Is it unreal to see a guy deadlift 5 plates in your gym?

Is it unreal to see a guy deadlift 5 plates in your gym?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JxVUmAzP1to
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Do you mean unusual, you fucking retard?

No, It's not unreal for me to be at the gym

saw it today
saw it last week
i see it often

i saw a guy 5 plate trap shrug at the gym last week dog. was fucking crazy.

Only when I want humor.

Yeah this is what I meant
Where do you live?

I hit 495 last week. 455x3 three days ago. When I got that 4.5 plate I actually had ppl watching me to see if I'd even lift it off the ground. It confused the fuck out of me considering the e-statting here

Cool

Definitely rare for me, see 4 plates from time to time but probably legit

Yeah same for me. I've been a member of 4 gyms in 8 years. Probably been around atleast 1000 lifters. A 5 plate deadlift is little to brag about but I'm feeling pretty good bc I've only seen 1 dude do 455 for reps (never 5pl8) and he was obviously serious about strength. Pretty sure he was doing a strength program

I see it everytime the same group of people train.
Only about 1 group of 5~ people that do it though, and they train together.

Yeah man, the reality of using different gyms and seeing a bunch of actual lifters is you realise how fucking retarded half the cunts on here are. Not a day goes by without some fag claiming 4 plate squat, 5 plate DL etc but in reality the frequency of actually witnessing this it's clear that almost no one here actually posts legit stats

Or that you're dealing with two very different samples. Looking at random gymgoers at commercial gyms will get you a rather skewed idea of what an outlier population looks like, but a very good idea of what the normal lifter actually is. And Veeky Forums really isn't a place where you expect to find normal.

Or honest, for that matter.

Depends on the gym. At my old gym you'd see dudes repping 5+ frequently. At the one I was at before that a 3pl8 pull was rare.

my pr is exaclty 5 plates (220kg). Im just slighthly above average in size, but probably top 5 strongest guy in my gym

my uni gym had 12+ squatracks and four olympic lifts platforms. its really fucking common to see 4-5 plates.

the pleb shit gym i go to now filled with dumb guys/house wives have literally 0 people doing anything heavy. i'm surprised my 3 plate actually impresses people.

i swear there's an objective difference between smart weightlifters and dumb weightlifters. one is able to use science and focus to improve gains.

Serious gym in a small town in the Midwest

>5 plates (220kg)

Ohohoh

Ohohohohohoho

OHohohohohoho

He thinks those extra 4.5 kg don't count

Fair point about sampling. There are some absolutely shredded guys at my gym though, like easily top 10% of the CBT posts so it isn't like I only see 40 year old casuals, and even most of them don't do heavy lifts. They possibly could but my point was more so that there is a lot of e-statting here and 4 plate + DL/squat is probably top 1% of the population

>Canadian
>memes like a merilard

There's a handful of people in my uni gym even capable of pulling 5pl8+ and they rarely do so
>tfw none of them are me

Amerifat detected

Most I've seen is some friends bench 4pl8 and maybe a bit more

I only deadlift 3.5pl8 on a good day at my uni gym

Other than that I've seen max 2.5

Lmao only 5 plate

Deadlift* dunno why I wrote bench jesus

Also lmao fucking captcha

uhh yeah when Ive deadlifted 5+ plates the entire weight lifting section stops and watches.

thats like 15 - 20 people.

Pretty common I guess since I do working sets with 5pl8s every week and max on 6+ at my uni gym.
Sometimes see guys do 3-4pl8s for reps but I'm one of the only guys at my gym that frequently lifts heavy on all big three compounds.

My uni gym is mostly DYELs with a few guys who bench 3pl8.

I saw someone squatting 5pl8 this week though

What kind of boobs are those?

Yes.
I am the strongest guy and pull 4.25 at 85 kg. Another old dude ties with me at about the same bw. My friend pulls about 4 plate but at a way lower bw, 65-70 kg. So he is stronger actually, but not in absolute numbers. Everyone else either pulls 3 pl8 or less or doesn't pull at all.

fake ones

Saw a guy squatting 3pl8 for reps at my gym one day, pretty impressive, think he was doing 3x10

I go to a good gym owned by a bodybuilder, so no.

I go to a small gym, so when this one guy turned up and loaded 5 plates on the bar, everyone stopped what they were doing and just watched
it was quite cool

I pull 5 plates. People maybe glance if I drop the weights, but I've never had an audience or anything.

Where I am now, never except for me and some other guy, where I used to train before I moved, not unusual at all.

Over the muscle.

there are like 10 people at my gym that diddly over 4 plates.. so no its not "unreal"

>dyels catbacking on 2.5pl8
>niggers repping 5pl8 with perfect form
I'm one of like 3 people who are in between

never seen it because i go to a commercial gym. maybe once every other week ill see somebody loading up 3 plates DL or 2pl8 bench. max i ever saw was 285 bench 405 dl which impressed the fuck out of me. ive gone for 8 months.

Best DL in my gym is about 250kg or 5.7 plates or something like that.

Only two out of about ten who train for strength put up those numbers though.

I've been going to a commercial gym for over 3 years now and seen 2 guys ever pull 5+ plates: a buff asian steroid dude and a huge ass maori who probably pulled 4+ the first time he came into the gym.

I'm a former skelly lanklet and I still can't even pull 4 :'( So close though

There's one guy who gets up to 4-4,5 but he pulls with a ridiculously wide sumo stance and straps. Needless to say that doesn't count and he's a sissy faggot.

I've seen guys at my gym squat or diddly 4-5 plates, but they all look like overweight powerlifters. Most I see any kind of 'aesthetic' guys do at my gym is up to two and a half plate.

We even have a hydraulic squat rack for like super heavy squats, but I have yet to see someone use it yet. But some of the gym goers claim that they've seen it used from time to time, and some of the guys at mine compete.

>college gym
>freak athletes
>squatting 8+ plates
>pulling 7

Does anyone know who the girl is?

Never seen it. Everybody bought the ticket to Snap City I suppose.

Couple 4pl8 benchers there

I deadlift 6 plate, so no it's not unusual

Some butterface slag?

Ok, but her ass appears to be perfect so i'd like to look at it more if someone has a name. Thanks!

I have yet to see it and I lift at my gym in base, which pretty much full of bench/curl bros. I've seen a few guys rep 4 plates. Me and my three buddies are the only ones I know that lift full body. One of them got 3.5 plts x5, and I'm still stuck at 3plts. When it comes to squats I've prob seen maybe 3 dudes squat over 3plts for reps with proper form. I'm one of the strongest at bench(295) besides seeing two guys get 3 plts but they were part of the bench/curl club

I'm doing 3 plates, seen some high school kids doing 4 plates x 3 reps before. Most impressive lift I've seen was a vertical leg press (the straight up/down one that looks like it'll crush you dead) of >6 plates. Was fucking crazy.

wasnt there a survey that showed that over half of the people here cant even bench 2pl8 ?

Is he lifting an ear cleaner?

get a photoshop license and learn to liquify any basic white girl at a beach, because that's what's happened here.

Biggest lifts I've witnessed at my gym was

6 plate DL
5.5 plate bench (roider)
5 plate squat
6 plate shrug (shit form, wraps, shitty ROM)
3 plate row

At my uni gym, there's one guy that deadlifts like 525 or something. The next one is some dude that does 4 plates. Then there's me at 3.5 plates. These are just the people I see when I go.
Others are deadlifting like 1 plate.

Nobody really does heavy compounds at my gym aside from me and some other bro so yeah, it's pretty rare. You only see dumbbell and cable meme exercises

We dont have enough for a 5pl8 dl

I am literally the only person I've seen DL over 5 plate in my gym.

I still put 6pl8 down more quietly than half of the fags doing 2pl8 tho..

There's at least 3 people in my gym who DL 5pl8 and I live in bumfuck nowhere

>DL 3pl8 with overhand grip for 3 reps, perfect form
>DL last 2 reps with mixed grip, go full hunchback snap city central

How fix?

used to go to the same gym as this guy
youtube.com/watch?v=JxVUmAzP1to
he probably still owns all the records there

Maximum I've seen someone deadlift is 4pl8, he wasnt even that big, clearly was a powerlifter

Focus on keeping your upper back tight. It can come loose if you aren't used to keeping it tight with one or both arms supinated.
If your upper back isn't tight then you will hunch over which then makes it harder to keep your core tight also.

Thanks. Guess I'm dropping all my weight gains and retraining my back.

>they fell for the deadlift meme

>A 5 plate deadlift is little to brag about

Maybe on Veeky Forums, but in real life that makes you stronger than like 97% of men.

at my uni gym I seen 5pl8 twice in my 6 months going there. 4pl8 is typical amongst the Big Guys, but they're a small fraction of the overall population

I'm a manlet @ 3pl8 now, that's the typical bymbro amount at least at my gym

This, it's useless after hitting 3 plates

5pl8 is plenty to brag about friendo.

In my last 4-5 gyms only seen it once or twice. Ever since I joined a black iron gym saw 6pl8 dl hell first week saw a big4u bench 4pl8 for a triple touch and go.

>making fun of the best race on the earth

Back to tumblr

Only me and one other guy in my gym deadlift 5pl8. its both our max tho. Plus I can only do it with extremely shitty cat form. Sumo btw.

For the record 5pl8 is 220kg right? thats not that much in powerlifting terms desu...

Sumo isn't a real deadlift.

Too bad for you it's accepted by all powerlifting feds, cry more

B-B-but muh IPF

I do 215kg conventional but havent maxed it in half a year, most likely its also 220 or higher. Sumo just feel sexier

455 is strong as hell if the average person saw you lift that.

The weight lies dead on the ground, you lift it.

Now tell me why it isn't a deadlift.

Most I've seen at the commerical gym I go to is about 4.5 pl8. At the uni gym I sometimes attend, I've only seen 3 pl8s at the most

If i am not present yes

>A 5 plate deadlift is little to brag about

considering that the average modern male will probably struggle to pull 2pl8, it's pretty strong.

i don't think you realize how weak today's men are

just because the average male can't pull nearly that, doesn't mean it gives right to brag about it.

i dont even think any weight gives rights to brag.

that's not what i was getting at m8. just saying, he shouldn't sell himself short.

compared to the average dude, 5pl8 is VERY strong. obviously comparing to powerlifters it's mediocre, but still

I've only seen one other kid even deadlift for 4pl8 for reps at my uni gym. I'm sure there are kids that CAN, some of the hockey players are respectfully jacked.

My 1RM was 405 with wretched form, and I haven't been able to do it since. I usually rep out 365 2x5 and then 2 reps of 385 with a long break in-between.

I've seen the kid that pulls 4 for reps squat 4pl8s tho, so I'm sure his 1RM diddy is way higher. I left the gym before I saw him max out though because he took my platform when I was done split jerking. This was actually yesterday.

yeah, i agree.

(this is only my 2nd post btw)

When I go with 6 plates the time in the gym stops, haha