Injuries thread

Hey guys, I have a problem.
When I'm doing diamond push ups my forearms start aching in a very unpleasant way. When I first hit that problem my thoughts were like it's ok, my muscles aren't ready for that yet. And I decided to not do that exercise for a while untill I feel strong enough.
The deal now is that I'm pretty decent for a guy who trains only with his own weight but when I'm trying diamond push ups again the pain strikes as it was before. And now I can feel that it's now about muscles but something like tendon.
On a pic I indicated the area of pain.
Have you ever experienced something like that?

I need some help or advice on how to overcome that problem, user.

Other urls found in this thread:

ergo-log.com/vitamin-b5-tendons.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bump

bump

bump

don't know what to do about that but i'm going to bump u because ppl should see this instead of high test and other circlejerk threads

thats a very notorious area of "overwork" I did the russian pullup method, alongside 2 days workout, 1 days rest thing without a stop, also went into a jobbo that required that muscle group, and I overburden it.

I used two methods to fix it

b5 ergo-log.com/vitamin-b5-tendons.html

>increases tendon recovery rate by 30% according to this research

and secondly, I went to a physiotherapist. And he prescribed me a weird method to fix it. Namely of holding your wrist up, and then twisting your arm, so that it points downwards, exposing your palm. A set of each repetition is 3 x times 15 seconds, with a quick rest in between, 5 times a day.

to add to that, you basically take the fingers of one hand, with the other hand, and push them to the upwards point, where you can activate that muscle group. So its not down, which compresses those muscles, but its up, so they are stretched. To stretch it further you twist your arm though. Would be easier with a drawing or something but that is how the dude told me to do it. And it kinda worked I think.

Thank you, I appreciate that.

Thanks for the info, I'll try it. What really frustrates me is that it doesn't even seem like overworking. The ache starts from the very beginning of performing exercise.
Also a question for you: did these methods help you to absolutely fix the problem?

Not op, but I was doing ohp and switched real quick to another exercise and I immediately felt a pinch. My middle back feels sore n tight. Any remedies ?

il be honest, I think I did relapse a little bit. I also decreased intensity of ALL strain on this muscle group by about 60% in total, or even more. Got a different job with it as well.

And I managed to suppress it to such a point, where I could get back to my old weights, without a starting pain.

But I have grown a bit lazy in the palm exercise and now it felt like it stung a little bit, not during the exercise, but as if it was lacking oxygen or something, just during the day. Like a phantom pain.

so this injury is pretty annoying. The muscle group, or one of the muscles is also called flexor carpi ulnaris. But the physician said that its a muscle group, not just one muscle. So perhaps you may have the same problem as I have. Not sure though. But the tendon recovery thing still may help.

perhaps you have carpal tunnel syndrome or one of its many variants?

diamond pushups are fucking awkward in the first place. It's a meme as well

upgrade to one arm push ups and then weighted one arm push ups

I get pain here too when I do cable curls

does anybody else get random bruises?

SS beginner here, two months in. I wake up each morning with immense back pain, which goes away by noon usually. I don't think I have the best squat form or flexibility, could this be the reason? Should I take a few weeks off to work on stretching/flexibility?

you might have diabetes or leukaemia, get it checked.

Used to get the same pain while benching due to incorrect hand placement. Once I backed off and fixed my issues it went away. I found wrist straps helped when it was achy along with sticking my entire forearm in ice water for about 10 minutes at a time. You're gonna have to let it heal.

You're probably winking on squats and cat backing on deadlifts. Not squatting and trying to learn how to do the splits isn't going to fix your squat dumb ass. Lower the weight and fix your form.

That makes sense

So how do you deal with it?