/owg/

A thread for the discussion of the sport of weightlifting and all things related. Keep the insults and shitposting to a minimum.

>running out of qts to post edition

>If you are new to weightlifting please read these first and check the other sources they link to before asking questions:
pastebin.com/1HgVcGam (embed)
pastebin.com/wCXeXfkk (embed)
chinfl.blogspot.sk/2013/07/how-into-weightlifting.html
reddit.com/r/weightlifting/wiki/faq

>helpful blogs:
yashathoughts.com
pentupwl.files.wordpress.com/

>The information that you are looking for is probably in the above links.
That includes routines, shoes, information on the lifts, etc. Check out the pastebins for literature or the reddit faq for general information.

>youtube stuff:
youtube.com/channel/UCl3WCm2GfvLxvH877oJ1xEA/playlists
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLfIeSgSBSoCJpz57KfVoqp4K4AeSFAfD
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLotmoPX6Kq0WJH2uws60250m1YTtg3j8Q
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6JVkciQ5ivAZBA3orJe37VOH_f5bcyyz

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MeWhrsdkiAQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

which lifting shoes have the highest heel and aren't expensive?

this shit is so fucking dangerous if you're not going to be a high level competitor what's the point

Adidas pp2
Wei rui warriors

Any cobbler can change heel height

Take care of your hands instead, use moisturiser, sand or otherwise debride your calluses

snibbety snab xDDD

lol

If you're going to die some day, what's the point in lifting at all?

muh dick

it's not dangerous, look up injury rates in olympic weightlifting, they're remarkably low. same goes for powerlifting. only high level athletes who are training multiple times a day year round and fucking retards get injured weightlifting.

dat butt jiggle on the jerk goddamn

it's really not that dangerous. more people get injured playing pickup basketball

Jesus that gyno....

U

>roiding for this

yeah but the consequences are a bit more severe if that bar lands on your head or spine

new to ow, im recovering from a shoulder impingement, can i do power cleans or do they tax the shoulder a lot/will make my symptoms worse?
i can bench, dl and squat just fine

Fuck, I thought Jon North was natty. Why are you even roiding if you're shit and never going to compete in the olympics anyways?

lol, fake weights?

Nah, she ofc can front squat 220 at 63 and then lift it off her clavicle with just her arm strength and laugh about how easy it was.

>mfw i rerack 5pl8frontskwot

He was natty his entire weightlifting career, he only started using once he began competing in bodybuilding. Obviously he's not doing either now with his heart defect, hopefully he's also no longer blasting test.

I rather be dyel than have that gyno tb h

w h o

Anyone ever have those days where even like 75% feels heavy and you start doing weird shit in ur tech that you don't normally do? Hate that shit, it's always snatch, atleast c&j feeling good

If you actually read some of the stuff pendlay said it's not unlikely he's been using since before his ban

That's called having a bad day and it happens to everyone.

I just feel so frustrated that I missed a sn @ 75% tbf hadnt snatched for two weeks as last week had flu so I shouldn't dwell I guess. Got all my reps in the end and even a bit higher on c&j. Sn just feels like it's getting worse and worse FML senpai

Can I get some tips on pulling under the bar in the snatch?
I can never go from power position to a full overhead squat and always end up just quarter squatting like a power snatch

You'll be fine if you're not stupid.

more practice with the empty bar.

you have to instantly drop down after that .05 second brush against your hips....

>it's freaking hard for a reason

SOMEONE WHO DONT NO WHAT THEY TALMBOUT

pls leave

Think I've been having supraspinatus issues.
Is laying off overhead presses enough to fix it?

amazing how he can save the clean while stepping forward.
and then he even almost gets the jerk too.

I never understood the context of his little outburst. I mean, he made the lift, good for him. But who is pointing out in the crowd?

>you have to instantly drop down after that .05 second brush against your hips

Please don't mislead people like this. It's really not funny.

maybe his people that came to watch, he's just saying he appreciates it senpai

it's almost tradition for lithuanian lifters to go insane after their lifts, just look up any lithuanian wl

youtube.com/watch?v=MeWhrsdkiAQ

>He fell for the coaching meme

Like watching pron but not having to be ashamed about it.

Anyone?

What do you mean by 'issues'? Elaborate.

Sporadic shoulder pain that goes down to the elbow (for example, when catching the bar from front rack position after a clean), and clicking and unstable shoulder on overhead presses.

Now what?

Post a video of you pressing and cleaning. Didn't have to be heavy weight. Most likely your mechanics are incorrect.

I just named catching the bar as an example.
It happens when I need to provide shoulder abduction force in the first few degrees.
Even on lateral raises with only 3kg.

How can you tell the difference between a pinched nerve vs pulled muscle

Post a video so we can see what you're actually doing.

Guys, please, I just want to know if I should stop overhead work with a weak/injured/shitty supraspinatus and if I should stop benching too?

Pinched nerve feels like painful pins and needles with a bit of tightness, nothing like a pulled muscle.

I hate her and I hate her boyfriend.

Talk to a doctor, not a bunch of faggots on the internet.

Well nobody fucking knows until we see your shitty form retard, jesus christ.
How do you expect anybody to know how to help when you refuse to post a form check.
Sounds like you're just looking for an excuse to stop upper body work at this point.

>I hate her and I hate her boyfriend.

that's cause u r weak

I've doing overhead presses for more than 4 years, my form is fine.
I suspect my supraspinatus got fucked because it's either weak or fatiqued, but I think just weak.

Nah, it's because Colin Burns is constantly being a faggot on social media. Farris, Norik "Natty" Vardanian, and Fleming are all better 94s.

>american hip thrust
>circular bar path
>dem nipples
>dat gyno

USA USA USA

Does anyone else think Mattie Rogers is an insufferable attention whore?

Jesus christ

>better post the third video of me in my underwear lifting of the day.
>The be proud of your body posts which = subtle brag look at me I think I'm hot posts.

Jesus christ shes not even that good of a lifter.

>insufferable attention whore?

nah she's just a woman

dont try to apply men logic to whatever they do

Those are some sour grapes, user. She's young, successful at her passion, pretty face, and has a banging body; of course shes gonna be an attention hoe

>tfw you will never have 2008 adistars
Why did you forsake us adidas? Adipowers look like hot ass in comparison. Don't even get me started on those leighstrungs are whatever the fuck they're called.

Grapes not sour, and you just agreed with me. Attention whore of peace.

I don't like her much either, but only really cause of the cutesie shit she does while filming herself

also that one time she compared herself to lu

She compared herself to lu? Pls link. Dumb ho.

Link to these comments?

I didn't agree she was insufferable; it's social media, damn nigga just turn off your phone or walk away if you're sick of seeing her. I'm simply saying she has more of a reason to be an attention whore compared to other people on social media.

Shes arguably one of the best female weightlifters in the US, whatever that's worth. She I'd say shes at least breddy gud.

I think it was from her IG but I only saw it because someone posted it on here after she bombed out of some meet (the parallel being lu bombed cj)

I just don't understand the groupie-ness surrounding her. All the girls in my gym worship her, when there are far better women lifters internationally. Oh wait they don't have as many instagram followers and aren't as pretty so they aren't to be worshipped. Stupid cunt (Not you, Mattie.)

She's basically the female poster child for US weightlifting. I'm assuming you're from the states, and so are said girls at your gym. They probably get exposed to Mattie moreso than the international lifters and also relate to her more. They may admire the other women for their strength, but they want to probably BE Mattie because, again, she's young, pretty, white, decently strong; the same reasons why she's the poster girl.

If you were doing the movement correctly you wouldn't have a weakness, and regardless such a small muscle isn't going to have such a disproportionate impact on your lifting. You said you're experiencing pinching, which is not a sign of weakness, it's a sign of PINCHING, which means you're doing the movement(s) incorrectly. Post a video so we can see exactly what it is you're doing wrong.

>be injured
>nah my form is fine
Equating time doing a movement to proficiency is entirely false. Just because you quarter squat for 20 years doesn't mean you're not doing it incorrectly.

>If you were doing the movement correctly you wouldn't have a weakness
Overhead presses very weakly develop the supraspinatus.

>and regardless such a small muscle isn't going to have such a disproportionate impact on your lifting
Rotatorcuff issues are a major thing.
Just websearch it for a plethora of examples.

>You said you're experiencing pinching
Nah, that was some other user.

This feels like nobody here knows anything about handling this specific injury and people just parrot
>muh bad form

>Overhead presses very weakly develop the supraspinatus.

Let me expand: if you were doing the movement correctly and additionally doing all of the prehab work you should be doing, which includes strengthening the muscles of the rotator cuff, then you shouldn't have a weakness.

>Rotatorcuff issues are a major thing.
Your rotator cuff is composed of more than the supraspinatus.

Clicking is a sign that a muscle or tendon is rubbing and snapping over bony structures, which means you have since inflammation that is a result of your doing the movement incorrectly and rubbing sobe muscle against and over a bony structure.

You are probably misdiagnosing yourself, that's why we want to see what you're doing.

If you don't want to do presses, fucking don't. You don't need or permission not to. Christ.

Why don't you take a step back and chill out with your ego? You say you have a problem with your superspinatus; we ask for a form check vid to try and diagnose what may be causing the problem so that we can see whether you just need to back off from overhead work like you asked or if there's a deeper fundamental problem.

Unless you did something mighty retarded in the gym, injuries tend to come about from improper form. It seems like you just want to hear your own suggestion come from someone else's mouth.

it's not always inflammation, some injuries will always click afterwards regardless. Mine does (painlessly) after a RC tear 2 years ago

Finally someone mentions something else, prehab work.
I don't think I did any specific supraspinatus work.
Do people even do that?

No shit, the rotatorcuff is composed of more muscles. That has nothing to do with the fact that if just one of them is fucked, you still can get injured.

I wasn't doing the movement incorrectly. Only after my supraspinatus got fucked, my shoulder would occasinally click, because the supraspinatus couldn't stabilize it properly.
Other way around.

I've made it multiple times clear that my form isn't the issue, and that I don't care about replies that imply that.
It's fine to say "you might be misdiagnosing yourself, so can we see a vid of your form?", but if someone then says multiple times that it's not his form, why the fuck would you insist on seeing a video?

See comment above.
I don't want to hear my own suggestion.
I'd be happier if someone told me I could continue pressing overhead.

Assuming overhead press form is fine and my supraspinatus is weak or fatiqued, should I still continue pressing overhead, and bench pressing?

You always seem to know a lot about these kinds of things, what do you think to my question above?

Repeatedly insisting your form is fine without any proof beside an stating an arbitrary amount of time you've been practicing the movement does not "make it clear" form is not the issue. It's very clear you came in here hoping someone would give you a clear yes/no answer about overhead work, and you've literally just said you're turning a blind eye to anyone that may imply it's your form.

You came into the thread for help, anons are trying their best to, but when they suggest something that doesn't align with what you want to hear, you act immature and basically go NUH-UH. Ridiculous. Go press or don't. It's ultimately your choice; this anonymous peruvian date-drying exchange can only offer so much.

What kind of shit response is this?
>it literally can't be anything else except your form on one specific lift
Ofcourse it fucking can.

I just want to know if doing overhead/bench presses is a good or bad idea with a weak or fatiqued supraspinatus.
For fucks sake, admit you just don't know the answer to that or don't respond.
What the fuck is this bullshit.

>tfw too much of a pussy to get under the barbell

I power clean 112kg but whenever I try to get into a full clean my body just says nope

What an immature little cunt you are. Nobody is fucking implying the sole cause is improper form. We want to see your form because it may lead to a proper diagnosis of what is wrong. Do you understand the word diagnosis, you ungrateful shiteater?

Nobody can tell you what to do because nobody knows what's causing your weak/tired superspinatus because you refuse to post a simple form check.

But keep being a selective reader and continue being mad.

Literally everyone is implying the sole cause is improper form.

You don't have to care what caused it to be weak/tired. It just is.
I need advice on whether or not to do overhead/bench, that's it.
A form check that shows good form doesn't fucking help anyone.

>selective reader
call me blind, but all ive seen is shitposts on my form and no advice or suggestions.

>You don't have to care what caused it to be weak/tired.

so you dont actually want help is what you're saying

just people to tell you to do it or not regardless of what caused it

you are dumb as shit lmao

The muscle got strained because of a weird movement I made during sex.
It got strained because of repeatedly jerking off because I can't get laid.
It got weak because I didn't do any specific exercises for it.

The reason doesn't fucking matter.

Given A, is B a good or bad thing to do?
>yeah, b-but how did A get established?
it doesn't fucking matter

good job buddy

fucking autists here...

here's how it goes with a normal person:
hey, my x got fucked, should I do y?
*did it get fucked by doing y?
no, there's no problem with y

*ah, okay. well, y can impair healing of x, so don't do it.
OR
ah, okay. well, y can actually strengthen x, so you should do it.

okay, thanks.

Yeah I'm going to call it selective because I literally said that we can't give you advice or suggestions because we don't know what the problem is. Weak/tired supersinatus is a SYMPTOM and we're asking for a form check to diagnose the CAUSE.

>A form check that shows good form doesn't fucking help anyone.

And here we come to the crux of the problem. What an ego you have. Maybe your form isn't perfect. Maybe form checks are one of the most common ways to identify problems, but fuck me, what do I know, right? You are the one seeking help, have some humility. Why don't you keep your mind open to suggestions you weren't expecting?

Whatever, take what you will from this exchange. You were an enjoyable time waster while I was rolling out my glute, but I'm off to be with better company.

you type like an autist and i hate u

meanwhile, on Veeky Forums

hey, my x got fucked, should I do y?
*did it get fucked by doing y?
no, there's no problem with y
*but is there?
no, there isn't.
*there might be, are you sure?
yes, im sure.
*there's probably a problem with y
no, there's not. can we get past this?
*no, we're autistic, we need to see a video.

it's not a fucking sympton, it's the fucking cause.
if the stupid ass muscle wasn't weak/fatiqued, there would be no fucking problem.

>why don't you keep an open mind
I do. Maybe my form isn't good enough, whatever video I post, there will always be someone who thinks it's shit.

>Take what you will from this exchange
Which is nothing, because no one has given an answer to my fucking question.

How autistic do you guys have to be for me to have to preface a question about an injury with "it's not my form, don't reply if you're just gonna shit about my form, i just want to know how to rehab it."?

dude if you are so good at making sure there's no problem with it why did you even ask

you apparently know everything

are you serious?
is it this hard to believe that I know my form is fine while not knowing how an exercise might affect rehab of a certain rotatorcuff muscle?

so anyone who knows about form knows literally everything about rehab?

c'mon

If you look closely you can see they are actually 2.5kg weights

it's because you're an idiot

you've been lifting for 2 weeks you dont no shit lmao

I've even said in this very fucking thread that I've been doing overhead presses for over 4 years.

>he's too retarded to figure out how to put a barbell over his head without dropping it

Fake weights