Hey Veeky Forums

Hey Veeky Forums,
How to quit gaming?

Ween off of it and time yourself when you play it if it's that much of a distraction.

t. Doing what I mentioned above but with the internet

Just stop.
Realistically just find things to do with your time that are more productive, because vidya is just a way to waste time.

I can't find things to do with my time that are more productive. Vidya makes me happy.

Play only EA games. Trust me, you'll stop.

Then why quit?

Because games are a waste of time and kill motivation and make you less sociable.

When you go to play a game, don't let yourself. Sit there for a second and think about the energy you have and why you're drawn to playing that game.

Think about the time you're about to spend playing it.

Think about yourself in a year, looking back, and wonder what you would be wishing you had spent that time and energy on. Then do that instead.

sell your consoles. best thing i ever did after high school

So does posting here.

It works for a week, but on the weekend it all goes to hell since I'm off work and done with chores and nothing to do.

I'm a PC. I use it for work too so can't sell it.

What are you saying?

Install gentoo

>What are you saying?
You're going to fuck up if you live solely for "motivation." You already said you like vidya, yet you feel you should quit due to it sapping motivation.

I'll say this: you had better have a good few replacement hobbies in mind otherwise you're in for a world of shit.

I genuinely stopped enjoying them. I used to put 40 hours into games per week. I sincerely don't believe I've put 40 hours into games this year. I realized that the joy or feelings of success I got from them were all false. I think I broke the mental hold they had on me, but it sucks because I don't enjoy anything else really. I'm not sure what to do anymore except shitpost.

Realize video games do absolutely nothing for you except give you a false sense of accomplishment. After you turn off that monitor/tv screen, no random person you see will be impressed by your LoL rank or KDR in CoD or whatever you play. If they do play video games, chances are they don't play the same games as you, and even higher chance is they don't play them an unhealthy amount.

DESU I quit video games for a long time, and invested time into new hobbies, but recently I started playing video games again. However, they're very easy to quit once you realize they'll never do anything for you and chances of you making money from them are so microscopic that its not even worth the time to put forth the autistic effort to become a pro/streamer/youtuber.

What are you saying?

Same here. According to steam I've played 9 hours for past two weeks. Not much compared to 12 hour days before I had a job. I just don't feel like playing anything at all, but if there's nothing to do I'll just fuck around in Rust or something and be bored within an hour.
At the end of it all I know it was a waste and I could have watched some khan academy or something but there was 0 desire to do so back when I gaming an hour ago. So, I guess there's no need to push yourself, but still...

What new hobbies have you tried? I'm the user that posted above you and I've been looking for new things for about a year now.

I quit video games cold turkey picked up reading heavily again. Not like I became more sociable or anything but I do feel better about how I spend my time now. I'm happy with my social circle anywho though so that doesn't matter so much,

I do realize that though and I don't play all those esport/competitive games. Never cared what other people think of my rank or kdr because I don't care myself. I play for fun and laughs only.

>However, they're very easy to quit once you realize they'll never do anything for you
I realized that years ago but still come back when I'm bored. Actually, I think I spend more time on Veeky Forums and youtube than gaming. That's my real problem. How to stop? I feel like I must come to this place for my meme dose.

Money-wise I agree. There were moments where I was going to try and trade up in steam from nothing, but apparently it took some 200+ hours to go from $0 to like $20, and so I just said why not just get a job? And so I did.

Cooking is easiest starter hobby imo. You can start by watching cooking shows, reading cookbooks, and trying random recipes from the internet. Its a skill you can develop everyday and it makes the pussies wet when you get good.
Some other random ones: programming, photography, watch making, stock market, instruments,table top games, magic the gathering, dungeons and dragons, cars, craft beer, and a few probably obvious hobbies are weightlifting and other sports.

>What are you saying?
You're going to fuck up.

I actually just started learning about a week ago. And the other random ones are good because I'm a programmer at a financial firm so I'm learning more about stock market stuff anyway. And I bought a piano recently so it seems I'm on the right track. Thanks user for validating my choices.

Sell your PC and get a shitty laptop.

Getting a job is really good for you, and that move was a good leap in the right direction. As far as Veeky Forums goes, it can help you if your visits are done in moderation. I learned a shit load from this website.
Weightlifting on Veeky Forums
Dress tips from Veeky Forums
Expanded music taste from /mu/
Basic photography from /p/
Occasional creative projects on /diy/
/g/ is an arguable one. Lots of brainless consumerism there, but there was a few good recommended purchases such as my thinkpad t420.
After the nip took over this site, its gone down hill so its been easy to stop coming here. Especially browsing on a mobile browser, the ads make me cringe.

Not sure if these are hobbies, but i just started to watch khan academy, reading Veeky Forums books and working out. That's about it. I dont see how I can fit anything else in. There's something that my brain want to get out of gaming/Veeky Forums that makes me sitdown these evenings in front of my computer. Any idea what it could be?

I don't think so Tim

Gud book suggestions? I'm good on my nonfic selection what about fic?

Sorry user, I don't read fiction. At least not now. I was really into it when I was younger but lately I've been on a historical literature binge.

I bought a piano a few years ago, good instrument. Learn how to read sheet music, and print out the pdf files. Very good method to avoid going on the computer if you're trying to avoid pc/video games. Man anything you can do to improve yourself is a good thing. Become genuinely interested in your hobbies and cultivate yourself. Best advice I can give to someone whos trying to become "themselves"

Why quit your personal hobbie, OP?
Everybody has one.

I don't really need to quit as I don't play that much anymore. Main issue is I give in on weekends and don't know why. During weekdays when I work I don't crave gaming. I know i can moderate myself but not sure why the weekend is so hard for me.