/plg/ Powerlifting General

A thread for discussions on the sport of Powerlifting.

youtube.com/user/powerliftingtv

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iHba2ntTisc
youtu.be/T7fo_Oie5C0
instagram.com/p/BM7947Sgupw/?taken-by=poutineandtheipf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

nice hitch lol

>Jousting
appropriate
>"docking" with "splashing" sounds
ayy disgusting

kek

I decided to squat a lot of volume for some reason after not training for a while, and I discovered a new type of pain.
The DOMS have started minutes after finishing the training. It's not even DOMS at this point, it's just OMS.

I feel like a tractor ran over my body.

Also, I think I found my GOTY youtube.com/watch?v=iHba2ntTisc

... And I haven't even played it yet.

Why not post his 275kg 3rd attempt instead?

I got 21 reps on the Lith challenge (165kg didlift AMRAP)

I ripped that shit like twunny times an tru it thru da ground

Strained my lower back this morning, not severe but I'll have to back off for a month or so I can already tell.

I was going to do some sumo deadlifts and hopefully work up to 500lb. After my warm ups I was putting 275 on the bar and the last plate I must have twisted just right.

Only I can get hurt loading weight onto the bar and not actually lifting it.

I then sperged out and ate a pint of gelato.

Cause I don't have that webm. Want to share?

Better than me.

I've never managed to hurt myself the way you'd expect on a lift. Quad injury? Got it benching. Pec? Deadlifting. Shoulder? Squatting.

There's a lot of things wrong with me apparently.

Squat super light tomorrow too to get some blood in your legs. That's always helped with me.

Even bodyweight helps, anything to get the blood flowing.

Is 10 sets of conventional deadlifts at 75% of my training max, and 6 sets of stiff legged deadlifts at 65% of my training max and 12 sets of cleans at varied percentages of my training max too much posterior chain volume for me as an intermediate lifter? I'd like to say I'm strong mechanically at the pulls and I've been on this programme for 2 weeks with no problem but I'm afraid of overreaching.

>too much posterior chain volume for me as an intermediate lifter

that is a fuckton of volume

Spread across the whole week? Probably not, although it might be too much combined with whatever squat work you're doing. Depending on how aggressive you are with each of those sets, your work capacity, recovery and such.

In one session? Yeah, probably excessive.

Can't stop listening to 1d cover of teenage dirtbag

You're the second person in the last month to tell me they tweaked something loading the bar.

Stay safe senpai.

Here you go

fucking nice

I train full body but my lower body section looks like

>workout A: 1x5 highbar @ 75% , 5x5 conventional @ 75%, 1x5/1x3/1x1 cleans @ 75%/85%/95%
>workout B: 5x5 highbar @75%, 3x8 stiff legged @ 65%, 1x5/1x3/1x1 powercleans @ 75%/85%/95%

>A
>B
>r
>A
>B
>r
>r

I was thinking 'bout doing 6 week periods but don't want to overreach too long

>new job I'm on call every week day
>no idea when I'm going to train
Hoping I don't have to start chuckening 5am training

what's the best deadlift form source? I knew something was wrong with mine (too much quads, not sitting back) but now that I changed it i feel like I fucked it up even more and it's like I cant remember the right distance between my feet and stuff like that

oh and is the long nuckols article any good?

Andy Bolton taught me how to deadlift.
He makes it seem so simple and his form is immaculate.

what's with the fucking apparatus to cheat with? I saw a vid of a guy benching with what was literally a support truss for the weight he put it on like a straightjacket and everyone was nodding and impressed while his actual arms moved like 4 inches.

Also I come from an OLY background so I pull my DL very similar to the start of cleans. Is that okay form a power standpoint. I rip shit off of the floor and I chose rack pulls instead of shrugs to get a lockout to max the drive. But I've noticed my hips stay lower than most and I'm more upright than most power-lifters or PL instructors.

Bench shirt/ bands?

Thanks m8.

youtu.be/T7fo_Oie5C0

This guy.

tyvm senpai

Sounds like a bench shirt.

Not really cheating (except in the same way that something like the pole vault is a cheating sport compared to high jump) and, well, people vastly overestimate how easy it is to work with those fucking things.

how is it not cheating? dude could literally never lift that weight without mechanical aid, so he's literally not that strong? pole vault is a skill with a piece of equipment, like discus or archery. using that shirt is like using a mechanical flying discus booster

noice

>how will lith ever recover

There's a huge skill involvement with using a bench shirt. You take someone who's a strong raw bencher that's never used a shirt before, he's going to bench less than he does raw, if he can bench anything at all. It's not a case of 'put this on, hit PRs'.

no, it's a case of "utilize tools, achieve results otherwise not attainable". How is that helpful if you want to be the strongest dude around? you're only strong until someone steals your gymbag and then you're a chump

WHERE IS JESUS

Lith if you're reading this please don't sudoku. There's people who love you and want you to be happy and alive.

Because they compete in the equipped division and competing is about performing the best you can under the conditions given not about being the 'strongest' however the fuck you define that?

And you won't find an elite equipped lifter who isn't also capable of stupidly good raw lifts.

wtf I love cock now

I've been doing the Texas method as outlined in strength standards with back extensions and chin ups as accessories.

I remember seeing an outline a while ago with accessories being snatch grip deadlift, shrugs, and bicep curls.

Anyone got a link to that accessory program and others like it?

Here.
You can customise it, ofc.

That was it I think, thank you.

>You can customise it, ofc.
What do you mean by that?

Don't like accessory X? Change it for Y.
Want to do accessory Z? Just add it whenever you feel works best for you.

Hard to progress on lift W? Increase the amount of sets on day A and/or cycle the reps on day C.

That sort of stuff.

Bad routine because it's 3 days and not 4

>tfw Haack records your squat PR attempts

I've written at least two hundred 4 days routines kek pic related is an example

Tell him I said hi!

Did you hit your PR?

>pulling my max for 21 reps

Christ

I woke up this morning after having a nightmare to you bullying me on discord :(

Did he actually? That's fucking awesome. Did you talk to him about why he's not competing in the IPF anymore?

Yeah I have a video I'll post in a sec. It's on talentlex's phone so gotta wait for him to send it to me.

>Tell him I said hi!
I already left the gym though :(

Pretty sure it's the prize money

Honestly why don't IPF take a percentage of their meet profits and give out prizes? They'd even be able to have companies sponsor prizes and such.
Cause they are greedy? maybe the increased incentive to /fraud/?

Yeah I agree, I wonder if he'll turn /fraud/ now just because he can

>meet profits

I don't think the IPF makes a lot

Because the IPF really, really wishes they were the IWF and models a lot of what they do on that in the hopes that somehow it will rub off and one day they will be running an Olympic sport.

The IWF doesn't pay either but they have the countries to do that for them.

They are the biggest powerlifting federation in the world. How are they not making money?

I don't think he's permanently leaving the IPF, but I'm not sure. I can ask him next time I see him.

the strongest guy is the one that can lift the most.
not exactly a controversial stance until you add in mechanical aides

Aww, maybe next time ):

I'd never bully you senpai

wew moving up in squats

295 for a 5x5 up from 285 last week, think linearity's about maxed out, good morninged the shit out of my last rep, managed to hit depth all the way though.

Maybe I should start doing sheiko now.

Deloads are optional right? I can just jump straight into prep blocks if I want?

Frequently, the guy with the potential to lift the most is not the guy who wins powerlifting competitions.

There's also a fuckton that goes in to your numbers besides strength. There's plenty of strong bastards who are terrible benchers (or squatters, deadlifters etc) due to those reasons - and vice versa, some people who are incredible benchers/squatters/etc but aren't all that strong overall.

Where is USPA getting the money to put up a $40,000 prize?

entry fees and sponsors, where else?

Mate I just did 385 for 3 and I'm about to go back to a linear program. You've got a ways to go

If only this were true desu

They don't release financial records so we don't know desu

Kek
>ARE YOU GONNA ROID BRAH?

Mostly sponsors I'd say

Well if they can get sponsors than surely the IPF could

drugs

No I mean more like if he's gonna stay outside the IPF.

>tfw webm compression cuts out celebration hop at the end

In all seriousness I'm really happy with this. The form still isn't perfect but looks decent compared to last time I maxed.

I didn't think USPA had any sponsors with that kind of cash.

the IPF does they're just fucking jews with their money

jesus fuck

>mfw i was not expecting that form

>The form still isn't perfect but looks decent compared to the last time I maxed

I want big arms and big delts to make up for my body dysmorphia and bullying I experienced in middle school

Is it ok to do 4x8 dumbbell curls every workout (5 days a week), and then do 4x20 lateral raises after every bench workout (3 days a week)

Congrats on good morning PR
Please do front paused front squats and leg press x ∞

H-How could someone petite and cute like me ever bully someone? Stop spreading these lies right now!

4x12 curls

Can I bully you lith?

get webm for bakas you dip

Idk, just a buncha curls is what I'm saying. Is it ok to curl 5 days a week for huge biceps?

god, i would fuck your sweet lil ass so hard you sweet little pale strawberry

>Ramzy got third at worlds

BCPA REPRESENT

>My flu symptoms got fukt by bench day

POUTINE IS BACK MOTHERFUCKERS: instagram.com/p/BM7947Sgupw/?taken-by=poutineandtheipf

>Deadlift, pause at knees
>1x1 @ 100%

ur lumbar looks like its going to explode. why are u lifting ur arms as if ur taking off like a jet plane? why does ur body vertically hit ur legs at the bottom of the squat? This is trash tier why would u film this?

>he even looks good with a goofy mustache
kindly fuck off mate

solid brah

ur squat is absolute garbage. drop the weight man, learn to actually squat, your going to hurt yourself. It looks like you are about to shit out your spine. Absolute snap city.

god, i would fuck your sweet lil ass so hard you sweet little pale strawberry

Yes

Mostly a couple of the meet directors.

I thik you're supposed to bend at the hips not the lumbar.

Rude

>all this twinklex bully

Good job on getting the rep lad but wew

Do one day of paused high bar for every day of low bar and watch this shit disappear in five weeks.

>all this form memeing

Tbh I do see an improvement here. Still a long way to go though.
Anyway, Congrats on the PR!

Shut up sean.

and still better than twinklex
hm

Are those 45s? So 765lbs?

>filename
Nevermind

I'm doing a meet in 10 weeks so I'm gonna run another Sheiko and time it with the skills test. After that, I'll be doing a lot of quad work.

Thanks, I know it's still really bad, but my work sets at lower weight are looking better, so it's something.

Poutine outbenching ssb when?

Take it with a grain of salt, but that looks to me like its as much poor bracing/weak upper back as it is shitty quad strength.

Drop 5-10% off all back off sets and pause them. Then come back in ten weeks and thank me.

that wide of a stance should not even count.

He's not even doing a really deadlift.

Manlet + wide stance = 5 inch range of motion.

Not impressive at all

no

>timing meet with skills test

What about the sheiko accumulated fatigue? Maybe it'd be better to run a prep block then the Comp block so you get that long Deload