Do you need a Gym buddy? Or can you go alone all times?

Do you need a Gym buddy? Or can you go alone all times?

I go alone all the time, if I wanna talk to someone i'll talk to some brain dead retard at work when I have nothing better to do.

ok thanks for the reply buddy
how long are you going to the gym for? Will you make it?

Home gym user
>no social norms so you can go full autist
>Bask in the glorious sun
>train naked like the fucking greeks
>take a shower in the luxury of your own
home
>Quick access to your tendies fresh from the oven

Gonna be 3 years next week, admittedly my first year I went with a co-worker but he rather do cardio and that doesn't interest me.

In all seriousness it helps to have someone beside you but it can also extend your workout more then you like. Honestly working out solo allows me to get in and out while focusing on what I need to do the entire time.

>tfw made more gains going alone in 2 months than I did in 2 years going with someone else

Go alone, trust me. You'll grow more.

love working out with a gym buddy, unfortunately I don't have one at the moment so I lift alone
it's insane how much someone cheering you on can help and even someone just standing behind you makes you way stronger

may you delete this?
thanks
ok I guess you can start your reps without someone helping you have a grip on them first

unfortunately Im an autist. As a kid i hit my head against the walls on purpose. Hope I dont sperg out at the gym

The only exercise that you absolutely need a spotter for is Bench Press. And any male over 16 with adequate training and average testosterone levels can get that bar off of you unless you're benching 300+lbs. Which we all know you aren't.
Any other exercise can be done alone.
If you can't ask a random to spot you for 20 seconds, then you have bigger problems then not having a gym buddy.

I go alone. I've lifted with friends before and they usually slow me down and don't try as hard. It's fun to hang out and have bants, but it's not worth it in the end if you have a worse workout.
It's nice to have someone to spot you when benching though, my gym doesn't always have someone random I can ask (and no power cages). I just try to know my limits and not to kill myself.

so what does a spotter do at Bench Presses?

They stand there and deadlift the bar off your chest before you suffocate. All they have to do is be able to deadlift a weight 3 inches over your nose and behind your head so you can get out.
Why is this even a question.

>I go alone. I've lifted with friends before and they usually slow me down and don't try as hard. It's fun to hang out and have bants, but it's not worth it in the end if you have a worse workout.

my nigger

How do you proper deadlift form when spotting position is upright

>implying you should worry about form when someone is being crushed to death in front of you and you volunteered to stop it

I go alone 5/6 days. And. On that one day I have a mate to help spot me during strong lifts. Don't really want to drop lmao2pl8 on my chest

they can only lift with me if they yell loud enough

You don't. Depending on the bench you usually have to stand at an awkward angle when spotting, but if the guy on the bench keeps pushing as he should, the weight you need to lift is only a couple of pounds of the total weight.
It's not your job to row the entire weight, if the bencher just gives up and thinks you will row the weight off him he's a douchebag.

I'd like a gym bro but I'm far too autistic. I'm more scared asking a random person a spot than the lift itself.

I used to go with someone.
Was fun at first..
Then i figured out its MUCH better to listen to awesome music and get pumped as fuck

When i was 17 i started going to the gym with two friends of mine. We were low test dyel faggots, so we didn't make any gains, but it was fun though.

But then we quit when my friends finished school and started to work.

I became a neet and played video games all day and night, i literally stopped eating and became a skeleton. I did this until i was 20 years old.

A few months ago i went to the small gym in my town and started again. Both of my friends has moved a few months ago, but one moved back after he broke up with his gf. Now i'm thinking of asking him to be my gym buddy when i see him the next time. Wish me luck.

small gyms are the best..
the only people that come to my gym are old people and bodyweight dyels.
nice people.
why dont you just go alone?
blast some music in your headset

I lift solo..would like a gym bro for bench days though. I'm in the 775

R E N O
E
N
O

I go alone most of the time. Most of my friends lift but they either lift at different times or go to different gyms. About 3 of my friends lift at my gym and I'd say we go together maybe once every two weeks or so.

Honestly I prefer it, especially now I'm working and my workouts can't be as long as before. I get on with it, don't spend time chatting shit and can focus so much more. The only issue is a spotter on heavy bench but usually just grab someone around who's happy to help.

The trick is to craft yourself a perfect gym playlist. I'm convinced No Love by Death Grips is responsible for all my PBs this week.

I go everytime alone, at the beginning i had a buddy, but if he dont wanted to go i skipped that day too, so it wasnt good at all.
If i need some help i ask somebody who stands near to me.

I go alone for a few months now, and i like it. But i think it would be fun to lift with my best friend.

And yes, small gyms are awesome, we only have one squat rack, but it's always free, kek.

A second bench would be nice though.

>small gyms are the best..
Agreed.
All the of the guys in my gym are bros.
And look great for being 30+ and natty.

Holy shit. This really sounds good

I hate going to the gym with people because going to the gym alone is one of my escapes. When i work out with a friend i either have to somewhat cater part of my attention to them instead of browsing the chan in solice with my music

I had this friend who lifted and I didn't. We always talked about lifting and stuff but it was all talk from my behalf, I didn't even lift. Long story short he got really big and we started talking less and less because I felt inferior to him. We haven't spoken in like 2 years but I started lifting a couple of months ago and I really wish I had started when he did, we'd probably be gym bros now, but oh well. Hope he's doing well.

just get a good gym bro. Obviously all you did was talk, take selfies and text.

Don't you have his number or at least his facebook?

Maybe you can text him.

only like having a buddy when im trying to set p.r on bench. everytime i get a rando to spot them either try to help me from the get go or they dont let it get to failure. for example if the bar is slowing down but still moving up they try to help, i dont want a spot unless im back tracking or going uneven.