

I actually think Sheiko and similar are actually quite good for bodybuilding too.

i did all the accessories as written, I ran the over 80kg program

it'll definitely put more size on you than some 5x5 routine but something tells me if Sheiko routines were optimal for size bodybuilders would only be running Sheiko - why do something with more reps close to failure and risk injury?

Because bodybuilding is impatient, not too concerned with longevity and is also full of broscience.

Though I guess something with more accessories and more hypertrophy work would be ideal, maybe something like Dietmar.

brosplits are not as efficient for strength or aesthetics as most other routines, but it really doesn't matter much

as long as you eat right and lift a lot, you'll be good

they might not be concerned with longevity, but they are concerned with getting as big as possible

if Sheiko was the best way to do this, every bodybuilder would be running some MSIC routine with added accessories or something

At the end of the day everybody is different. I did a bro-split for years with almost no progress. Switched to a 3 day a week full body here about 2 years ago and my size and strength went up almost exponentially and have been doing it ever since. My body just responded better.

Do what works for you

Hmm... True, but from what I can gleam of how many of them train, it seems to me to be mostly memes and getting the roids to do most of the work.

>220kg bench
>cant even squat 3pl8
pick one faggot

imho

>the most jacked/shredded chad
depending on the gym, the most jacked/shredded chad is going to be a roid monkey so this doesnt necessarily mean anything

That's competition order buddy.

"Roids" cried the DYEL once more

>roids automatically make you huge
>it is easy to keep adding weight once you pass natty limit even on gear

Tips tips tips tips

Why dont YOU hope on gear and YOU report back when you look LIKE ME?

I hardly write on Veeky Forums but I couldn't resist.

"Hormone Function in Resistance Exercise: Training to Failure versus Non-Failure
In a unique recent study, Izquierdo et al. (2006) examined hormonal responses in an 11-week resistance training to failure (one group) vs. non-failure (second group) followed by an identical (both groups) 5-week peaking period of maximal strength and power protocol. Subjects were 42 physically active males randomly assigned to the two groups. The results showed that 11 weeks of training to failure and not-to-failure resulted in similar gains in 1RM strength, muscle power output of the arm and leg extensor muscles, and maximal number of repetitions in the squat. However, after the identical 5-week peaking period of maximal strength and power training, the non-failure group showed greater increases in strength, power, resting testosterone levels, and reduced coritsol levels when compared to the failure group. The failure group did have a greater increase in muscular endurance in bench press repetitions and a decrease in insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1), a muscle building hormone.
Practical Application: Training to Failure versus Non-Failure
Taking each set to failure may not be as an important factor as once felt when trying to increase muscular strength, power, and hormonal response for clients. By taking each set to failure, a trainer may actually make clients more susceptible to overtraining and decreased hormonal and muscle power adaptations."

unm.edu/~lkravitz/Article folder/hormoneResUNM.html

What the fuck happened in this thread?

sorry i shouldnt call them monkeys. but it is much easier on roids and i didnt mean that it is always the case

I've been working out for a month and a half and I'm almost at those numbers. You're a weak ego lifting pussy.

>Not resting 20 minutes before seach set
You must have perfect form and must lift a lot.

Anecdotal evidence at best m8. You have no idea how that guys genetics compare to that of yours or the general population. And you have no idea if he is using enhancements.

Dude I've been lifting for a week and I do those lifts for reps. Are you a manlet?

>and he said that they were better than full body because they worked a part of your body until it was sore
well my whole fucking body feels sore and like i was hit by a truck after doing 500x3x5 squats