Will running alone make my legs bigger?

Will running alone make my legs bigger?

no

yes

Maybe

great HIIT routine, constant training, great genetics, great diet, and drugs will yeah

A bit, but honestly you wont get the same mass compared to squats, diddlys, and using the leg press. But really if you're just trying to add mass, why run.

Rock climb, bike, or swim probably work better for leg mass.

Perhaps

Why do sprinters have decently developed upper bodies? Like doesn't that just slow them down. wouldn't it be better if they were very bottom heavy

maybe

Cycling is more effective.

I'm sure having developed abs and back muscles helps with stability.

What would someone look like if they roided and only worked out glutes and below?

It would be unnatural if it wouldn't.

Play soccer

It's not good to have muscular imbalances and having a strong upper body to help pump your arms will help increase force production.

And to help maintain good form

it's easier to squat.

otherwise prepare urself for intense hiit sessions that redefine your relationship with lactic acid

> What would someone look like if they roided and only worked out glutes and below?

Probably like Bakhar Nabieva. She does train upper body a little bit, but heavily, heavily focuses on lower body. Her glutes and thighs are enormous and the striations are pretty crazy too especially for someone who's not drying herself out crazy for competition.

>rock climb
>leg mass

?

Sprinting is the art of falling forward while not hitting the ground. The upper body mass helps with that.

this pretty much

A good strong upper body generates better momentum.

In general, no. However, if you combined lifting with primarily sprinting, it will help. Though that is not to neglect your long distance, slow runs (which will help with recovery).

Yeah no
This is the actual answer

I sprinted for eight years. Unless youre a really high level athlete most people end up with really low levels of body fat and most of your muscle in your legs. We only lifted upper body for balance purposes

Also Ive heard sprinting increases test levels but dont take my word on that

no. You just get toned. Your abs/calves/shins/ankles get stronger though