Whats stopping ethereum from implementing a decentralized oracle and killing chain link completely?

Whats stopping ethereum from implementing a decentralized oracle and killing chain link completely?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unix_philosophy
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KISS_principle
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Worse_is_better
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Shhh! Don't tell the linklets I'm still accumulating!

nothing.

chainlink's only hope is that there are tens of smart contract platforms that all need access to the same data. if there are only 2 or 3 major smart contract platforms then the data sources will integrate directly into their "oracle" or "data" layers, bypassing the chainlink middleman completely.

What is to stop ETH from implementing literally everything every ETH coin claims to be implementing?

>implementing

wtf? ChainLink is middleware. Oracles by definition It exist outside of any blockchain

unironically this

hi my name is jewhale
i have shat on you this whole time on binance
we are going to the moon in a few weeks
sell me rest of your link
faggots

Literally nothing.

If you think about it, ERC20 projects are pretty much Ethereum all together.

ETH is the champ and will be the champ for many years to come.

What's stopping Bitcoin from implementing Smart Contracts and rendering Ethereum unnecessary?

What's stopping you from during cancer?

Fun fact: This was used CONSTANTLY when ETH was a few bucks.

Wow, that takes me back me good times...

The ethereum blockchain serves one purpose, to act as a virtual machine. Only functions which are impractical to implement as a smart contract, such as zk-snarks, should be built into ethereum. Think of it as kernel and userland.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unix_philosophy
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KISS_principle
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Worse_is_better

Vitalik wants to stimulate external contributions to the Etherum network not kill them off by being a jewcunt.

And smart contract.com is now a member of the EEA on case you didn't know

well I thought about it a bit

1. LINK has been in development for 3.5 years, so it would take a lot of time for the ETH devs to do it (probably at least 6-8 months)

2. ETH has a well defined roadmap of things they are doing and decentralized oracle isnt one of them, i doubt they would just change course like that

I wonder if being first to market will be enough to carry LINK at this stage, it worked for btc and eth but the climate is fucking crazy with ICOs right now

Too bad Chainlink is an ERC20 token. Did I get that right or no?

Bitcoin does have smartcontracts. They just suck compared to ethereum. See counterparty, rootstock, probably some others.

isnt an ERC20 token just a token that implements a certain interface?

why is that bad?

Vitalik is actually hodlin link

Because it's hard to do.

Ethereum is busy with other things. They could, but it would take years to implement.

Who's going to pay for that?

LINK is only an ERC-20 because it needed to be tokenized, but the processes are blockchain agnostic.